TACRfan

Permission to use something

Hi i want to use one of the extended freeplay maps that is in the downloads section of this site in a mod of mine but im not sure if im allowed, It says in the credits reed-me that i cant use the mod without permission but the author has been inactive for over a year

I'm guessing here since you did not show a link to whatever you're trying to use that you're trying to use the one done by Sven.... The description for the file states that it was the final version that he last published so here's how we'll handle this one given his last activity was roughly one year ago.  Attempt to leave the user in question a PM; wait an appropriate time 2 weeks sounds about right, report said PM to us at the 2 week mark (so we can verify it was sent).  From there we'll do what we can to help you moving forward, just bear in mind if we make a decision ourselves we do not reserve the right to "overrule" the original author (should he resurface at a later date).

14 hours ago, MikeyPI said:

I'm guessing here since you did not show a link to whatever you're trying to use that you're trying to use the one done by Sven.... The description for the file states that it was the final version that he last published so here's how we'll handle this one given his last activity was roughly one year ago.  Attempt to leave the user in question a PM; wait an appropriate time 2 weeks sounds about right, report said PM to us at the 2 week mark (so we can verify it was sent).  From there we'll do what we can to help you moving forward, just bear in mind if we make a decision ourselves we do not reserve the right to "overrule" the original author (should he resurface at a later date).

ok will do, thanks for the help

For everyone else with the same issue, what Mike means is that if the original author wants his content taken down, he/she can have it removed, regardless of what anyone on EmP says.

We have the right to speak on their behalf, given that we host their content, but their word remains supreme over ours at the end of the day.