NubianDawn

E4 - London mod - Traffic Issues

Hello

Firstly apologies if this problem has come up in this forum before.  

I am playing the London mod in freeplay and am experiencing issues with large amounts of traffic, making the map gridlocked.  Traffic lights seem fine.  At some intersections vehicles have tried to cross junctions at the same time causing a blockage.  In this instance I despatch a Police road unit to redirect the traffic.  This works in some instances, but I have found that traffic is no longer compliant and doesn't move when directed.  

There are currently 2 blockages on my map; bottom left, near the Stobart depot - traffic turning left to exit the map won't move.  This causes issues for emergency vehicles using that route as they become stuck as well.  

On the motorway, vehicles also refuse to move, after I have cleared the RTC and directed them.  

I have police units placed at the edges of map, redirecting all vehicles that come on to the map, back off.  

Nothing I do seems to work to clear the 2 blockages previously mentioned.  I've tried road Police units directing these vehicles, recovery trucks removing them (doesn't work), cranes moving them (doesn't work).  As a last resort, I use a Police armed unit to shoot said vehicles, with a Pump to put the fire out, then remove the vehicles with a recovery truck.  This has limited success.  

What else could I try?

Try this map.  I fix some of the issues I think.  Every now and then the traffic will build up by the stores left turn with the buses.   I made several changes to correct some of the issues. traffic lights and paths eliminated some buses to many of them but the map work was incredible job.  A lot of hard work went in to this and map and mod. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ubgeoam2yblcyxu/freeplay.zip?dl=0

• Upvote 1

Thanks FInn Rescue 12, will give it a go.  

Once I download the file, where do I put it within the E4 folders?

Definately a detailed map and yes loads of work gone into it.  I also love the parking script which makes things much easier.  The emergency vehicles are so realistic.  

It is a brilliant mod.   Wish they'd create one for South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue.