carli96

[New Creek - Project] Download, News, Information

6 minutes ago, TheRubyChest said:

I tried putting it into a new folder. Didn't you read the WHOLE thing? once I started the game it didn't show.

In the Emergency Launcher that pops up when you start, under modifications, does it show up? If it's there make sure there is a checkbox checked next to it, if not, drag and drop that zip folder (without unzipping) into the launcher window in the grayish area the launcher will freeze up for a minute or so then it will show up and again, make sure to check it.

9 minutes ago, K1ngcomp said:

In the Emergency Launcher that pops up when you start, under modifications, does it show up? If it's there make sure there is a checkbox checked next to it, if not, drag and drop that zip folder (without unzipping) into the launcher window in the grayish area the launcher will freeze up for a minute or so then it will show up and again, make sure to check it.

Doesn't show up. Like I said, I TRIED. 

2 hours ago, TheRubyChest said:

I tried putting it into a new folder. Didn't you read the WHOLE thing? once I started the game it didn't show.

Yes I did read the whole thing. I don't think I mentioned anything about putting it into a new folder, I was talking about searching for the folder in the game modifications panel, it's not like em4 where it shows right after you extract the files, could you please send me some pics of the folder it's in and of it not showing in-game please?

On 11.1.2017 at 1:36 AM, K1ngcomp said:

Wonderful, I also agree that the map should be the focus. 

I enjoyed what was there, my only beef with it currently is the sirens that play globally (especially with multiple out) and the pedestrians that flock to fires and refuse to move away.

Can't wait to see more.

I'm happy that you like our mod. I can't confirm that the sirens are played globally but we will try to find a solution in the next patch.

On 10.1.2017 at 10:37 PM, TheRubyChest said:

I can't figure out how to install it. Can anyone help me? When I install it I get a file like this. What do I do from here? I tried putting the .zip file into the mods folder and making a new folder and putting these in it and it failed aswell.

You can mark in the opend .zip-file all folders and the project.json and move them in the modification-folder by drag-and-drop.
We're trying to find a smoother way to update the mod. We can't promise it for the next patch, but maybe we managed it.

17 hours ago, mr matt5432123 said:

Yes I did read the whole thing. I don't think I mentioned anything about putting it into a new folder, I was talking about searching for the folder in the game modifications panel, it's not like em4 where it shows right after you extract the files, could you please send me some pics of the folder it's in and of it not showing in-game please?

47e06c17e4fce4398ef0aa7b83b3dbdc.png

6 hours ago, carli96 said:

I'am happy that you like your mod. I can't confirm that the sirens are played globally but we will try to find a solution in the next patch.

You can mark in the opend .zip-file all folrders and the project.json and move them in the modification-folder by drag-and-drop.
We're trying to find a smoother way to update the mod. We can't promise it for the next patch, but maybe we managed it.

It will become 5 separate things then, not 1 file. I even tried moving just the .zip file into it and it failed.

• Downvote 1

okay i looked at the mod and i found a textural bug with the engine messing textures up (causes weird texture bars shooting out from the engine the main part of the engine is fine) and i also saw that the firefighters cannot get equipment and fight fire (which you probably already know) but over all it looks very nice and the lighting is well done for the stage the mod currently is in. i hope to see good things come of this mod. (if you need me to i can record a short clip of the texture glitch)

hope this info helps.

and again well done on what you have done so far

texture glitch pic 2.jpg

texture glitch.jpg

9 hours ago, carli96 said:

Your prictues look very interessting. But I don't really understand what you want to show in the first image.

The mesh glitch looks very nice
But I can't reproduce it.

Can you show me your logfile after playing the New Creek mod?

Maybe, a reinstalling of the map can help

the top screenshots shows the mesh glitch like the lower one and they flash around a lot i'll put up a video tomorrow showing more of the mesh glitch if i can reproduce it.

i think i still have the logfile and i will upload that tomorrow when i find time.

It's sunday morning in germany and we released the patch 0.0.3

We weren't able to release the patch in the desired scale, because of our private life. But we have some new things to release in the next patch hopefully.
In the next few weeks there will be some innovations relating to the map. We have a new team member and he will help us to build up the map. We have some new ideas, not for the next patch, but you will see what time will bring.

Download link in the first post

So the mod itself, I dragged and dropped into the mods box, ticked it and it worked fine. But when I tried the same for the patch it wouldn't have it. I'd imagine in the steam folder its located somewhere different which I still cant find.

I've done plenty of modelling and editing / skins in em4 so I thought this would be pretty straight forward finding folders but I just cant locate it.

Did you have a look in the AppData-folder?

type %appdata% in the path-textbox in your Windows-Explorer. Go to promotion software->emergency 5->mods 

then try it again.

We are working at a new script for an easier way to install updates. Maybe the next patches can be installed inGame. We will see if our tests will be successfull

I've been trying to look for decent mods for Emergency 5, and this is just what I've been looking for; a great mod. Just one thing, though. I went into the world editor trying to see if I could add to the map, and I noticed that there is a New Creek tow truck in the vehicle assets, which is different from the one given in free play (You are given the normal EM5 one). Just wanted to bring this to your attention, in case this was an error.

hi tacomanjuan,
nice to hear that you like your mod.
We know that you can only use the original towtruck instead of our new model. Our model does not have a crane so we need to write a new towtruck-logic. But to this point the focus was not an programming a new logic.

A little view for tomorrow:
In version 0.0.4 you can use a new vehicle. The CPC-Unit (Chemical Protective Clothing). With this vehicle you can dress a firefighter with a hazmat-suit. Momentary there are no chemical emergencies, but in future there will be some. Hopefully in the version 0.0.5 you will also be able to call a decon-unit
Furthermore we build a watertank-logic, so every vehicle with a watertank has a limited watertank but you can fill up the tank with an fixed hydrant.

If you are interessted in that watertank-logic for the original game, I can implement the logic to the normal game. But for that, we need your feedback for some bugfixes.

Hi carli, I did try the fix for the patch by searching app data and it showed nothing? either I'm missing something or my pc wont find it. My only suggestion to making it easier to install is to load 2 or 3 patches into the original game, and then releasing a new full version every so often instead of players having to navigate and install each individual patch.

Its probably the easiest way to do it and will also save you guys time having to keep uploading patches every other day. Like I say just do like 3 or 4 patches load them into the original game then release it as a whole game again, it will save you guys and the players a lot of hassle and time.

But hats off to you, you guys have made history here with what you have achieved with this mod, I tried but with a small family and an eventful job I just didn't have the time to sit down and figure the em5 modding platform out properly. But you guys are doing a great thing, keep up the good work!!

The new version is online. You should delete all mod files befor installing the mod completely new.

changelog version 0.0.4:
new cpc-unit
first verison of watertank-logic. The connection to a hydrant is possible, but the disconnection doesn't work, so a locked the the command to connect to hydrants.
When your fireman is equipted with a fire hose and is not connected you can click on a vehicle an the person will be connected to this entity.