Firebuff319

Manual Siren Mod

For my upcoming mod, Victoria Mod, I have included a new script called the Manual Siren Script, in witch if you hit 'W' it will start playing Wail, 'Y' for Yelp, 'P' for Phaser, '-' For air-horn, Q for a MANUAL FEDERAL Q2B, and m for a regular manual siren. This is all with the CARSON SA-500 CRUISER siren, that BCAS ambulance's have. And fire trucks have EQ2B sirens and a Q2B siren. You can toggle from EQ2B mode to regular siren using 'Insert' in-game. Firetruck regular sirens use Whelen5, and RCMP don't have EQ2B or Q2B, so instead, they have RUMBLER. Same toggle switch. Available to download in about an hour.

Can a mod sneak my topic to 'Mods'?

Wont move it to 'mods' section until:

• You seek out and recieve permissions for any of other people's content you are using
  • All proper documentaion, readme, and credits are compiled and verified correct
  • The mod is uploaded to the DL center or another file hosting site

Well, I assume Hoppah made the original siren code, and you just made separate variants for them. In addition, Whelen, Federal Signal, and Carson, all own their respective siren tones. Thats what I mean by verified. If you claim that its all yours, but then we find that it obviously isnt, then sanctions will be applied.

Ill move it to the WIP section by your request.

Some clarifications. You dont really need to ask permission from Whelen or Federal Signal. All you need is credit to the respective companies, and then the source of the audio, whether YouTube or a free audio site.

30 minutes ago, TheAxeMan33 said:

BMA made a siren script like this which changes siren sound by shift, ctrl, or normal click of the siren button.

I believe he did, but OP is trying something different. Either way, its possible to have siren swaps, but it wont be 'automatic' and will require the player to click on a command. Its something that unfortunately cannot be changed in Em4, except through very complicated mission scripting.

Just want to have a moment of pause here : I am almost done, I removed the pause keynode, and I have put in place all the respective sirens, and just to let you know, If there is more then 12 button pushes in a second, EM4 will crash. I am just waiting for the manual siren script to be completed by my Brother, and he told me : If you say, go from 'w' to 'y' to 'w' and back to 'y' that is fine, just do not spam the Airhorn.