freakinfuzzball

Switching Maps

Hello everybody!

I'm hoping to get an answer as to if its possible to switch maps in a mod other than LA.   I have put a considerable amount of time into making a personal mod using Mayberry 1.5.1 but I really want to use the 1.2 map.  The issue with falling back to 1.2 is that many of the scripts I like in 1.5.1 would be gone and need to be added again, as well as a good amount of work getting all the vehicles switched.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I tried searching but every topic I found was about LA mod.

Thanks!

You can swap maps in any mod really, as long as you carry over all the relevant VO's, commands, objects, paths, stations and minor details.

There is no shortcut in doing this unfortunately. Em4 also doesnt have a copy paste function for VO's, and the one that does work wont allow you to paste things from mod to mod.

15 hours ago, itchboy said:

You can swap maps in any mod really, as long as you carry over all the relevant VO's, commands, objects, paths, stations and minor details.

There is no shortcut in doing this unfortunately. Em4 also doesnt have a copy paste function for VO's, and the one that does work wont allow you to paste things from mod to mod.

So I could basically move everything but the VO's, and just have to reposition those?  

Depends. You will have to move some VO's that already exist in order to fit them into different stations (if any), and create the VO's that exist on the newer map but not the older one. Not an easy job due to how Em4 is as a game, but it can be done if you put enough time into it.

Moving VO's has the effect of screwing up the vehicle's ability to park there so you will have a lotta trial and error when dealing with that.

3 hours ago, itchboy said:

Depends. You will have to move some VO's that already exist in order to fit them into different stations (if any), and create the VO's that exist on the newer map but not the older one. Not an easy job due to how Em4 is as a game, but it can be done if you put enough time into it.

Moving VO's has the effect of screwing up the vehicle's ability to park there so you will have a lotta trial and error when dealing with that.

Alright, so as far as the things I would need to move from one folder to another and replace, what are they?

Thank you for the in-depth and useful responses by the way!  I really appreciate everything you've done for the EM4 community.

For swapping maps, I dont think there is any need to copy paste anything, unless:

• The newer map has newer assets, buildings, vehicles
  • The newer version of the mod has scripts that need to be accommodated in

If either are true, you need to copy paste the newer files and put them over or alongside the older ones, so that the older map gains any functionalities added into the new version. You will need to check a lot of things if any were changed, modified, etc.

1 hour ago, itchboy said:

For swapping maps, I dont think there is any need to copy paste anything, unless:

• The newer map has newer assets, buildings, vehicles
  • The newer version of the mod has scripts that need to be accommodated in

If either are true, you need to copy paste the newer files and put them over or alongside the older ones, so that the older map gains any functionalities added into the new version. You will need to check a lot of things if any were changed, modified, etc.

Got it, thanks for your help!