DaL33T

Harbor City 5 loads to black screen

I recently downloaded Harbor City 5. It works fine on Campaign mode, but when I try to play freeplay mode on my laptop, it loads to a black screen. You can hear music and gameplay sounds, but it's just a black screen. And on my desktop, while freeplay mode works fine, when I try to start a new game after already playing one, it crashes to the desktop (and the same thing happens with the London mod).

Any advice?

Crashing between Freeplay is a 'normal' issue I believe... As for the black screen on the laptop is it just with the mod or in general? Could be a myriad of reasons from tech to a corrupted file.

I would start by reinstalling the mod and then try running as an administrator and post the results.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, CMCC626 said:

Crashing between Freeplay is a 'normal' issue I believe... As for the black screen on the laptop is it just with the mod or in general? Could be a myriad of reasons from tech to a corrupted file.

I would start by reinstalling the mod and then try running as an administrator and post the results.

No luck, same results. I thought I had found a workaround by starting a freeplay game in vanilla, ending it, loading HC5, and then going into freeplay, but none of the vehicles were controllable.

On 12/5/2016 at 1:19 AM, CMCC626 said:

On 12/5/2016 at 8:01 PM, DaL33T said:

No luck, same results. I thought I had found a workaround by starting a freeplay game in vanilla, ending it, loading HC5, and then going into freeplay, but none of the vehicles were controllable.

I just checked the log files, and I got this:

?VulpineWrapper::ChangeScreenMode(): VERR_NOSCREENMODE - Screen mode could not be set

Maybe that might explain it?