boyscoutews

Ladder and VO Parking spacing Issues

Hello Folks,

I hope you guys can help me. I am making a mod using the Mayberry ladders. I want to fix the ladders so the guy is on the ladder properly and the ladder does not have any gaps in the areal part when going up. I also have some hose connections on it because the real life ladder is a quint, but the hose connections are not working. York%20Area%20United%20Truck%2089-1-L.jp

My other question is I have a station in the editor that looks great, then as soon as i load into game that is when my issues start, they park sideways then cant move, They go to the spot and there is noting  around them and then it says "there is no space unit return to headquarters". what is happening because in the editor they are perfect looking, but its giving me all the issues I have no idea what to do.

One last thing is I am looking for 3 models. A Military truck
12115685_1059453854085784_57955214334608

A Mercedes Sprinter
White-Rose-Ambulance-Featured-619x338.jp

1986 Ford E-450 with a Lexington Box
img_2002.jpg

Thanks for your time and help! Hope to hear something back!

For your first problem, It is sadly not possible, the game can only recognize the vehicle as a ladder truck or a pumper but not both.

also, for the military truck your looking for, there is none like that that I know of, but you could try taking the one from the LA mod and putting it in a 3d modeling program like Blender, and deleting the cover on it. I'm not sure how that will look but it's worth a shot.

And for the Mercedes sprinter, I would check the European forums, I'm pretty sure I saw a few good ones there.

Good luck with the rest of your mod!

1 hour ago, mr matt5432123 said:

For your first problem, It is sadly not possible, the game can only recognize the vehicle as a ladder truck or a pumper but not both.

also, for the military truck your looking for, there is none like that that I know of, but you could try taking the one from the LA mod and putting it in a 3d modeling program like Blender, and deleting the cover on it. I'm not sure how that will look but it's worth a shot.

And for the Mercedes sprinter, I would check the European forums, I'm pretty sure I saw a few good ones there.

Good luck with the rest of your mod!

what about the ladder positions? and the guy

14 minutes ago, boyscoutews said:

what about the ladder positions? and the guy

oh yeah, For the ladder positions, go into the child editor and move each ladder superstructure (except the largest one) slightly towards the back of the rig, that's how I fixed it anyways, though it takes a little experimenting. And Emergency 4 was made for platform ladder trucks, you can move the child that represents the guy (should be named "Basket") around and experiment with that, but on an aerial ladder there's just not enough room for the guy to always be "on" the ladder. I know, it does look weird having him just floating there, if I ever get the chance to learn how to script, though, I'm going to rewrite the whole ladder script.

• Upvote 1

Re: Parking, you will have to trial and error the code right. Create the correct entries for all associated vehicles and assign to em the VO's.

For the models you seek:

• Military truck exists in Mayberry IIRC. You will need to mod it a bit to look like that.
  • The Germans released a Sprinter model many years ago, use that. You will need to dump USA style equipment on it though.
  • The third vehicle will have to be custom built by yourself.
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, itchboy said:

Re: Parking, you will have to trial and error the code right. Create the correct entries for all associated vehicles and assign to em the VO's.

For the models you seek:

• Military truck exists in Mayberry IIRC. You will need to mod it a bit to look like that.
  • The Germans released a Sprinter model many years ago, use that. You will need to dump USA style equipment on it though.
  • The third vehicle will have to be custom built by yourself.

OK I have the stuff, i just moved the vo around from the original mod and they are straight but in the game they do all types of weird stuff. Is there a ford Sprinter?

15 hours ago, mr matt5432123 said:

oh yeah, For the ladder positions, go into the child editor and move each ladder superstructure (except the largest one) slightly towards the back of the rig, that's how I fixed it anyways, though it takes a little experimenting. And Emergency 4 was made for platform ladder trucks, you can move the child that represents the guy (should be named "Basket") around and experiment with that, but on an aerial ladder there's just not enough room for the guy to always be "on" the ladder. I know, it does look weird having him just floating there, if I ever get the chance to learn how to script, though, I'm going to rewrite the whole ladder script.

I have 2 ladders, one with a platform and one that does not, and the platform has words on it, can i put them on the bucket?
East%20Prospect%20Truck%2042-L.jpg

3 hours ago, dbeehler said:

I will put my 2 cents in for the Parking. Make sure that your ¨tunrto¨ is facing the corrrect way, and pretty straight with the parking space

okay how in the word do you know your turn to is facing the right way? i know you put it in the direction you want the vehicle to face when padked but is that all?