JTrane

Clear Graphics

16 hours ago, JTrane said:

See, that is what I did...But the game still is fuzzy and then it goes to the upper right of the screen

to the upper right of the screen? you mean you can only see the upper right of the screen? I believe that's a bug, you have to manually change the graphics in a file, I'll try to find a tutorial on that for you.

And for the fuzzy, well, the game is really old, the only real thing you can do is get a graphics card that is better optimized for the game.

3 hours ago, JTrane said:

lol.....Oh this is a very good graphics card....costed me a lil over $400....Let me know if ya do find that tutorial.....Thank you for the replies and help on this.....

haha! yeah, I know that the graphics can be a little frustrating, when I first got the game myself I spent several hours trying to fix a bug with the game's shadows. Anyways I'm still looking for that tutorial, it's around here somewhere, I'll find it eventually.

Go to your game file

Find em4.cfg

Open that in note pad

Ctrl + F 

Search r_yres

Change your yres to 1080

Your xres will be right to the left of that, change that too 1920

So when your done the whole thing should look like 

<var name="r_xres" value="1920" />
    <var name="r_yres" value="1080" />

Hope this helps!

2 hours ago, rocho33 said:

[snip]

<var name="r_xres" value="1920" />
    <var name="r_yres" value="1080" />

Hope this helps!

It probably should be mentioned that these values shouldn't exceed what your monitor supports, so for example, if your max resolution is 1366x768, xres should be 1366 and yres 768, otherwise it will not work in your favor. For some of us that would be obvious but I know for some it would NOT be obvious, so just wanted to throw that out there.

if you have multiple graphics cards and/or multiple settings within your card's software, some have "power saving" functions and things like that or multiple modes to run "regular" tasks at a much lower load than the hq you expect while gaming.  Check the graphics setting of your vid card it's self, sometimes it's possible to use it's software to "override" the default settings to force it to use higher settings than what the software wants (em4 is old so it wasnt built for most of the newer hq dedicated cards).

Radeon Software Version - 16.8.2
Radeon Software Edition - Crimson
Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon (TM) R9 390 Series
Memory Size - 8192 MB
Memory Type - GDDR5
Core Clock - 1060 MHz
Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)
System Memory - 16 GB
CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz

Did you try to use the catalyst control center to setup a "profile" for EM4 to override the game's settings?  Posting your computer specs really isnt helpful since it's a hardware's vs software issue you've got going on.  In your case from what you've said earlier I'd say that you've got to configure a custom profile and/or edit your config file to "force" the game to load how you need it to.

in the cfg file:
<var name="r_fullscreen" value="1" />
setting the resolution was quoted above.

In your computer settings, I don't use win10 so I cannot tell you how to do that explicitly.. Often times when a game is full-screened and does not "fit" the native resolution it will show black bars around the portion which doesnt fit the screen.  In your display properties (which varies by manuf on whether windows controls it, or the software for the video card) you have to set it up to force a non-native resolution to fit to the screen, usually by stretching it...  If you have a full 4k monitor for example the game operating at 640/480 is probably going to look blurry anyway when stretched to fill the whole screen.  It's an older game that wasnt meant to run at insanely high resolutions originally, but it can be forced to stretch to them it just won't look as pretty as games designed to do it.  My monitor is "widescreen" format so the game distorts if I run it in stretch to fit mode a bit.

What you could try doing as a test to ensure it's not just display settings or monitor resolution is to set your screen resolution to a res which the game is native to.  1024/768 for example and load the game in full-screen and see if it doesnt look so blurred.