TACRfan

Help with Weapons

Hi, I have been trying to fix a bug in the Kent mod that makes the MP5 and M4 invisible but I have tried almost everything I can think of to get it working and it still doesn't. 

I have re added the script from the LA mod to see if it was the script that was damaged but it wasn't, I turned on alpha reflections but again nothing.

The strange thing is it is only Kent mod personnel that are affected, if I call in LA personnel there weapons are not invisible 

3 hours ago, itchboy said:

Did you also take note of the alpha reflections of the guns and the persons? If the person unit doesnt have alphas, the weapon should not as well. If the person unit does, the weapon needs to have its texture modified so it can support alphas.

Oh i did not realise both had to be with or with out, i will try it and see what happens 

5 hours ago, itchboy said:

Did you also take note of the alpha reflections of the guns and the persons? If the person unit doesnt have alphas, the weapon should not as well. If the person unit does, the weapon needs to have its texture modified so it can support alphas.

Sorry for the double post, it wont let me Re-quote you in the edit. How do you remove Alpha reflections from models (not in the editor i mean turn them from needing alpha reflections to objects that are not shiny)

14 hours ago, itchboy said:

Going into the texture and making it 100% opaque.

I have tried that and i changed the model to something else but its still invisible 

3 minutes ago, itchboy said:

It might be a script issue.

Its odd to me why even when changing the model out, nothing shows up.

I did think that, that's why I went into the LA mod and copied the script over and replaced the old one with it to make sure but still nothing.

8 hours ago, itchboy said:

Alpha reflections have been disabled on person units right?

Yep all the reflection and shadow settings are the same apart from 1 which is the one that says "Light" it's greyed out for me and won't let me press it.

45 minutes ago, itchboy said:

The 'Light' at the bottom means nothing. Its just a marker which IIRC is disabled on persons.

Are the weapon models in Kent mod different from the one in LA?

Originally no, they were still the MP5 but because of this bug I changed the model to a G36 that I found on the German forums in hope that it would fix it but it didn't 

4 minutes ago, itchboy said:

Only other theory I have left is that the prototypes defined in the MP5/M4 code arent the ones for the person unit prototypes.

So the prototypes in the script are different to the actual prototypes?

On 15/11/2016 at 2:01 PM, itchboy said:

Only other theory I have left is that the prototypes defined in the MP5/M4 code arent the ones for the person unit prototypes.

Again sorry for the double post, it only happens when i am on mobile for some reason i cant edit posts. I have adjusted the transparency of my personnel to 100% opaque but they are still shiny in game, Do you know why this is? also when they are shiny the weapons show as the people have shadows and alpha reflections on

Back on PC now so i can edit posts. I have just looked at the files and it appears every time i adjust the opacity when i exit and save it resets back and does not keep te 100% opacity, do you know why this is?

11 hours ago, itchboy said:

Not sure with the texture bug, but the fact that person units appear shiny means that alpha reflections were activated on the units. Try deactivating on both the guns and person units.

I just tried it, if I deactivate them on both you can't see the gun they have to both be active

3 hours ago, itchboy said:

Well if the weapons show up with alphas on, then you have only one choice it seems. Make alpha reflections for the person units so they do not appear glossy.

Sorry to keep sounding like an idiot but how would I do that

You will need to select the uniform stripes and reflective portions (like badges) of the texture and cut - paste them in a separate layer. Leave behind the human skin, shoes, cloth, hair and eyes. You would then make the portions that do not reflect into a 95% transparent layer. Take the remaining opaque layer of reflective portions and paste it down.