ModCentralModTeam

IDEAS FOR MODS

48 minutes ago, Emergencymodteam said:

at this time folks the time has come for the ideas to come to a close. We would like to thank everyone for there amazing ideas as the next modification coming to em4 as many of you have gave ideas of locations where you live unfortunately we can only pick one. as we have all of them that have been given as ideas we want YOU to the decision makers. the next forum above will be setup as a poll of all the ideas that have been give, we would like everyone to vote on an idea although we can not force this but when voting please do not vote for you mod as that defeats the purpose. if you have given an idea please vote for a differant mod you would like to see. the poll will run until  11 PM. Sunday so get over and cast your vote now the decision is yours.

I don't know if you can edit the poll but You should probably take out Texas city. The way they are organized is very similar to Bushton. So if it were to win it would just be a watered down (way less units) version of Bushton. 

(I'm assuming you are planing to make the units/resources as accurate as you can.) 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Rlizard said:

I don't know if you can edit the poll but You should probably take out Texas city. The way they are organized is very similar to Bushton. So if it were to win it would just be a watered down (way less units) version of Bushton. 

(I'm assuming you are planing to make the units/resources as accurate as you can.) 

i could although it already has votes :/

23 hours ago, Rlizard said:

zma26173.png

If they do a new map on it (very much possible, given how simple the layout of this is), it would actually be pretty unique even if it resembled another mod.

3 minutes ago, itchboy said:

zma26173.png

If they do a new map on it (very much possible, given how simple the layout of this is), it would actually be pretty unique even if it resembled another mod.

Are you talking about the city layout? 

(I can't view the picture)

• Upvote 1

Odd, pic works fine. City layout, yeap. Even if stations and dispatch are 'weak', it will more than make up for it if they have a custom map over it.

The mods that tend to last long all have new maps, often entirely new scenery, ambient stuff and just the overall background. Things like these 'mask' out gameplay issues and help keep the mod playable over a long period of time. The more new content, the more attention they pay to the 'bigger picture' instead singling out or focusing on one aspect of the project because there is nothing else. It spreads out the end-user's attention so that they feel overwhelmed and overlook bugs or issues, even glaring ones.

2 minutes ago, itchboy said:

Odd, pic works fine. City layout, yeap. Even if stations and dispatch are 'weak', it will more than make up for it if they have a custom map over it.

The mods that tend to last long all have new maps, often entirely new scenery, ambient stuff and just the overall background. Things like these 'mask' out gameplay issues and help keep the mod playable over a long period of time. The more new content, the more attention they pay to the 'bigger picture' instead singling out or focusing on one aspect of the project because there is nothing else. It spreads out the end-user's attention so that they feel overwhelmed and overlook bugs or issues, even glaring ones.

Makes sense, some of the best mods have their own maps. 

• Upvote 1

alright everyone it is getting close in the poll with just over 24 hours left we have tie between it seems like the most popular locations people want to see if the poll results in a tie with any of the locations there will be a re-vote with the tiebreakers all others will be dropped. also Bay cliff Texas is being pulled out of the polls due to no votes as of yet as other locations do have votes. be sure to vote if you haven't already.

alright the polls are officially closed and we have collected the results the winning location is San Leon Texas, As our team discusses some things we will post all info for it as well as the forum on 11/21/16 @ 3 PM. EST. it will be listed under mods under development feel free to continue to follow us and show support for the mod on there see you there!

1 minute ago, Emergencymodteam said:

alright the polls are officially closed and we have collected the results the winning location is San Leon Texas, As our team discusses some things we will post all info for it as well as the forum on 11/21/16 @ 3 PM. EST. it will be listed under mods under development feel free to continue to follow us and show support for the mod on there see you there!

Let me know if you need any info on the area.