nbrown8568

PC Upgrade

Hey guys, I was kinda thinking about upgrading a desktop PC that I got a while back. As is it is very slow, and the hard drive is only 80GB. Memory is also falls short. I'm not even gonna mention the graphics here are my specs:

I would like to hear your opinions on these Graphics cards, Dell is recommending several.Norm,

Dell Optiplex Specs.txt

Radeon 6350 SFF 1GB DDR3 (DVI-I, HDMI, VGA).txt

PNY GeForce VERTO GT 710 - Graphics card - GF GT 710 - 2 GB DDR3 - PCIe 2.0 x8 low profile - DVI, D-Sub, HDMI - black.txt

7 hours ago, RangerDog said:

The PNY Geforce, But you have to make sure your motherboard etc. Can handle it.

What PC do you have now?

+ Whats your budget?

Right now it's just a stock Dell OptiPlex. I'm gonna get a larger HDD, add more memory, and get another graphics card. Dell recommended the PNY on their site.

Norm, 

Right now it's just a stock Dell OptiPlex. I'm gonna get a larger HDD, add more memory, and get another graphics card. Dell recommended the PNY on their site.

Norm, 

I would swap the old disk drive out for a solid state, at least 240gb, and then supplement it with a 7200rpm multi terabyte disk drive if the budget allows.

Bonus: spend $15 on an HDD enclosure and turn that old 80gb into a portable HDD.

For your graphics just be sure to look at what slots you have vs what you need. Also consider how long the card is, I've pulled the HDD cage out of several cases just to make room for a card that was too long, then you have to spend more money buying 5.25 to 3.5 adapters.

If your CPU can only do so much then get a graphics card to match, otherwise you'll be crawling back to Newegg looking for a new CPU and MoBo. Basically consider what you want to do with this PC before you pull the trigger on parts.

I would recommend looking at PCPartPicker.com, it will let you know how much power you'll need and it shops around for you.

PM me if you have any questions, I've been building PCs for years now (lots of custom PCs from old gov't surplus machines for friends new to PC gaming, it's the cheapest way to go).

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, CMCC626 said:

I would swap the old disk drive out for a solid state, at least 240gb, and then supplement it with a 7200rpm multi terabyte disk drive if the budget allows.

Bonus: spend $15 on an HDD enclosure and turn that old 80gb into a portable HDD.

For your graphics just be sure to look at what slots you have vs what you need. Also consider how long the card is, I've pulled the HDD cage out of several cases just to make room for a card that was too long, then you have to spend more money buying 5.25 to 3.5 adapters.

If your CPU can only do so much then get a graphics card to match, otherwise you'll be crawling back to Newegg looking for a new CPU and MoBo. Basically consider what you want to do with this PC before you pull the trigger on parts.

I would recommend looking at PCPartPicker.com, it will let you know how much power you'll need and it shops around for you.

PM me if you have any questions, I've been building PCs for years now (lots of custom PCs from old gov't surplus machines for friends new to PC gaming, it's the cheapest way to go).

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

About how much do you sell your gaming rigs for, if you don't mind me asking?

Norm,

No problem asking, I don't typically build them to sell them, rather I generally make them for friends and they cover the cost of parts. So they buy the parts, I put it together, really just helping friends who have no clue how to assemble and set up computers. For instance I'll get their OS going, drivers loaded etc after installing all the hardware so they don't have to worry about it. 

If you want to PM me your budget and the CPU/MoBo/Power Supply configuration of what you already have I'd be more than happy to send you a recommendation on parts to buy.