nbrown8568

Towtruck/Rollback Loaded and Unloaded Issues

Hello All, here is my problem. I have my Baltimore City Dept. of Public Works Rollback in game working. My issue is that after loading up I am missing the model file.
 In the editor it is fine. Will add link to video as soon as it has finished uploading to YouTube.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by nbrown8568
added video

You only add the unloaded variant to freeplaybase, because that is how the tow should be by default.

I'd advise making a units.xml for both variants, that way the game does not lag when loading in the loaded variant.

Make sure the prototype of the loaded variant also follows the naming convention of  having the '2' at the end alongside the model.

In most modifications the towtruck runs from the core game system, meaning there is no specific script assigned to that particular task. The exception are towtrucks like you find in the NYC mod, since they drag "trailers" basically.  For a normal Rollback tow where there is an empty truck, then a loaded truck with a covered cargo on it's bed it works off the method itchboy described.

Vehiclenamefortow.v3o and Vehiclenamefortow2.v3o  The game will automatically swap to the 2nd model it's self so long as it's function is the same as the original vehicle.  Both v3o's must be in the same file folder though in order for it to find the loaded version.