I recent purchased the EM4 Disc, its the 2006 German edition.  I first could not get the game to play, however I ran as administrator and it started.  I am not a computer person, I am a firefighter whose son found this game by watching Youtube vidoes.  We already had the FR911 Amazon Download and have played for about a year, but since I am not computer smart, I couldn't get the mod installer to work, so I just spend $15 and bought the disc, so he would play different mods.  I believe the message says the mods are not compatible, but then again I don't speak German.  anyone have any help they can offer a 41 year old guy and his 10 y/o son?

logfile.txt

DxDiag.txt

Hello there and welcome! So if you are trying to install mods then there are a few more things that might help us fix the issue, could you tell us what mod you are trying to install? And does the German message appear when you try to install the mod?

If the message appears when you attempt to install the mod then there is probably a different way to install the mod. I can tell you how if you tell me which mod you are trying to install.

In the mean time while you give us the info we might be able to get the 911FR version working for you.

On March 21, 2011,  M1 tanker posted The following, it works for some but not for others, if you want the link to it then here it is but I also included it in this post under it.

I did this both for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and HKEY_CURRENT_USER

1. Re-install 911 First Responders to C:\Program Files (x86)\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4 instead of the default directory.

2. Start regedit by selecting Start - Run, typing in 'regedit' and then

hitting 'OK'.

3. Select 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE' and press the '+' button to its left to

expand the list.

4. Next, select 'SOFTWARE' and press the '+' button to its left to expand

the list.

5. Right-click on 'SOFTWARE' and select New > Key.

Enter the new key name: sixteen tons entertainment

6. Right-click on 'sixteen tons entertainment' and select New > Key.

Enter the new key name: Emergency 4

7. Right-click on 'Emergency 4' and select New > String value.

Enter the new key name: Installdir

8. Right-click on 'Installdir' and select Modify.

In the 'Value Data' field, C:\Program Files (x86)\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4

Now, exit the registry editor by selecting the File menu and then clicking

on Exit.

Also it might be helpful to check this out, but I've never tried it myself:

Hello there and welcome! So if you are trying to install mods then there are a few more things that might help us fix the issue, could you tell us what mod you are trying to install? And does the German message appear when you try to install the mod?

If the message appears when you attempt to install the mod then there is probably a different way to install the mod. I can tell you how if you tell me which mod you are trying to install.

In the mean time while you give us the info we might be able to get the 911FR version working for you.

On March 21, 2011,  M1 tanker posted The following, it works for some but not for others, if you want the link to it then here it is but I also included it in this post under it.

[/url]  

I did this both for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and HKEY_CURRENT_USER

1. Re-install 911 First Responders to C:\Program Files (x86)\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4 instead of the default directory.

2. Start regedit by selecting Start - Run, typing in 'regedit' and then

hitting 'OK'.

3. Select 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE' and press the '+' button to its left to

expand the list.

4. Next, select 'SOFTWARE' and press the '+' button to its left to expand

the list.

5. Right-click on 'SOFTWARE' and select New > Key.

Enter the new key name: sixteen tons entertainment

6. Right-click on 'sixteen tons entertainment' and select New > Key.

Enter the new key name: Emergency 4

7. Right-click on 'Emergency 4' and select New > String value.

Enter the new key name: Installdir

8. Right-click on 'Installdir' and select Modify.

In the 'Value Data' field, C:\Program Files (x86)\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4

Now, exit the registry editor by selecting the File menu and then clicking

on Exit.

Also it might be helpful to check this out, but I've never tried it myself:

I did this before with 911FR and couldn't get it to work which is why I just bought the disc. This is the message I get, when I select continue, it freezes and doesn't load. I have tried Fairfax, Boston, FD NY Academy, and Harbor City with the same result.3bf2cfa08aea723be45979968dbae14b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

When you load the game check the version which the game is in the bottom corner when it loads at the menu, if it isnt 1.3 then you need to patch the game, if i recall german games require patching.

http://www.emergency-planet.com/files/category/37-patches/

49 minutes ago, Nick007 said:

Also how did you install the mods, have you just drag and dropped a .zip file or the .e4mod file in the mods folder or you extracted them? 

That might be your problem

Patch complete. As far as mods, I first dragged, but I have deleted all of them, uploaded from Mega or Dropbox, extracted to Mods.  I also changed the visual language to english so I am able to read that is says, Mod Check Failed.