s.t productions

U.S Army mod help?

both for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and HKEY_CURRENT_USER

1. Re-install 911 First Responders to C:\Program Files (x86)\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4 instead of the default directory.

2. Start regedit by selecting Start - Run, typing in 'regedit' and then

hitting 'OK'.

3. Select 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE' and press the '+' button to its left to

expand the list.

4. Next, select 'SOFTWARE' and press the '+' button to its left to expand

the list.

5. Right-click on 'SOFTWARE' and select New > Key.

Enter the new key name: sixteen tons entertainment

6. Right-click on 'sixteen tons entertainment' and select New > Key.

Enter the new key name: Emergency 4

7. Right-click on 'Emergency 4' and select New > String value.

Enter the new key name: Installdir

8. Right-click on 'Installdir' and select Modify.

In the 'Value Data' field, C:\Program Files (x86)\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4

Now, exit the registry editor by selecting the File menu and then clicking on Exit.

1 hour ago, s.t productions said:

Thanks I have already done this for the mod installer though. I was actually referring to when the installer would say that the mod file is corrupt.

I just tested the file again and it's fully working, the corruption issue typically occurs when the file is breached in any way, or as I stated, the modinstaller path being off. Try to re-download the modification again and see how that goes.

13 hours ago, s.t productions said:

I downloaded the U.S army mod. I have win rar, so when I download the file it always comes as a rar file. When I try to use the installer it says the file is corrupts. Any ways this change it too the normal file, so i can properly install it?

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, TheAxeMan33 said:

I just tested the file again and it's fully working, the corruption issue typically occurs when the file is breached in any way, or as I stated, the modinstaller path being off. Try to re-download the modification again and see how that goes.

In addition to what TheAxeMan33 said,

In your first post you mentioned that it comes as a rar file and that you wanted to change it to the regular file. Are you trying to use the RAR file in the installer? If you are then all you must do is extract the file to the desktop using WinRAR or some other extracting tool. I think that not the mod, but the compressed file that the mod file is in shows up as a RAR file which is why the modinstaller says it's corrupted.

Just now, mr matt5432123 said:

In addition to what TheAxeMan33 said,

In your first post you mentioned that it comes as a rar file and that you wanted to change it to the regular file. Are you trying to use the RAR file in the installer? If you are then all you must do is extract the file to the desktop using WinRAR or some other extracting tool. I think that not the mod, but the compressed file that the mod file is in shows up as a RAR file which is why the modinstaller says it's corrupted.

When you double-click it, it uncompresses it and allows you to install it using whatever program you have set for .e4mod, also you cannot start a installation of a rar file, due to the search ability being set to search only for .e4mod type files. I believe that something occurred during the installation, (unlikely but possible).

33 minutes ago, TheAxeMan33 said:

When you double-click it, it uncompresses it and allows you to install it using whatever program you have set for .e4mod, also you cannot start a installation of a rar file, due to the search ability being set to search only for .e4mod type files. I believe that something occurred during the installation, (unlikely but possible).

This is weird when I re-downloaded it came as  a notepad file, and wont let me change it to a rar file. Saying its a unknown format or damaged