TACRfan

Help with limited water scripts

I am trying to set up the Limited water script for a mod of mine and i have managed to get to the pumps, water tanks, connections and supply lines working but for some reason when i go to connect the hose to the engine to start putting out a fire i loose the Cool and Extinguish commands from the fire fighters. The same thing also happens with the DLK, i connect the DLK to a hydrant then as soon as i put the firefighter in the basket and he has gone through the animation of the ladder extending the firefighter loses the command again.

2 hours ago, itchboy said:

You need to deal with making additional dummy commands to automatically assign the cool, extinguish and any other cmds to the firefighters so that their functionality is retained.

Thanks for the quick response 

Sorry to ask but how would I do that and what script would it be in, would it be the extinguish command or something different.

You'd have to make your own, or re-hash an existing one, depending on what mod you are using and what you want to do.

Extinguish and cool have nothing to do with them being assigned on the person units. You'd most likely have to assign them so that when they connect to the engine, they are automatically given the cool/ext cmds.

13 hours ago, itchboy said:

You'd have to make your own, or re-hash an existing one, depending on what mod you are using and what you want to do.

Extinguish and cool have nothing to do with them being assigned on the person units. You'd most likely have to assign them so that when they connect to the engine, they are automatically given the cool/ext cmds.

Do you know of a tutorial for doing this as I am not the best at scripting 

12 hours ago, itchboy said:

No tutorials exist for this unfortunately.

Oh ok, thanks for the help

On 18/10/2016 at 0:55 AM, itchboy said:

No tutorials exist for this unfortunately.

I have tried to make one but have not succeed unfortunately, do you know if there is a mod that has a dummy script that i can use

2 hours ago, itchboy said:

I dont know of any unfortunately. You will have to be the first to do this kind of thing.

I did something an it gives me the command however the tanker truck does not loose water nor does it connect up to other fire engines

7 hours ago, itchboy said:

In theory if you made a custom dummy command, it shouldnt affect LWS at all. I dont know how it could be causing such an issue.

Did not make a dummy command, I had put an extra semicolon into the script and that was causing the problems