Shadylasse

Transparent windows on building model

Hello everyone.

Lately I've been working on a fire station model, and it's just about done.  The windows for the model are transparent - yet I've got quite a bit of an issue:

The windows are fully transparent to the model itself (I worked this around by deleting the material and importing the model by new) - yet you won't be able to see persons, furniture - or even the floor - through the windows ingame. In some angles.

issuedocumentationr7o5b.png

Picture 1 and 2 shows from the inside and out - Picture 3 and 4 shows from the outside and in. As you can see, the fireman is visible in some angles, but not in others. The fireman resembles objects in general. It's an issue, as the floor itself will be gone, and that ruins the entire purpose.

I hope one of you will be able to help me. I'll be sure to update this post of the thread with the solution, if we'll come to one. That way others with the same problem hopefully wont have to search long.*

* There is no solution. However you're left with (in my perspective) two alternatives:
- Removing the windows entirely
- Make the window texture non-transparent (as vehicle windows)

Kind regards

Lasse

Its an Em4 thing that cant be fixed. Objects viewed through transparency are inconsistent and dont display correctly all the time.

Once you can get any object to show up correctly on either side of the glass (at least once in a while) thats the best you can hope for with Em4.