chivvy147

Permissions

Hi, A couple of months ago I asked to use someone models in a mod. I have not received a reply. So could I use this model as the author has not replied. So I am not sure if I can use these models as I believe the author is in-active.

Many Thanks

This is not exactly how to approach this situation, we are currently working up a "standard" which will be used in addressing these situations, we should be releasing that policy relatively soon.  

For your particular case I would provide the author's name, the content you wish to use, and what means of contact you have attempted.  There may be alternative means of contact which you may not be aware of but someone closer to the individual may.  As you've written this post you've really given no room to try to help you get permissions from the author since you're being really generalized about what you're stating instead of detailed. As it stands, nobody can tell who it is you're talking about to even know if there is alternative means to contact them or even if they are inactive or not.  If you want help with an issue it is much easier to get it when you're as straightforward as possible with details to the issue rather than generalizing and leaving people to speculate.

Provide more detailed information, maybe someone else knows a means to contact this person and can relay your request to the author for you.  If nobody knows how to contact the individual/and or they are legitimately inactive then it'll have to be sorted out in an alternative means. 

13 hours ago, MikeyPI said:

This is not exactly how to approach this situation, we are currently working up a "standard" which will be used in addressing these situations, we should be releasing that policy relatively soon.  

For your particular case I would provide the author's name, the content you wish to use, and what means of contact you have attempted.  There may be alternative means of contact which you may not be aware of but someone closer to the individual may.  As you've written this post you've really given no room to try to help you get permissions from the author since you're being really generalized about what you're stating instead of detailed. As it stands, nobody can tell who it is you're talking about to even know if there is alternative means to contact them or even if they are inactive or not.  If you want help with an issue it is much easier to get it when you're as straightforward as possible with details to the issue rather than generalizing and leaving people to speculate.

Provide more detailed information, maybe someone else knows a means to contact this person and can relay your request to the author for you.  If nobody knows how to contact the individual/and or they are legitimately inactive then it'll have to be sorted out in an alternative means. 

Hi, sorry for the lack of detail. I would just like to use Dosedmonkeysn RNLI models in my mod. I did PM a couple of months ago

47 minutes ago, chivvy147 said:

Hi, sorry for the lack of detail. I would just like to use Dosedmonkeysn RNLI models in my mod. I did PM a couple of months ago

I'm sure Mikey's also interested in the status of the message, if you click on a message sent on Emergency-Planet, it'll show you if it was read or replied on the top-left side next to the message content. What status is it on? (Unread or Read in your case as there was no reply)

15 minutes ago, TheAxeMan33 said:

I'm sure Mikey's also interested in the status of the message, if you click on a message sent on Emergency-Planet, it'll show you if it was read or replied on the top-left side next to the message content. What status is it on? (Unread or Read in your case as there was no reply)

It says not read yet. Also I just spotted this on his profile December 28th 2015. Plus there is no readme file in the mod and the mod is dead on the forums would that make a difference?

• LAST VISITED

December 28, 20 

It would be helpful to know exactly where you're getting this party's content from.  Is it this modification:  Coastal Rescue 0.5a ? Like I said the more information provided, the more we can understand to help you.

53 minutes ago, MikeyPI said:

It would be helpful to know exactly where you're getting this party's content from.  Is it this modification:  Coastal Rescue 0.5a ? Like I said the more information provided, the more we can understand to help you.

Sorry again, yes that is the right mod

Read the information provided by the author he's pretty clear about everything right in his topic/download.

From his topic: The "credits list".

Coastal Rescue is all about saving and protecting those on the coastal waters of Britian, wether it be an accident on the beach, ship on fire, man over board, or drug smuggling, the HM Coastguard, along with Lifeboat, Police, Fire and Ambulance support, will attend to this maritime cause!

Mod leader - Dosedmonkey (Modeler/UVMapper/Skinner/Coder)

Modeler - Festival

Coder/Modeler - JPH

Modeler - Danny60

Mapper - position available

From the actual download (on EMP):

Here is what I have managed to make over the years. Feel free to use any of the models, testures or script in your own mode, giving due credit where required.

All the best.

Dosedmonkey

The implication is: You may use what you wish to assuming you credit the people responsible for it, which with very little effort I managed to look on their topic and subsequent download to find this information.

S

37 minutes ago, MikeyPI said:

Read the information provided by the author he's pretty clear about everything right in his topic/download.

From his topic: The "credits list".

From the actual download (on EMP):

The implication is: You may use what you wish to assuming you credit the people responsible for it, which with very little effort I managed to look on their topic and subsequent download to find this information.

Sorry for being a bit of an idiot but thanks for the help! The even better thing is it has a great out come. Many thanks!