Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to International Emergency & 911: First Responders Fan Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• MikeyPI

ATTN: Mod Creators:   01/23/2016

Please update the FIRST post of your topic to include important information about your mods and their progress. Since you follow your topics and respond to them (hopefully anyway) you know what people most commonly want to/need to know about your mod and it's current state/progress. If your information will not fit within the first post of the topic, please contact a staff member and we will make it so that you own the second/third (as-needed) posts are yours as well. Having the most important information in the first posts of the topic will hopefully reduce the repetitive questions asked by having the most important information related to a mod within the first post.
    • Stan

Maintenance update   02/07/2016

Dear community,   After three weeks of issues we moved our site to a new dedicated root server. We fixed a lot of bugs with this release. All downloads up to 1Gb filesize should be downloadable for everyone.   Encountering any kind of issues? Make a post in the website/forum support.   Regards, Stan
    • Stan

Paid Referral Links   02/11/2016

Hello,     From now on we will be disallowing any referral links on our site. This is not the place to earn money directly or indirectly. Anyone found sharing paid shortened links or referral links to earn money might lose his account.     Reason for this:     We are providing this service free of charge, putting our own free time in this and paying monthly fees on our own costs to keep this free service running. So why should anyone else make money from something they don’t pay to use?     So in short from now on we will be warning and banning users abusing or misusing referal links.     Regards,     Stan          
    • randomperson139

Signatures   03/04/2016

Hi everyone. It appears that the update to the new forum has affected the format of the majority of signatures (adding extra spaces, changing sizes etc.). Due to this, could everyone please check their own signature, ensuring that it complies with the site rules. See the http://www.emergency-planet.com/tos.html/ or http://www.emergency-planet.com/topic/16848-acceptable-signature-sizes/ for more information.  We'll give it a few weeks to give enough time to edit signatures, after that the unnecessarily large signatures will simply be removed. Thanks for your cooperation. Regards, EMP Staff.
armyconrad

Fern Creek Modification v1.0- Modified Map Preview (See Main Post)

Fern Creek Modification v1.0   32 members have voted

1. 1. Are you excited for this mod?

2. 2. Do you like the system of volunteers I will be using?

• Yes
    • No
    • Kind-of
    • Kind-of, could use some work (feel free to specify below in a comment)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

77 posts in this topic

Estimated Release Date Based Off Of Current Progress to certain selected YouTubers and other people: unknown at this time

Estimated Release Date Based Off Of Current Progress to the Public: Unknown at this time

My Modding Facebook Page

Fern Creek Modification version 1.0

Mainly Non-Fictional, with a few small edits to make it Semi-Fictional

Some Quick Details/Facts: Hey guys, Connor Brumleve (aka Armyconrad) here. A few of you know of the Fern Creek modification that I have been working on for some time now, then stopped working on it. Though I have learned a lot more skills after I stopped working on this mod, and after a long time of not working on it, I realized I have the skills to finish and release version 1 of this mod. Another contributing factor to me continuing work on this mod is that I have obtained a lot of details and info on emergency services in my area. There will be a lot of changes from the original stuff I posted. Some, maybe all, skins done so far will be modified. There will be some new models, such as a Seagrave Marauder II engine (Fern Creek Engine 7134; will be a cab swap), and more. This mod will be a very interesting mod. The mod uses Mayberry 1.5.1 as a base, but I have also made edits to the map texture, and there will be some buildings swapped out, some added in, some removed, and etc. Some station models will be changed out. And in case you are wondering, this mod is not just a plain reskin. The real life Fern Creek Fire Deparetment (FCFD) operates from 4 stations. They have 1 24/7 staffed company, Engine 7134, that responds from Station 1 with a crew of 4 (1 captain, 1 sergeant, and 2 firefighters). Stations 2 and 3 are volunteer, and station 4 houses a reserve engine (used to house 7134 during the night, and station 1 would house 7134 during the day). The FCFD in the mod will be 99%, if not 100%, realistic to the real life FCFD. Louisville Metro EMS is the main EMS provider for Jefferson County, with Yellow Ambulance, Rural/Metro, and Mercy Ambulance (Mercy does mainly transfers) as secondary EMS providers. Anchorage Fire & EMS operates 2 (3? they just received a new Dodge 4500 ambulance, not sure if they are getting an additional crew for it or if they will be taking a crew from an older ambulance and assigning it to the new unit) ALS ambulances, that will often respond county wide when needed. Saint Matthews Fire Department also has 2 ambulance units on order, and they too will respond county wide when needed when they arrive. The Louisville Metro Police Department and Jefferson County Sheriff's Office are the 2 main police providers in Jefferson County, though there are many smaller municipal police departments scattered across the county. Time to get to the mod details .

Mod Details

Version 1 in this mod will mainly focus on fire and ems details, and police along with fire and ems will get updated in future versions.

Fire Departments:

FCFD operates from 4 fire stations.

Volunteer System: Since there will have to be multiple volunteer units on map, I will be using a volunteer system that contains of multiple POVs scattered across the map, and maybe some that are off map and you have to call them in. When a call comes in and you want to send volunteers, this allows you to choose what volunteers you send, and how many you send and to what stations you send them to.

Their stations, apparatus, and On-Map Locations are as follows:

Spoiler

Station 1 (Northwest part of map):

Engine 7134 (24/7 staffed crew)

Engine 7131 (volunteer staffed; will eventually be a snozzle in future versions like the RL unit)

Quint 7155 (volunteer staffed, will be plain old truck in first version)

Rescue 7181 (volunteer staffed, a "1997 Spartan Advantage/Summit" medium-duty rescue)

Forestry 7172 (volunteer staffed)

Utility 7194 (volunteer staffed)

Utility 7197 (volunteer staffed; van)

Station 2 (Southeast part of map):

Engine 7132 (volunteer staffed)

Utility 7191 (mechanics vehicle)

Car 7101 (chief; FCFD IRL doesn't have an on-duty battalion chief)

Car 7105 (major; training officer (a.k.a person in charge of training))

Station 3 (Southwest part of map):

Engine 7133 (volunteer staffed)

Tanker 7163 (volunteer staffed)

Utility 7193 (volunteer staffed)

Engine 7130 (volunteer staffed; this unit IRL and in the mod is a really old engine, that hasn't moved in a very long time and doesn't go on calls anymore (*very very very very very rarely if at all)

Station 4 (Northeast part of map):

Engine 7135 (reserve unit)

Off Map FCFD Units (Will have parking spot on map, might end up being on map at start):

Car 7102 (deputy chief)

Car 7103 (assistant chief)

Car 7104 (major (2 that share role, might end up having both in vehicle); safety officer)

IRL all fire departments minus the Louisville & Shively fire departments are part of a unified "Jefferson County Fire Service" under a unified dispatch. Traditional district boundaries are disregarded when dispatching, and the closest units with the required equipment are dispatched. Multiple departments are often dispatched together on a call, too. FCFD's district IRL is at the edge of Jefferson County, and is bordered mainly by Bullitt County & a little bit by Spencer County.

Mutual Aid Fire Department List is as follows (*note that not all MA units will be in version 1; and some units can only be called in by chief or "at station dispatcher"): W.I.P

Spoiler

Jeffersontown Fire Department:

Engine 3334 (Paid; Responds From Jeffersontown Station 1)

Truck 3351 (Paid; Responds From Jeffersontown Station 1; Tiller Ladder)

Battalion 3304 (Part Time On-Duty Battalion Chief; Responds From Jeffersontown Station 1)

Hazmat 3389 (Cross-staffed by Engine 3338; Responds From Jeffersontown Station 3)

Engine 3338 (Paid; Responds From Jeffersontown Station 3)

Highview Fire Department:

Buechel Fire Department:

Engine 3737 (Paid; Responds From Buechel Station 1)

Quint 3752 (Volunteer; Responds From Buechel Station 1)

Harrods Creek Fire Department (*note that this department is a few districts away, they staff an ALS rescue company (the only 24/7 staffed actual rescue company in all of the county) it responds to working fires in it's district and some of the districts that surround it, in this mod it will go to structure fires in Fern Creek):

Heavy Rescue 1288 (Paid; ALS; Responds From Harrods Creek Station 1)

Emergency Medical Services:

There will be 2 EMS providers in the Fern Creek mod. The first and primary one is Louisville Metro EMS (of course) and the second and secondary one is Yellow Ambulance. Anchorage Fire & EMS Ambulance units will also be Off-Map MA medic units. There are 2 EMS difficulty levels. The default "level" is determined by your choice of whether you want to swap out one of a Yellow Ambulance BLS Ambulance with one Yellow Ambulance ALS Ambulance (their parking VO's are right on top of each other, so you can have only 1 out at a time). If you swap out those 2 units, the mode becomes "easy" mode. If you keep the BLS unit, the difficulty level is "normal". The BLS unit is the one that spawns on map by default. There will be a bunch of off-map mutual aid units that you can call in to help you when needed.

EMS Units, Their Staffing, & Their Locations are as follows:

Spoiler

LMEMS Units:

On-Map Units:

Medic 126 (ALS Ambulance & 1 Paramedic and 1 EMT Stretcher Crew) Location: FCFD Station 1

Chase Car 171 (ALS Intercept & 1 Paramedic) Location: FCFD Station 4

Off-Map Units (W.I.P):

Medic 123 (ALS Ambulance; 1 Paramedic, 1 EMT Stretcher Crew; Located in Highview)

Medic 127 (ALS Ambulance; 1 Paramedic, 1 EMT Stretcher Crew; Located in Buechel)

Yellow Ambulance Units:

On-Map Units:

Medic 426 (BLS Ambulance, 1 EMT & 1 EMT Stretcher Crew) Location: Hospital

Medic 471 (BLS Ambulance, 1 EMT & 1 EMT Stretcher Crew) Location: Hospital

Off-Map Units (W.I.P):

Coming Soon...

Anchorage Fire & EMS

Off-Map Units (W.I.P on which ones will be included):

Medic 2081 (ALS Ambulance; 1 Paramedic, 1 EMT Stretcher Crew; Responds From Anchorage Fire Station 1)

Medic 2082 (ALS Ambulance; 1 Paramedic, 1 EMT Stretcher Crew; Responds From Anchorage Fire Station 1)

Medic 2083 (Reserve Ambulance; ALS Ambulance; 1 Paramedic, 1 EMT Stretcher Crew; Responds From Anchorage Fire Station 1)

Medic 2084 (Brand new unit that recently arrived, I'm not sure at the moment which unit it's replacing; ALS Ambulance; 1 Paramedic, 1 EMT Stretcher Crew; Responds From Anchorage Fire Station 1)

Police Departments:

(W.I.P) Some police units that will be in the mod will be the Louisville Metro Police Department (LMPD), Jefferson County Sheriff's Office (JCSO), 

Spoiler

New Modified Map (picture of downsized map texture):

Spoiler

The main changes are:

-Expanded residential area in the northwest.

-In the southwest, I removed a bunch of buildings and other objects, placed a dirt road, and added more forest area and some buildings. Since this picture was taken, the part of the dirt road going north-south has been narrowed, and the forest area to the right of that part was expanded a little bit.

-Some super small areas might be changed back to forest due to map boundaries

(Click the Photo for Bigger View)

downsized_FC_Mod_map_texture.png

I would like to hear your all's opinions and comments. Feel free to do so.

Sounds good so far. I'm interested to see what the PD will be driving. 

2 hours ago, Rlizard said:

Sounds good so far. I'm interested to see what the PD will be driving. 

Will be a combination of crown Vic's, Ford Taurus, ford explorers and or Ford Expeditions, and possibly one of the few Ford Fusions that the LMPD owns will be used as main patrols and supervisors. LMPD has a traffic control unit that drives units marked as traffic control. A lot of them are staffed by civilians or retired officers for special events. These can range from escapes, explorers, expeditions, and pickup trucks. LMPD also owns some tow trucks on a ford F-450 chassis, and one of those will be eventually included into the mod. Of course there are special units off the map, sheriff department units, state police units, and LMDC (department of corrections) units that might find their way into the mod. Ford is very big in Jefferson County, Kentucky. Ford has a lot of vehicles that are made here in the county. The vehicles made are the Ford Super Duties (250-450), the Expedition, and the Escape.

Yeah that huge ford plant located there I also believe the 550's are built there aswell. 

I love the way you're setuping up the EMS. 

So I have few questions about the mod. 

Rescue 7181 going to be like a F-550? Also will this be the only truck with extrication equipment (jaws of life, shears etc)

are all the utilitiy trucks going to be the same model? 

The off map FCFD cars are the volunteer POVs? 

Will the volunteer system work like it does on Montana mod? You click on the the little control panel and order volunteers to show up. Or is it like the old mayberry mod where Manual have the pov drive to station or fire call.   

Engine 7135 is a reserve what gameplay fuction will it do. I understand what a reserve engine does in real life but gameplay wise what does it offer?     

17 hours ago, Rlizard said:

Yeah that huge ford plant located there I also believe the 550's are built there aswell. 

I love the way you're setuping up the EMS. 

So I have few questions about the mod. 

Rescue 7181 going to be like a F-550? Also will this be the only truck with extrication equipment (jaws of life, shears etc)

are all the utilitiy trucks going to be the same model? 

The off map FCFD cars are the volunteer POVs? 

Will the volunteer system work like it does on Montana mod? You click on the the little control panel and order volunteers to show up. Or is it like the old mayberry mod where Manual have the pov drive to station or fire call.   

Engine 7135 is a reserve what gameplay fuction will it do. I understand what a reserve engine does in real life but gameplay wise what does it offer?     

Rescue 7181 will be a "1997 Spartan Advantage/Summit (or something close to or looks like it)" medium duty rescue. Quint 7155 and/or Engine 7134 might get the Jaws of Life, (probably at least 7134, IRL 7134 would respond and often if its an injury accident with entrapments they would request volunteers be paged for 7181, but this judgement is being made from only one call I heard over the radio), but I'm not sure yet. There is an off-map rescue (Rescue 1181) that is Located at Highview Fire Department Station 1. Highview FD's district completely borders the western edge of Fern Creek FD's district. You can expect quite a few MA units from Highview. Another off-map rescue is Harrods Creek Heavy Rescue 1288, but thats located quite a few districts away, and is the only 24/7 staffed rescue company in Jefferson County (typically a MVA response in the eastern half of the county is 1 engine/rescue engine and 1 ladder truck for all ladders carry the jaws, but im not sure with fern creek, are sent to motor vehicle accidents) It responds to all Working Structure Fires in the eastern half of Jefferson County, and the unit is also ALS (has equipment and is staffed with at least 1 paramedic on each platoon). There will be in this mod some non-injury motor vehicle accidents, which will add to the interesting of the mod for it won't tell you whether it's injury or not.

For sure, 1 of the utilities will not be the same. One of the 2 utilities at station 1 will be a 15-passenger Ford Econoline van. The rest will be pickups, probably older ford f-150s (like 1999-2006 old).

The off-map cars are actually chief's cars. 7101,which is on the map, is the fire chief, 7102 is the deputy chief, 7103 is the assistant chief, 7104 is the safety officer that 2 Majors share the role of, and 7105 is the Training Major (the guy in charge of training). 7105, and maybe 7101, will have the start and debug fire commands.

There will be volunteer POVs on map, and maybe a few more additional ones off the map. This will allow you to choose which ones and how many to send to each station. Like, for example, you choose to send 3 to station 2 and 6 to station 1 and you assign them to the trucks you want to take. This allows more customization, and makes the volunteer system more realistic. And the Montana volunteer system doesn't work for some reason when copied to another mod, so if i wanted to use it I would have to use Montana as a base. Also, I'm not sure if the system works with multiple stations.

The purpose of Engine 7135 will still be in the air. In the first version, it might not do anything. But in the second version, I will probably end up adding the parking script in the London mod that allows you to choose where to park and facing what direction. This way, you can send it to a station that one of the engine companies is down at, and manually use this tool to park it in the spot where the other engine will be, until that engine gets "repaired". I will also probably do something with it that allows you not to use it unless you activate it first, but it might be able to be used if you choose to (it would be unrealistic, but its your choice as the mod's player)

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask  .

If off map cars are command members why don't you have them parked at the station? Usually if it's a paid dept they are at the station during the day. 

Also I think only 1 should have the debug fire command (probably training officer). 

Is the forestry unit going to be a jeep? I googled the dept and saw it. 

Not bad so far.   

18 hours ago, Rlizard said:

If off map cars are command members why don't you have them parked at the station? Usually if it's a paid dept they are at the station during the day. 

Also I think only 1 should have the debug fire command (probably training officer). 

Is the forestry unit going to be a jeep? I googled the dept and saw it. 

Not bad so far.   

True for the chief part, but not all the chiefs won't be at the station everyday. The chiefs except for BC have their own FD marked vehicles, that they take home with them and will respond from home with them if needed. Since there is only 1 paid crew at Fern Creek, an on-duty BC really isn't needed. Take for example, Okolona FD, which their district is the western border of Highview FD. They have 3 stations, with a paid crew at each for a total of 2 paid engines and a paid quint company. They have an on-duty BC (Car 8009), for they have 3 paid crews. There will be parking spots on map for the other chiefs, so you can manually call them in when needed or during the day and send them home at night. And yes, Forestry 7172 is FCFD's brush truck, and is a Jeep. I want it to be a Jeep, but I am having trouble finding a model for it. There will be for sure one off-map Battalion Chief, which is Car 3304 from the Jeffersontown Fire Department (i attempted at making this mod a long time ago, but i barley had the skills to make it. Once this mod is done, there is a great chance that I will continue the Jeffersontown mod. But I might wait 4-5 years or so, because they are currently working on a new station for JFD which should be in service in around 4-5 years). And actually, I might make all the cars on map from the start. I don't know yet. Expect to see a preview of a LMPD Crown Vic skin & lights sometime today. This will be the sole patrol model for V1, do to the slight complexity of the LMPD skin.

As long as the chiefs have parking spots I'm happy. 

It's a shame that there will only be crown Vic's for the pd. I look forward to seeing the skin. 

Will their be a PD supervisor (Sergeant)?

Just now, Rlizard said:

As long as the chiefs have parking spots I'm happy. 

It's a shame that there will only be crown Vic's for the pd. I look forward to seeing the skins. 

I just said version 1. There will be more updates/releases for the mod which will have more updated LMPD units like Tauruses, Explorers, Expeditions, and maybe even more PD department. This along with other stuff will be in those updates. I would rather get PD done and over with for now, because PD is my weakest subject when it comes to skinning and lighting. But I will update for future versions.

On 11/14/2016 at 1:26 PM, Connor Brumleve said:

I just said version 1. There will be more updates/releases for the mod which will have more updated LMPD units like Tauruses, Explorers, Expeditions, and maybe even more PD department. This along with other stuff will be in those updates. I would rather get PD done and over with for now, because PD is my weakest subject when it comes to skinning and lighting. But I will update for future versions.

Good to know. Remember for pd you can always make unmarked units that shouldn't be to hard to skin.

3 minutes ago, Rlizard said:

Good to know. Remember for pd you can always make unmarked units that shouldn't be to hard to skin.( I have mod experience and just assuming) 

true. some of the special ops units will be unmakred mayberry units until i can get LMPD, KSP, JCSO, and LMDC special units in the mod, which will be pretty cool units and models.

oh and by the way. NOTICE FOR EVERYONE: this page is being updated still, so be sure to check out the main content every so often.

1 minute ago, Connor Brumleve said:

true. some of the special ops units will be unmakred mayberry units until i can get LMPD, KSP, JCSO, and LMDC special units in the mod, which will be pretty cool units and models.

oh and by the way. NOTICE FOR EVERYONE: this page is being updated still, so be sure to check out the main content every so often.

Traffic PD units are unmarked sometimes. I just like a little model variety in the 1 version. 

Will fire chief be unmarked? (A lot of fire dept are switching to this because the chief doesn't make a ton of calls anymore.) 

1 minute ago, Rlizard said:

Traffic PD units are unmarked sometimes. I just like a little model variety in the 1 version. 

Will fire chief be unmarked? (A lot of fire dept are switching to this because the chief doesn't make a ton of calls anymore.) 

I understand, but my main goal for version 1 is to get a release out. V2 is when all the quints, on map and MA, will be added, along with many unique and cool PD units.

While some FDs in Jefferson County have unmarked chiefs, Fern Creek FD does not have an unmarked chief.

Will most of the FCFD engines be the same as in real life? Or will you change it up with commercial cabs etc.

Will most of the FCFD engines be the same as in real life? Or will you change it up with commercial cabs etc.

They will be the same as IRL. This mod is designed to be mostly non-fictional.

They will be the same as IRL. This mod is designed to be mostly non-fictional.

I've be able to find all the trucks but I can't find the utilities or Chiefs cars. I know you said the utilities will mainly be F-150s but what do the Chiefs drive mainly. 

3 minutes ago, Rlizard said:

I've be able to find all the trucks but I can't find the utilities or Chiefs cars. I know you said the utilities will mainly be F-150s but what do the Chiefs drive mainly. 

yeah the website I think you are using doesn't include utilities and chiefs cars. Chiefs typically drive Ford Expeditions (which will be the case in this mod). Though some chiefs, like Pleasure Ridge Park Battalion 2209 (F-150 with bed cover that's kindof like those on the FDNY Battalion cars), drive other vehicles.

yeah the website I think you are using doesn't include utilities and chiefs cars. Chiefs typically drive Ford Expeditions (which will be the case in this mod). Though some chiefs, like Pleasure Ridge Park Battalion 2209 (F-150 with bed cover that's kindof like those on the FDNY Battalion cars), drive other vehicles.

Yeah working chiefs like pickups because they can haul around more stuff. Hand tools, more SCBA packs etc. (my dept has an F-250 that command uses.)

I look forward to updates. 

Yeah working chiefs like pickups because they can haul around more stuff. Hand tools, more SCBA packs etc. (my dept has an F-250 that command uses.)

I look forward to updates. 

yeah PRP has 8 stations, with 1 being a non-staffed training location. 3 of the stations have paid crew, the rest of the stations have part time crews (by part time I mean a crew of 4 volunteers go to each those stations at night and staff trucks there) and they have a large district. and ill post that video by the end of today.

8 minutes ago, Connor Brumleve said:

yeah PRP has 8 stations, with 1 being a non-staffed training location. 3 of the stations have paid crew, the rest of the stations have part time crews (by part time I mean a crew of 4 volunteers go to each those stations at night and staff trucks there) and they have a large district. and ill post that video by the end of today.

Will you max the amount of volunteers that FCFD that can be called in? 

22 minutes ago, Rlizard said:

Will you max the amount of volunteers that FCFD that can be called in? 

since the volunteer system will be mainly on map, I am currently going to add 10-12 POVs scattered across the map. Maybe more maybe less depending on how things go. 12 would give 4 3 man crews for volunteer units, leaving 1 volunteer truck and the tanker unstaffed at station 3 if you used all volunteer trucks at stations 1 and 2. you choose how many you send, and if you will be realistic and call in off map ma FDs. It is not going to be like mayberry 1.5 where you keep clicking to get up to 10 at that station or whatever.

14 minutes ago, Connor Brumleve said:

since the volunteer system will be mainly on map, I am currently going to add 10-12 POVs scattered across the map. Maybe more maybe less depending on how things go. 12 would give 4 3 man crews for volunteer units, leaving 1 volunteer truck and the tanker unstaffed at station 3 if you used all volunteer trucks at stations 1 and 2. you choose how many you send, and if you will be realistic and call in off map ma FDs. It is not going to be like mayberry 1.5 where you keep clicking to get up to 10 at that station or whatever.

Yeah honestly I like this way better then the Mayberry, it always broke on me. 

That works not everything is staffed at a volunteer dept. Like mine we don't staff our 100 year old quint (it's really like 40 years old) and are 3rd engine that we just use for water supply. But if we needed it a guy could run back with a squad to get it. 

Is the mod going to use Realistic water script? 

11 minutes ago, Rlizard said:

Yeah honestly I like this way better then the Mayberry, it always broke on me. 

That works not everything is staffed at a volunteer dept. Like mine we don't staff our 100 year old quint (it's really like 40 years old) and are 3rd engine that we just use for water supply. But if we needed it a guy could run back with a squad to get it. 

Is the mod going to use Realistic water script? 

Of course it will use the realistic water script.