Joseph McKeon

How to texture doors in EM4

So me and my friend are editing Mayberry Mod 1.5 to put our own department's units in game. However we're having some trouble, We have already textured numberous apparatus, however the old mayberry units texture are still on certain doors and  remain on the vehicle. Even though we have textured over them in the .png they still show up in-game. When I open the EM4 Editor, I can see the door in the vehicles at "Children" "Doors" I know the door files are V3O, does this mean that I would need to get Zmodeler to change the texture of the doors?  If so, is Zmodeler free and is it possible to export the changes without trouble? I appreciate the help! Thanks!

I'm not really familiar with the mayberry mod but in many mods some doors are textures from one specific unit. Then they just use the same texture and door for the other same type of vehicles. So in this case then you will need to go into the editor and go to prototypes>objects and it should say something about vehicle doors. Then you need to find the door that is on the model you wanted to change it on. When you find it you go click on it and press edit. You should then see the model file. There it should say what folder it is in then you can go into that and you may need to re texture that model as well. 

Hope this helped you! : )

• Upvote 1

Thanks for helping me out! I was able to find the door and replace it, it looks perfect now. However I found the door in an out of map engine that we plan to retexture as a mutual aid engine from another department. The same problem might consist for the mutual aid, but we might be able to figure something out. Thanks again your help!