Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to International Emergency & 911: First Responders Fan Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• MikeyPI

ATTN: Mod Creators:   01/23/2016

Please update the FIRST post of your topic to include important information about your mods and their progress. Since you follow your topics and respond to them (hopefully anyway) you know what people most commonly want to/need to know about your mod and it's current state/progress. If your information will not fit within the first post of the topic, please contact a staff member and we will make it so that you own the second/third (as-needed) posts are yours as well. Having the most important information in the first posts of the topic will hopefully reduce the repetitive questions asked by having the most important information related to a mod within the first post.
    • Stan

Maintenance update   02/07/2016

Dear community,   After three weeks of issues we moved our site to a new dedicated root server. We fixed a lot of bugs with this release. All downloads up to 1Gb filesize should be downloadable for everyone.   Encountering any kind of issues? Make a post in the website/forum support.   Regards, Stan
    • Stan

Paid Referral Links   02/10/2016

Hello,     From now on we will be disallowing any referral links on our site. This is not the place to earn money directly or indirectly. Anyone found sharing paid shortened links or referral links to earn money might lose his account.     Reason for this:     We are providing this service free of charge, putting our own free time in this and paying monthly fees on our own costs to keep this free service running. So why should anyone else make money from something they don’t pay to use?     So in short from now on we will be warning and banning users abusing or misusing referal links.     Regards,     Stan          
    • randomperson139

Signatures   03/03/2016

Hi everyone. It appears that the update to the new forum has affected the format of the majority of signatures (adding extra spaces, changing sizes etc.). Due to this, could everyone please check their own signature, ensuring that it complies with the site rules. See the http://www.emergency-planet.com/tos.html/ or http://www.emergency-planet.com/topic/16848-acceptable-signature-sizes/ for more information.  We'll give it a few weeks to give enough time to edit signatures, after that the unnecessarily large signatures will simply be removed. Thanks for your cooperation. Regards, EMP Staff.
CMCC626

Jackson County Fire [fictional] [ no download link]

111 posts in this topic

***This mod is in an early alpha stage; and is currently aimed to be a private mod as it may well be impossible to compile all of the necessary permissions at this point.***

##### THERE IS NO DOWNLOAD LINK AT THIS TIME. THERE IS NO RELEASE TIMEFRAME. THIS IS A PRIVATE MOD #####

Plot:

Somewhere in the middle of the United States is the fictitious Jackson County Fire Department, which operates out of ten stations. You have recently taken a command position at Station 10, an outlying station that protects mostly apartments near the intersection of two large thoroughfares. Command your forces wisely as resources are limited, hydrants are few and far between and fires grow fast due to recent droughts. Medical response is provided by American Medical Response, which has held an exclusive county-wide sole-provider EMS contract for several years now; they feel that the county can be protected with 6-8 EMS units, bear in mind that they are still dispatched by the county's 911 system. The Jackson County Sheriff's Office is available to assist you on calls, but they staff only a few cars in this part of the county. It's not the busiest station in the county, but there is the potential for major disaster due to poor water supply and long response times by neighboring stations.

Resources:

Station 1: Engine 1, Ladder 1, Chief 1

Station 2: Engine 2, Ladder 2, Chief 2

Station 3: Engine 3, Unkown Unit

Station 4: Engine 4, Unknown Unit

Station 5: Engine 5, Ladder 5, Chief 5

Station 6: Engine 6, Unknown Unit

Station 7: Engine 7, Tanker 7

Station 8: Engine 8, Tanker 8

Station 9: Engine 9, Tanker 9

Station 10: Engine 10,  Ladder 10, Chief 10

Police: Car 1, Car 2, Car 3, Car 4, Bomb Squad

EMS: AMR511, AMR512, AMR513, AMR521, AMR522, AMR531, AMR532, AMR541 (Unit # will change, or not)

* Green = DONE

* Red = IN PROGRESS

*Orange = SORTA WORKS

* Bold = STARTS ON MAP

Progress:

Currently, most of the units are done, though I plan on diversifying the models a bit as many of the engines are the same just with their own lettering/numbering.

The police side of the mod is really lacking right now, I hope to bolster it in the coming weeks.

Tankers have yet to be implemented, though the base scripting framework is in place.

The to-station functionality is broken, this should be fixed by the end of the weekend. 

Units can be requested by the chief on a per station basis, this script is fully functional. There needs to be a Call EMS function added, and a Call Police function.

EMS is pulled straight from Northview: South County, thus needs to be redone a little to fit this mod (ie: not feel so copied).

The mod still has the feel of LA Mod and Mayberry Mod, maybe change some parameters to get a slightly different play style.

Screens:

See further posts.

Credits & Thanks To:

Models and scripts: HOPPAH, THVFD, itchboy, The Loot, Dyson, MickeyPI, Bama1234, GoKa, a-rescue, GrisuStefan, Ghost Graphic Designs, Reaper, Janjua, EA Games, Ubisoft, Turn10 Studios, Sixteen Tons, Deep Silver, Rockstar Games, Chris07, losangelesi, merritt_long, killerik, Mathew, Frekinmusket, Helljumper, Montana Mod team, goog12, CMCC626/SOCOM626

Note: This mod is a currently a remake of the Mayberry Mod, with conceptual tweaks, reskins, new models and reworked scripts.

Attention:  This section is meant to acknowledge that much of this mod comes from other community members. Above is as complete of a list as the author of this thread can manage based on the credits of the mods that this mod itself is based on. If at some point it becomes apparent that I have missed someone or a group of people, please alert me via PM so I can give proper credit where it is due. This is a blanket statement intended to cover any following posts (including but not limited to images, script snippets, and general remarks) made by CMCC626 under this thread only; posts made by other members are not covered by this statement. Any files featured or represented in this thread were collected from publicly released mods as credited above or created by the author of this thread.  It is not the intention of the author of this thread to plagiarize the work of other community members; if a community member does not like the manner in which their work is shown the should PM the author of this thread to have the representation or depiction of their work removed. If an original content creator would like their work individually credited throughout the thread they should PM me so I can be sure to comply with their requests. This mod is not currently seeking to be released, if this changes in the future I will make every reasonable attempt to contact the respective creators of the featured content for permission for use; if unable to contact the original creators then the work will be featured with crediting in accordance to community standards.

This mod is being created as a form of flattery and respect to the original content creators, this should be seen as a way of saying thanks. This forum thread and corresponding mod is meerly meant to highlight the different ways that the original content can be used, it is not meant to steal, plagarize or discredit the original work. Any questions or concerns from the original content creators should be directed to CMCC626 via the Private Message function of this forum board.

Edited by CMCC626
Changed vehicle list.

I think a reskin is fine to release according to the mayberry team

I thought that was the case, I think part of the problem is that this mod contains other things that aren't from Mayberry, which is where tracking down the right people and getting permissions would come in, thanks for the info though.

Two separate structure fires going at the same time, had all but Engine 8 on scene . Medical calls and PD calls continued to drop while the fires were going. 

E10, L10, S10, C10 first out with flames coming from the A-B corner of the structure, called Station 2 and Station 3 to the scene. Flames extended to rear of the structure, E3, E4, E6, E7 added to the response. PD was requested for traffic control.

E9 and AMR511 handled 2 medicals, then E3, E4, E6 & E9 responded first due to a second structure fire, E5, L5 added to the call. E3, E4 & E6 were cleared from the first fire to respond to the second fire. Second fire was quickly tapped out, L5, E5, E9 returned to quarters, E3, E4, E6 responded back to first fire for man power.

20160818142207_1.jpg

20160818142308_1.jpg

20160818143302_1.jpg

20160818143306_1.jpg

20160818143316_1.jpg

20160818143415_1.jpg

20160818143504_1.jpg

20160818144022_1.jpg

20160818144201_1.jpg

20160818144903_1.jpg

20160818144908_1.jpg

20160818144929_1.jpg

20160818144930_1.jpg

20160818144940_1.jpg

20160818144950_1.jpg

The light bar on the impel looks a bit small but other than that it looks good

9 hours ago, willowfork fire capt said:

The light bar on the impel looks a bit small but other than that it looks good

Yeah, I will probably change it, I have a better one buried away somewhere...

Thanks for the input!

8 hours ago, StevenEhlert2 said:

looking good!

Thanks!

The unit deployment script is now set up as such that the further away each station is (with station 1 being the furthest and station 9 being the closest) the longer it will take for those units to be deployed after being requested by the chief officer. Each station has its own tones that play when they are dispatched by the chief, I am considering putting in a small dispatch center to play up this aspect of the mod. I would like to also include some speech audio following the tones, though I am not sure if I want to have someone voice act it or go with a text-to-speech approach like some of the newer station alerting systems (listen to Seattle Fire or Houston Fire on a scanner app if you don't know what I am talking about).

Also, I have changed up station 10 so that it now houses AMR511, Engine 10, Ladder 10 and Chief 10. I think I am going to do away with the squad completely as the only real purpose it serves is to provide extrication, which in most departments this is often the role of the engine company. So far I am liking the new station set up.

PD has new skins by ThatOnelowan and I have added 2 more units, they are set up to patrol their own sectors of the map.

Map changes have been made to try to make the apartment sectors look less European, I have added apartments that have an older American feel (like '70s housing projects...), and they also look fairly low income (so I also added loiterers, some criminals, prostitutes, annoying kids from the block, etc). More screens to come soon hopefully.

And if you want to help out in anyway shoot me a PM.

Will that be in game? This mod looks amazing so far. Will there be a new map?

6 hours ago, Firebuff319 said:

Will that be in game? This mod looks amazing so far. Will there be a new map?

No this won't be in game, it's often something used in multiplayer matches as there are quite a few people out there that like to RP dispatchers, it's a google docs page that everyone in the MP game can have access to so that they can view what units are doing what (think second monitor). If I could script like the can over at Team Winterberg I would definitely be putting one in game 

The map will be (for now) the LA Mod map, but it has been changed up a little. 

This mod looks great. 

What is the main patrol car used by the PD?

(fingers crossed Tahoe)

3 hours ago, Rlizard said:

This mod looks great. 

What is the main patrol car used by the PD?

(fingers crossed Tahoe)

I'm honestly open to just about any vehicle, I now have skins for basically any common US police vehicle so if the people like Tahoes then I am more than happy to toy with the idea. I generally like a mix of different vehicles. I will look into adding it and getting some screens up. Especially to show off the new police design that I didn't have to put any work into! Thanks again to ThatOnelowan!

Furthermore, I am currently in the process of seeking permissions from various content creators in the hopes to be able to release this to the public at some point in the future.

This being said, there is no release date or anything like that at this point in time.

I am hopeful that by going about things the right way I will be able to share this mod with you all.

it would be nice for the mod to be public, but I understand how the community is. 

I'm glad your like to get a mix of units. The one thing I hated about Mayberry mod is that the PD units were all Fords. In the mod were you only going to have the 1 FD station? No PD or TEC?

There will still be a sheriff's office location so that units don't have to RTB to dump off every criminal they find, but I don't think I will do a TEC station. As far as the number of fire stations I think having only 1 for the size that the map makes the game feel much more realistic, and it's more challenging (the map is only 6x6 blocks...). The fires are just a tad bit bigger by the time you reach them, and it forces you to wait for you second due units, as is often the case. Of course, if you get them going in time it shouldn't be too big of a problem. The slight delay it causes for EMS also makes it feel more realistic by forcing you to remain on scene for a touch longer before you are able to transport (when I play I usually transport between 75%-100% health anyway).

I am currently working on the dispatching scripts, as of right now you can call each fire station through the chief, and I am working on adding the functionality to the dispatcher and a dispatch desk (currently in the station bay, but this will change. I am also working on the police side of things, basically, I am going to add 4 more PD units for variety. Extrication equipment is now solely carried by the ladder trucks, and I am working on a fix for the tenders (they don't want to play along with everyone else...).

So far I have gotten about half of the permissions that are needed to release an alpha or beta version for everyone to try.

tones.JPG

wip.JPG

I should still have the .psd files for the skins (I can double check tonight), let me know if you want any of those skins specialized for Bomb Squad, SWAT, traffic, etc. Updates sound promising!

Know who is responding...

Spoiler

if(theCar->HasName(NAME_AMB511))
					{	
						Mission::PlayHint(HINT_EMS511);
					}
					if(theCar->HasName(NAME_AMB512))
					{
						Mission::PlayHint(HINT_EMS512);
					}
					if(theCar->HasName(NAME_AMB513))
					{
						Mission::PlayHint(HINT_EMS513);
					}
					if(theCar->HasName(NAME_AMB521))
					{
						Mission::PlayHint(HINT_EMS521);
					}
					if(theCar->HasName(NAME_AMB522))
					{
						Mission::PlayHint(HINT_EMS522);
					}
					if(theCar->HasName(NAME_AMB531))
					{
						Mission::PlayHint(HINT_EMS531);
					}
					if(theCar->HasName(NAME_AMB532))
					{
						Mission::PlayHint(HINT_EMS532);
					}
					if(theCar->HasName(NAME_AMB541))
					{
						Mission::PlayHint(HINT_EMS541);
					}

2 hours ago, CMCC626 said:

There will still be a sheriff's office location so that units don't have to RTB to dump off every criminal they find, but I don't think I will do a TEC station. As far as the number of fire stations I think having only 1 for the size that the map makes the game feel much more realistic, and it's more challenging (the map is only 6x6 blocks...). The fires are just a tad bit bigger by the time you reach them, and it forces you to wait for you second due units, as is often the case. Of course, if you get them going in time it shouldn't be too big of a problem. The slight delay it causes for EMS also makes it feel more realistic by forcing you to remain on scene for a touch longer before you are able to transport (when I play I usually transport between 75%-100% health anyway).

I am currently working on the dispatching scripts, as of right now you can call each fire station through the chief, and I am working on adding the functionality to the dispatcher and a dispatch desk (currently in the station bay, but this will change. I am also working on the police side of things, basically, I am going to add 4 more PD units for variety. Extrication equipment is now solely carried by the ladder trucks, and I am working on a fix for the tenders (they don't want to play along with everyone else...).

So far I have gotten about half of the permissions that are needed to release an alpha or beta version for everyone to try.

I agree a lot of mods add to many stations. Don't you think having the extrication solely on the ladder weird? My volunteer department has it on our rescue and engine 1. I think HFD has in on there engines too. 

Yeah, but I was also trying to give the ladder a bit more of a purpose... Where I work we carry them on the rescue truck out of my station and the other 2 stations keep them on the engines. Unfortunately, the ladder is a bit pointless otherwise, except on structure fires of course. I'm still trying to decide on if I want the rescue truck in the game or not. I might just change the rescue trucks numbering and give it to like station 3, 4 or 6 since 7, 8 and 9 now have tankers. I've been considering adding a brush unit, so I guess I will probably do the rescue at 3, 4 or 6 and stick brush trucks at the remaining two; everything is still very fluid at this point so who knows what will happen  

New video!

*there are scripts in this video that will not be in the release, like the ones I borrowed from Winterberg for the purpose of testing the mod (time change, cam params, event frequency)

Yeah gameplay wise the ladder is useless, I'd like to see like a 5500 truck with a box on the back and that being the rescue. (similar to the Mayberry rescues)

How many crown Vic's were you planing on using?

Have you considered EMS supervisor or PD supervisor? 

Thank you for these updates. I would love to see a fire police unit or two in the mod.

7 hours ago, Firebuff319 said:

Thank you for these updates. I would love to see a fire police unit or two in the mod.

I'm not really very familiar with the fire police concept... But if you can pitch a good reason for it to be in the game I am all ears, though keep in mind there are going to be 8 available patrol cars at this point in time.

21 hours ago, Rlizard said:

Yeah gameplay wise the ladder is useless, I'd like to see like a 5500 truck with a box on the back and that being the rescue. (similar to the Mayberry rescues)

How many crown Vic's were you planing on using?

Have you considered EMS supervisor or PD supervisor? 

EMS and PD supervisors are on the list... somewhere  

I would like to keep a crown vic or two as many places do still have them driving around, right now they are the entirety of the police force because I simply copy and pasted the proto to get enough units to test the patrol routes.

I think I lost my love for the GMC 4500/5500 light rescue driving one on a foggy night a few years ago because the headlights are garbage lol but I will look into it as a concept. I think I would prefer holding onto the ladders over doing a bunch of light rescues as I think that they bring that fire department feel to the game, though I might look into doing a script that makes them require an operator like the water supply scripts (way down the line).

Fire Police are volunteer fire brigade/company members who based upon their jurisdictional authority, receive sworn police powers, special training, and support firefighting efforts at emergency incidents. In addition to securing firefighting equipment, incident and fire scenes, and the station itself, fire police perform traffic and crowd control. In some jurisdictions, fire police are exterior firefighters and may be called upon at fire scenes to perform any of the duties of an interior firefighter except those that require a self-contained breathing apparatus. On occasion, fire police also assist regular police: they perform road closures, traffic control, crowd control at public events, missing persons searches, parade details, salvage, security, and other miscellaneous tasks as requested.

Fire police are a fire brigade resource and answer to the officer in charge (OIC) of the fire brigade in attendance. However, special fire police officers in Pennsylvania, USA, are under the direction of the state or local police. Where no other fire brigade resources are present, fire police will usually assist police under the direction of the police's OIC or, depending on local regulations, act autonomously.

While the exact role of fire police may vary between brigades and between countries, the general themes are constant throughout:

Traffic control at emergency scenes

Traffic control consists of managing the flow of vehicles around or through the immediate vicinity of an emergency. This may entail road closures, diversions, full 'points' control at intersections, or '1-way-shunts', in which the road is reduced to one lane and its direction is alternated in a controlled fashion.

Scene safety

Fire police assist in ensuring that the scene of an incident remains safe for firefighters, emergency service workers, and members of the public working in its vicinity.

Crowd control and liaison

Residents, owners, occupants, relatives, transients, spectators, and the media are among those who may approach the scene of an incident, and fire police prevent them from being harmed or hampering the work of emergency services personnel working at the scene. Since fire police are often the public's first point of contact with the fire department, they must be skilled in public relations.

Scene security

Fire police may be asked to provide a scene guard in order to prevent looting or theft and monitor unattended fire brigade equipment.

Police assistance

Fire police are often called upon by police and other law enforcement agencies to provide additional manpower. Many of the tasks listed above also fall within the area of responsibility of the police, but fire police when on the scene may allow the police to concentrate on other more specific areas of expertise.

Logistics

Fire police may provide a logistics resource - vehicle movements, communications or similar. This would particularly be the case at a scene controlled by the fire brigade but they may be called upon by other services.

thanks wikipedia

2 hours ago, Firebuff319 said:

Fire Police are volunteer fire brigade/company members who...

So in game they will basically just do traffic control?

EMS is no longer AMR, it is now the Jackson County Health Systems EMS Department. The trucks have the same decal scheme as the one shown, but with the logo I uploaded.

2010.jpg

HealthSystemLogo.png