dbeehler

Greeley County Modification (slowish WIP)

Topic moved by request.

Is this a submod of any kind? Will it rely heavilly on either LA, Montana or Mayberry mod?

As to the old vehicles theme, general guidline is that common passenger vehicles (cop cars, chief rigs and similar) get scrapped 15 years old or 300k miles maximum.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, itchboy said:

Topic moved by request.

Is this a submod of any kind? Will it rely heavilly on either LA, Montana or Mayberry mod?

As to the old vehicles theme, general guidline is that common passenger vehicles (cop cars, chief rigs and similar) get scrapped 15 years old or 300k miles maximum.

That depends, I know a few fire depts still driving late 1990s F-250s. A lot of smaller poor Fire dept don't spend money on there support vehicles and care more for engines and tankers so they can lower their ISO. 

23 minutes ago, Rlizard said:

That depends, I know a few fire depts still driving late 1990s F-250s. A lot of smaller poor Fire dept don't spend money on there support vehicles and care more for engines and tankers so they can lower their ISO. 

My statement is aimed more as a general rule for larger depts, like NY or LA. Most of their older, 10+ year old stuff gets put into reserve duty or put in divisions that do less essential stuff (mail carrier, presscon vehicle) or end up as training vehicles that they bash around.

Smaller towns tend to have older stuff for fire depts, esp VFD ones. PD tend to change vehicles at a higher rate due to the abuse they put cop cars through. Curbs, bulletholes and impacts.

In order to avoid going off topic, my take on it regarding Em4 is to have a mix of old and new vehicles if the intention is to replicate a 2016 setting. Another advice is that older vehicles are harder to find good references for so thats another thing to consider when making them.

7 hours ago, itchboy said:

Topic moved by request.

im not exactly sure yet. The map isnt, but still not sure about the units. do you need to know like now?

1 hour ago, dbeehler said:

im not exactly sure yet. The map isnt, but still not sure about the units. do you need to know like now?

No rush. I need this info just so I know whether this belongs in the main conceptual mods page or in the WIP section.

Some info: The main thing we look out for regarding submods is whether they are just LA/Mayberry/Montana mod but with reskinned vehicles. If it has major deviation from those mods, it can exist as its own mod. Submods are mods that contain a minimum of 60% of other people's content. Once you hit 40% of your own content, it becomes its own mod. There is no real fixed way of measuring that, so the standard is one or two new models (either model mashes or totally new content) or creation of new scripts. Aspects like new maps also help contribute to the 'own content' percentage.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, itchboy said:

No rush. I need this info just so I know whether this belongs in the main conceptual mods page or in the WIP section.

Some info: The main thing we look out for regarding submods is whether they are just LA/Mayberry/Montana mod but with reskinned vehicles. If it has major deviation from those mods, it can exist as its own mod. Submods are mods that contain a minimum of 60% of other people's content. Once you hit 40% of your own content, it becomes its own mod. There is no real fixed way of measuring that, so the standard is one or two new models (either model mashes or totally new content) or creation of new scripts. Aspects like new maps also help contribute to the 'own content' percentage.

ok. i will be getting some more models in the game tonight. im looking at other mods for some insight. i already have one "custom" model. sooo

So been thinking about the units and stations. soooo

Station 1: 3 bay

Chief 1

Engine 1

Ladder 1

(special unit) possible air unit as SCBA refill and such

Station 2:  Single bay 

ALS Engine 2

Station 3: 2 bay station

Engine 3

tanker / pumper 3

Station 4:

Engine / Pumper 4

chief 2

some brush units. it will be the most rural station.

I will not be able to really get on my computer till Sunday, so you know how that goes! i am skinning engine 1 as I type this.

The model is by rafaell

Skin by me

these are zmodeler shots, and skin is NOT complete at this time

a211137c612f14cc36793f4540bcc365.png

d1c71cd416d68d11b8d71b4aa554c0e0.png

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, dbeehler said:

So been thinking about the units and stations. soooo

Station 1: 3 bay

Chief 1

Engine 1

Ladder 1

(special unit) possible air unit as SCBA refill and such

Station 2:  Single bay 

ALS Engine 2

Station 3: 2 bay station

Engine 3

tanker / pumper 3

Station 4:

Engine / Pumper 4

chief 2

some brush units. it will be the most rural station.

I will not be able to really get on my computer till Sunday, so you know how that goes! i am skinning engine 1 as I type this.

Solid list, I personally would cut the 2nd station and move chief 2 to station 3.

Then make station 4 just wild-land stuff so 2 type 6s or 1 type 3 and make engine 4 just a wild-land tanker or mini-pumper.

I would also make a rescue unit and probably put in at station 1. 

As a small dept (Which I assume this is) this is a lot of equipment for instance. A city near me has 87 square miles to protect and a population of 45,000. They only have 3 engines companies,1 rescue and 1 ladder! 

NOTE: This is purely my opinion and I enjoy mods with realistic units. So you can take my opinion how ever you want. 

Any idea on what Chief 1 going to drive?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Rlizard said:

Solid list, I personally would cut the 2nd station and move chief 2 to station 3.

Then make station 4 just wild-land stuff so 2 type 6s or 1 type 3 and make engine 4 just a wild-land tanker or mini-pumper.

I would also make a rescue unit and probably put in at station 1. 

As a small dept (Which I assume this is) this is a lot of equipment for instance. A city near me has 87 square miles to protect and a population of 45,000. They only have 3 engines companies and 1 rescue! 

NOTE: This is purely my opinion and I enjoy mods with realistic units. So you can take my opinion how ever you want. 

Any idea on what Chief 1 going to drive?

secret as of now. im working on my own model. thats all im saying about chief 1.  

as for the units I might make the actual map only have 2-3 stations, and make all other units off map or county fire units.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, dbeehler said:

secret as of now. im working on my own model. thats all im saying about chief 1.  

as for the units I might make the actual map only have 2-3 stations, and make all other units off map or county fire units.

That works 2 actual fire stations and 1 for wild-land. Where you going to change the units up a little then?

I dont want you to think Im a dick I just like mods with some realism because it creates more of a challenge. 

Is the PD going to be from the city or sheriff's office?

• Upvote 1

the units for the most part would be the same for FD

Station one would have an engine ladder and chief

Station 2 would have an engine and small rescue maybe more

and station 3 would be the wildland so pumpers, and brush units

PD will have 1 or 2 city cars and the rest will be sheriff.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, dbeehler said:

the units for the most part would be the same for FD

Station one would have an engine ladder and chief

Station 2 would have an engine and small rescue maybe more

and station 3 would be the wildland so pumpers, and brush units

PD will have 1 or 2 city cars and the rest will be sheriff.

Thats way better in the realism aspect! I Assume chief 2 would be in station 2? 

PD, realistically should be in charge of patrol (Sheriff still could do bomb squad, SWAT/HRT, etc)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dbeehler said:

yeah chief 2 will be in station 2. 

If i can get the volunteer script to work Station 3 will be volunteer.

If you cant you can have say 4 FF/EMT spawn in and that's there shift crew (some Vol FD make you take shifts) then if you can put them in trucks they need to go into for a fire. 

example brush fire they can run 2 bush trucks. Structure fire they hop in the engine etc.

Also if this is a VOL Fd give them like a 2500 (ford,Chevy, dodge) truck so they can use it as a support truck/command. (I cant name 1 Vol FD that doesn't have one of these)

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, dbeehler said:

Well im on my phone so this is goimg tl be short and easy (and full of gramar mistakes). I am in the middle of modeling a new chief car. It will more tham likely replace the jeep. Ill post pictures of it tomorrow. Night yall.

Well the Jeep is chief 2. So does that mean your scraping a command car?

33 minutes ago, dbeehler said:

i have a good idea for the ladder unit. seen in another mod. I will see what i can do with it tonight and show pictures of how it goes

Sounds promising, I look forward to looking at the new ladder. 

30 minutes ago, Rlizard said:

Well the Jeep is chief 2. So does that mean your scraping a command car?

Sounds promising, I look forward to looking at the new ladder. 

yes new chief car for chief 2. ill tell you what it is tongith along with EARLY screenshots of the model. its my first model ever, but i think its going good.

59 minutes ago, dbeehler said:

yes new chief car for chief 2. ill tell you what it is tongith along with EARLY screenshots of the model. its my first model ever, but i think its going good.

Will chief 1 get the car as well? Or would he get something else.

1 hour ago, Rlizard said:

Is this mod still being set in 2016? I can understand the ladder being from the 1980s, but I think the command cars are still somewhat old.

Just remember the suburban is 2 FT longer then the Tahoe so be sure the rear door isn't under the wheel well.

This was modeled over a suburban, so the sides should be long enough, and accurate

I am making a decision about the mod at this time. No more custon models at this time (besides the ladder) im dont want to model the suburban. Im spending 90℅ of my time modeling it. And i could be doing other productive things. Im not getting anywhere with the model right now. Until i get a playable mod i will be using other peoples models until i get a playable mod.

• Upvote 1