dunwell99D

Rights of use

In a few weeks I'm going to be joint developer on a mod, I have a model and skin for the Royal Navy bomb disposal sprinter van. At current it is my private edit of Kent mod, but I want to add it to the mod I'm due to co-develop. 

advent.emergency-forum.de   is the where I found the model. 

If I was to add the model and reference/credit the original creators would that be ok or is it better to try and contact the original creator.

Normally when you find the content for this game for download it tends to have a "readme" with it, those generally stipulate the terms of use for the things.  In normal practice, unless the readme explicitly forbids it (or the author complains about something) you can use it with the condition that you reference and credit the original creators within your mod's documentation.  Your best bet is to check the readme file of the thing and ensure that the author does not absolutely forbid using the content and normally most modders just want to be credited for their works.  If you want to play it safe, you can try to contact the author(s) to verify 100% they're good with you modifying it for release (if you just want keep a work private you don't have to go through all that, it's only if you intend to release that you have to worry about permissions).

Hope this helps.