dbeehler

Greeley County Modification (slowish WIP)

Some background on Brightmoor, and Greeley County: This is a fictional town set in North Dakota. The town is located in a forestry area with some lakes. The town is small; it has one main residential, and two business district type places. The town has a major tourist attraction, Golfing! The patrons and tourists alike love to golf, and the town was founded on it.

Greeley county mod is being made by me.  The map used is the "WesternNY" map. The town "birghtmoor" will have 4-5 stations based on forestry, and small town apparatus. The map is around 15% done, and that is only the buildings of now. Texturing has started on the vehicles. 

Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/Greeley-County-Modification-2146755712267189/

• Upvote 1

Here are some screen shots. (everything pictured could be subject to change)

Chief 2 is pictured. A Jeep Cherokee. Very early WIP put the skin together for the picture, will be changing.

Some shots from around the map, that are good right now. There is a campground on the west side of the country. The hospital is smack dab in the middle of town. The last picture shows the small downtown/industrial area of the town.

20161002170917_1.jpg

20161002170925_1.jpg

20161002170927_1.jpg

20161002170933_1.jpg

20161002170949_1.jpg

20161002171012_1.jpg

20161002171045_1.jpg

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Rlizard said:

What time period is this mod suppose to be set in? Because that jeep is 15 years old at the minimum.

overall the map looks nice you probably should have taken the pictures at the day time. 

yeah, im working on the map tomorrow. This isnt supposed to be "old" , but a small rural town without alot of money to purchase the big new shiny apparatus 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, dbeehler said:

yeah, im working on the map tomorrow. This isnt supposed to be "old" , but a small rural town without alot of money to purchase the big new shiny apparatus 

That came out wrong. The volunteer dept I work for still has an 1982 Mac still in service. What I was saying is that from what I have seen command vehicles get switched out every couple of years. but since it is the assistant chief truck I guess it makes sense the chief probably passed it down to him. Anyways I look forward to the updates.

Do you have a list of units you plan on added yet? 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Rlizard said:

That came out wrong. The volunteer dept I work for still has an 1982 Mac still in service. What I was saying is that from what I have seen command vehicles get switched out every couple of years. but since it is the assistant chief truck I guess it makes sense the chief probably passed it down to him. Anyways I look forward to the updates.

Do you have a list of units you plan on added yet? 

Not exactly. There will be adleast 4 stations. So 4 engines, 1 - 2 ladders, brush units, so on. Ill think on this tomorrow and get back to you. Also with more pics and map updates

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, dbeehler said:

Not exactly. There will be adleast 4 stations. So 4 engines, 1 - 2 ladders, brush units, so on. Ill think on this tomorrow and get back to you. Also with more pics and map updates

I look forward to it! Oh and since your thinking  I'm going to throw out using Tahoes as your PD unit unless you aready have one/one in mind. 

OK. so no map making today. I spent a good hour or two finding out basic lighting, and everything to do with that. The biggest highlight of today is Chief 2, i did early lighting, and a new skin! all units will follow the skin pattern (again, might change. probably not.). Ill show some more pics of the map that you haven't seen yet. I might be out of town in the next coming days, so progress might be stopped until i get back!

PS: check first post, i updated some small information

20161003184547_1.jpg

20161003184552_1.jpg

20161003183900_1.jpg

20161003183907_1.jpg

20161003183911_1.jpg

20161003184303_1.jpg

20161003184146_1.jpg

20161003184235_1.jpg

20161003184248_1.jpg

20161003184257_1.jpg

3 minutes ago, dbeehler said:

no I havent. I got home and started ligthing the jeep. took all my time, but experience is key!

definitely! 

Your not wrong! You really only have to figure out how you are going to set up the depts. 

example

fire dept 1 likes big engines, so they have engine companies and big rescues along with ladders, and type 3 wild fire apparatuses. 

fire dept 2 likes smaller trucks so they have mini-pumpers and some engines, smaller F-550 resuce trucks and type 6 wildfire apparatuses. 

yes. I am no longer able to get on my computer, i will think about that the next time.

I know that one station is going to be volunteer, so older rigs. the jeep, and probably the engine from mayberry (old squad). it will probably also have the squad from montana (the old one that sits in the back). that will be station 3 or 4.

Station 1 will have an engine and a ladder plus chief.

station 5 is going to have engine 5, and small rescue. 

Station 4 will be a single bay located in the residential that will have a rescue engine or ALS engine.

those are just rough estaments

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Rlizard said:

Your not wrong! You really only have to figure out how you are going to set up the depts. 

example

fire dept 1 likes big engines, so they have engine companies and big rescues along with ladders, and type 3 wild fire apparatuses. 

fire dept 2 likes smaller trucks so they have mini-pumpers and some engines, smaller F-550 resuce trucks and type 6 wildfire apparatuses. 

read above. also there are going to be off map units. There will be the "Brightmoor Fire Department" and the "Greeley County Fire Department"

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dbeehler said:

yes. I am no longer able to get on my computer, i will think about that the next time.

I know that one station is going to be volunteer, so older rigs. the jeep, and probably the engine from mayberry (old squad). it will probably also have the squad from montana (the old one that sits in the back). that will be station 3 or 4.

Station 1 will have an engine and a ladder plus chief.

station 5 is going to have engine 5, and small rescue. 

Station 4 will be a single bay located in the residential that will have a rescue engine or ALS engine.

those are just rough estaments

It sounds solid, I assume the the rescues will carry the extrication equipment. I would suggest just making the volunteer station it's own FD and the other on map stations as a paid dept of their own. You haven't listed any EMS so you could have the 4 stations and then 1-2 EMS stations making them either contracted EMS, city or county EMS services. 

• Upvote 1

yes. the next things i will do is get a station map done for you guys. The way i MIGHT do it is to have a contracted EMS (AMR, MEDIC) or whatever have a station at the hospital and that would be ALS. the county could handle BLS.

2 minutes ago, Rlizard said:

It sounds solid, I assume the the rescues will carry the extrication equipment. I would suggest just making the volunteer station it's own FD and the other on map stations as a paid dept of their own. You haven't listed any EMS so you could have the 4 stations and then 1-2 EMS stations making them either contracted EMS, city or county EMS services. 

1 minute ago, dbeehler said:

yes. the next things i will do is get a station map done for you guys. The way i MIGHT do it is to have a contracted EMS (AMR, MEDIC) or whatever have a station at the hospital and that would be ALS. the county could handle BLS.

Yeah or you could have the fire dept stabilize with als squads or engines and have EMS just transport. 

If this is more of a rural area shouldn't there be some wild land apparatuses?

this is a rather large dept for a small town. (Just an opinion)  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Rlizard said:

Yeah or you could have the fire dept stabilize with als squads or engines and have EMS just transport. 

If this is more of a rural area shouldn't there be some wild land apparatuses?

this is a rather large dept for a small town. (Just an opinion)  

yes it is, these are all ideas though. the next time i get time to look at the mod i will get more of a list, and station locations for everyone

55 minutes ago, dbeehler said:

yes it is, these are all ideas though. the next time i get time to look at the mod i will get more of a list, and station locations for everyone

Well im going to give a suggestion 

volunteer fire dept 

Chief  (that jeep)

engine/min-pumper (newer engine or mini pumper taken right out of mayberry)

engine 1 (old engine for Mayberry)

Brush 1 (Montana mod dodge) 

paid FD 

station 1 

chief 1 (Mantana mod chief)

Ladder 1 (if you want I believe ladder trucks in the game are useless but some people believe a FD can't be without one)  

engine 1 ( Mayberry enigne)

rescue 1  (rescue from north-view?) als 

Station 2

chief 2 (chief 2 from Mayberry or chevy suburban)  

engine 2 (Mayberry engine)

sqaud 2 (pickup or large SUV with 1-2 paramedics used for medic calls) ALS

station 3 used for forest fires (possiblely county fire dept)

brush 3 (Mayberry brush)

brush 31 (Mayberry mod USFS type 3) 

tanker 3 (Mayberry tanker )

EMS country EMS 

supervisor1 (large SUV) has a supervisor and medic 

Medic 1: bls

medic 2: bls

This is purely based on a "larger" dept I believe you could cut this list in half and be fine.

Thanks. Ill take this into consideratiom

51 minutes ago, Rlizard said:

Well im going to give a suggestion 

volunteer fire dept 

Chief  (that jeep)

engine/min-pumper (newer engine or mini pumper taken right out of mayberry)

engine 1 (old engine for Mayberry)

Brush 1 (Montana mod dodge) 

paid FD 

station 1 

chief 1 (Mantana mod chief)

Ladder 1 (if you want I believe ladder trucks in the game are useless but some people believe a FD can't be without one)  

engine 1 ( Mayberry enigne)

rescue 1  (rescue from north-view?) als 

Station 2

chief 2 (chief 2 from Mayberry or chevy suburban)  

engine 2 (Mayberry engine)

sqaud 2 (pickup or large SUV with 1-2 paramedics used for medic calls) ALS

station 3 used for forest fires (possiblely county fire dept)

brush 3 (Mayberry brush)

brush 31 (Mayberry mod USFS type 3) 

tanker 3 (Mayberry tanker )

EMS country EMS 

supervisor1 (large SUV) has a supervisor and medic 

Medic 1: bls

medic 2: bls

This is purely based on a "larger" dept I believe you could cut this list in half and be fine.

Ill get that map out tomorrow with a semi complete unit list