RestingVermin

Need some help with editor

Hey everyone! I need some help! 

I have created a new map texture and I'm currently working on the map in the editor. 

1. When I do the virtual object for units to spawn in the station they park side ways in the bay. I don't know how to fix this.

2. For some reason I can't get the units to spawn where I want them. I try to get for example to spawn a fire truck in but it wont work. Could anyone go through how to do this correctly?

3. I'm trying to add more units to the units list so I have the models and prototypes all done but it won't show up in the units menu.

Thanks!

1. The virtual objects in map do not determine the rotation of vehicles ingame. You need to make them spawn in with the correct rotation via script.
  2. You need to create new lines in the FireStationStart script (along with the gate and toFireStation cmds) to the new VO in order to make it work. To add to this, you need to define a specific vehicle to spawn into the VO and be linked to the ToStation code.
  3. Review everything you've done, and also make sure you havent missed any basic steps to adding playable units into the game.

42 minutes ago, RestingVermin said:

I got 1 and 2 to work but I'm trying to get an additional engine by cloning it in the editor and I have made a separate models folder as well as a separate units folder.

You need to modify your specs files. Here's a good tutorial on how to do it:

http://www.emergency-planet.com/tutorials/article/41-em4-adding-vehicles/

You have the vehicles and proto's done I assume so you can skip the first few steps but I'd recommend skimming over them anyways.

8 hours ago, mr matt5432123 said:

You need to modify your specs files. Here's a good tutorial on how to do it:

http://www.emergency-planet.com/tutorials/article/41-em4-adding-vehicles/

You have the vehicles and proto's done I assume so you can skip the first few steps but I'd recommend skimming over them anyways.

oooooohhh! Thank you very much!!!