boyscoutews

Split Water Mod-WIP-Private

Welcome to Split Water, A very large city, with a growing fire department.

Split Water Fire Department 91 is a large department. We consist of 

ATR=Advance Technical Rescue
USAR= Urban Search and Rescue
M.I.C.U.=Mobile Intensive Care Unit
Rescue EMS= Heavy Rescue/Ambulance
Service="Air Truck"
Squad/QRS=Quick Response Service
Green=Finished
Red= Not Started

Station 91-1
Engine 91-3
Engine 91-5
-
due for a replacement- Looking into a Pierce Impel, KME, Kenworth, or Internatonal

Station 91-2
Engine 91-2-
due for a replacement- Looking into a Pierce Impel, KME, Kenworth, or Internatonal
Ladder 91-3
Brush 91

Station 91-3
Engine 91-4
Ladder 91-4

Station 91-4
Rescue 91- Due For Replacement- Looking into a Pierce Quantum,Pierce Impel,KME,Seagrave,Spartan,Farrara,
ATR 91
Utility 91

Station 91-5
Chief 91-Due For a Replacement- Looking into Dodge Charger, Ford Excursion, Ford Explorer,Ford F350, Chevy Silverado
Ladder 91-2
Engine 91-6
Service 91
EMS Chief 91

Station 91-HQ
Engine 91-1
Engine 91-7
Ladder 91-1
-Due For Replacement-Looking Into Seagrave Tower,Pierce Impel Tower,KME Tower, Seagrave Tiller, Pierce Impel Tiller
Hazmat Support 91
Hazmat 91

Crane 91
USAR 91

EMS Station 91-1
Squad/QRS 91-2
Rescue EMS 91
Ambulance 91-1

EMS Station 91-2
M.I.C.U. 91-4
Ambulance 91-2

EMS Station 91-3
M.I.C.U. 91-3
Ambulance 91-3

EMS Station 91-4
MCU 91
M.I.C.U. 91-2

EMS Station 91-5
Squad/QRS 91-1
Ambulance 91-4

EMS Station Hospital
Life Flight
Life Flight Ground

AMR Station
AMR

Red Cross Station
Red Cross 1
Red Cross 2

Police
Patrol 1
Patrol 2
Patrol 3
Patrol 4

Patrol 5
Patrol 6
Patrol Supervisor 
Under Cover
PSP 1
PSP 2
PSP 3
PSP 4
PSP 5
PSP 6
PSP 7
PSP Incident Command Unit
PSP SWAT Command
PSP SWAT
PSP Bomb

TEC
DOT
Electric Company
Water Company
Sanford's Heavy Rescue Crane
Sanford's Heavy Wrecker 

This is a fictional town, I plan to make some very cool stuff, but not everything is started or finished. I will give updates to it on a weekly basis, if not every couple of days. 

You might want to decide what stations (if any) will be on map. 11 FF/EMS stations is a lot. 

On the PD side of things you could go 2 routes. 

1. Just have a handful of base cars (think LA mod) with no unique numbering etc. 

2. Have unique numbering on cars. Then you'd have to decide how many cars on map. Usually it's 4 (patrol cars) but if you wanted to make it more realistic add 6-10 depending on the map size.

Good luck I look forward to the updates. 

Some advice regarding multiple unit numbers. Most people tend to just slap a different number and call it a day. Having 5 identical Taurus cruisers with the same exact equipment gets really boring and makes each unit feel like a clone of the other. Sometimes though, vehicles in a fleet have mild differences between them despite being 'identical'. Example here:

maxresdefault.jpg

This one has two bumper mounted speakers.

MNLA_FilePhotos_OfficialsLAXUSC_0037.jpg

On the opposite end, this one has speakers inside the bumper. It also has an unkown object on the left grill. The airhorn is also positioned more to the right.

For the purposes of Em4, try making one instance of each vehicle. On a police side, a decent sampling could be like this:

• Taurus cruiser
  • Taurus cruiser w rambar
  • Taurus cruiser supervisor
  • 11 CVPI with LED bar
  • 06 CVPI with older lightbar

Adding tiny differences with each vehicle adds a nice touch that gives each vehicle its own unique 'identity'. It also helps with realism.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, itchboy said:

Some advice regarding multiple unit numbers. Most people tend to just slap a different number and call it a day. Having 5 identical Taurus cruisers with the same exact equipment gets really boring and makes each unit feel like a clone of the other. Sometimes though, vehicles in a fleet have mild differences between them despite being 'identical'. Example here:

This one has two bumper mounted speakers.

On the opposite end, this one has speakers inside the bumper. It also has an unkown object on the left grill. The airhorn is also positioned more to the right.

For the purposes of Em4, try making one instance of each vehicle. On a police side, a decent sampling could be like this:

• Taurus cruiser
  • Taurus cruiser w rambar
  • Taurus cruiser supervisor
  • 11 CVPI with LED bar
  • 06 CVPI with older lightbar

Adding tiny differences with each vehicle adds a nice touch that gives each vehicle its own unique 'identity'. It also helps with realism.

Thanks for the Advice, This is a base on Boston, so the police has a very wide range of units, for police. I will look into what I can do, Maybe not have 2 of the same thing?

You can try doing subtle things. Not just with the model but even with textures, lights, sirens, vehicle speeds.

Lets start with an example of 2 identical CVPI's. You can give one of them has bars over the rear window, while the other one does not.

53b20bb5ab6295c514f92bc98abd3ef9.jpg

You can also do some interesting things like giving one unit a rambar, but with no ELS on it. The other one will have ELS on it. You can also give one mirror ELS, the other none. Another aspect is antennas, giving one an older type for example. One has the long antenna, another has the 'round' embedded one. Spotlights as well can be changed up. Some units have two, some have one, some have none. Keep it within reason though. 4 of them have spotlights, one does not.

If you cant edit/modify models, you can resort to using editor work. One CVPI for example has a certain light pattern, the second one has another. Note that it wont be feasable making 5 different light patterns for each vehicle. Instead, try to divide it. 3 have this pattern, 2 have another.

On the siren aspect, you can mix it up. Give those 3 cruisers a FS SmartSiren for ex, the others get an older FS siren.