Joseph McKeon

Need Help Texturing

So me and a friend are trying to texture our own Fire Department's units ingame for the Mayberry Mod 1.5. Im currently using Gimp and Microsoft Paint. One of the things that is killing is trying to copy and paste a decal from a real life picture on to the EM4 file. Such as the wording: "Henderson Fire" I can get it on the picture just fine, but I have to go in and edit every single pixel that is out of color. It pastes as a completely different color than what the Engine and Rescue background is. Does anyone know an easier way to do this? The Engine background that I have is white, but the copy and paste will be very noticable when I load in game and zoom in close. Im pretty new to texturing, but im also trying to make it as realistic as possible. Trying to get every decal that I can on, but its giving me trouble when I have to go in and edit every single tiny pixel out of color. Any help is very appreciated! Thanks!

When you copy the decal do you mark it with the square/circle option or the free marking tool? I'd recommend using the free marking tool. In gimp it should look like a piece of rope. with that you can highlight it around the decal and get it as close as possible without getting some non needed pixels that are out of ''touch'' : )

• Upvote 1