Station27

Problems Uninstalling Mod

Hello all,

I recently decided that I wanted a change of scenery and decided to remove one of the mods I regularly play. I used mod installer to remove Manhattan Modification (2016 Update) which ran its uninstall and stated it was successful. When i load the game the mod still shows as an option for mods. The mod is not present in my mods folder and the mod-installer does not show the mod as being installed. I'm not sure where to go from here.

Quite often these types of issues arise when the modification authors essentially are not just installing a mod, but also altering your game's "core" files for whatever purpose they've needed to do so (often GUI elements).  The cost of this is that when you attempt to uninstall, if they overwrote the original files (which most the time they do) they generally don't keep a back-up somewhere of the original files to place them back.  Thus, when you run an "uninstaller" or manually delete their mod folder from your game, portions of their mod still exists because it's now part of your core game.  I am against modding people's core game without explicitly warning them to make a backup of the files you're changing BEFORE you're changing them, but most people don't even think about it to be honest.