LtChuckSmiley

Certain Calls Not Loading

Hello everyone,

I am currently using LA Mod 2.1 with w00ds map  v1.3. While my gameplay is fairly seamless, I have noticed that there are certain calls for service that are not loading (ie: traffic accidents, stolen vehicle). These events are enabled on my fp_params_endless.xml (see attached), and the callout frequency values have not been extensively altered. In addition, I have noticed that while I have disabled certain events (ie: bomber), these events happen anyway. It is as though the map does not conform to the parameters set in my fp_params_endless file.

Does anyone know how I could go about fixing this issue? Thank you in advance for your help!

fp_params_endless.xml

On 5/24/2016 at 11:21 PM, LtChuckSmiley said:

Hello everyone,

I am currently using LA Mod 2.1 with w00ds map  v1.3. While my gameplay is fairly seamless, I have noticed that there are certain calls for service that are not loading (ie: traffic accidents, stolen vehicle). These events are enabled on my fp_params_endless.xml (see attached), and the callout frequency values have not been extensively altered. In addition, I have noticed that while I have disabled certain events (ie: bomber), these events happen anyway. It is as though the map does not conform to the parameters set in my fp_params_endless file.

Does anyone know how I could go about fixing this issue? Thank you in advance for your help!

http://www.emergency-planet.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=17878

Like Matt said, check to see if the fp_params are in the right place. Specifically, they MUST be in the mod that you are using, not the EM4 folder. Mods override the EM4 folder. However, this will make it applicable to only the mod you put the file in. If you want it for all mods, delete the fp_params file for each mod and keep the fp_params you want in the EM4 folder. Then there will be nothing to override the fp_params you want.

WARNING: If you aren't careful you could mess something up and make freeplay unplayable. Make sure your fp_params are in exactly the place you want it.

On 5/27/2016 at 8:39 PM, Ben12 said:

Like Matt said, check to see if the fp_params are in the right place. Specifically, they MUST be in the mod that you are using, not the EM4 folder. Mods override the EM4 folder. However, this will make it applicable to only the mod you put the file in. If you want it for all mods, delete the fp_params file for each mod and keep the fp_params you want in the EM4 folder. Then there will be nothing to override the fp_params you want.

WARNING: If you aren't careful you could mess something up and make freeplay unplayable. Make sure your fp_params are in exactly the place you want it.

Also make sure to backup your file just in case it doesn't work.

Norm,

On 5/31/2016 at 9:47 PM, nbrown8568 said:

Also make sure to backup your file just in case it doesn't work.

Norm,

On 5/27/2016 at 5:39 PM, Ben12 said:

On 5/24/2016 at 1:45 PM, mr matt5432123 said:

firstly try redownloading the w00ds map and LA mod. check to see if your fp params are in the correct place so they overwrite the original.

Thank you all for your replies. I have already replaced the w00ds map and have confirmed that my fp_params are in the LA mod folder. However, I still am getting the same calls over and over again. I have used the w00ds map before, and there were no problems with it then. Are there any files that affect event creation other than the fp_params file?

45 minutes ago, LtChuckSmiley said:

Thank you all for your replies. I have already replaced the w00ds map and have confirmed that my fp_params are in the LA mod folder. However, I still am getting the same calls over and over again. I have used the w00ds map before, and there were no problems with it then. Are there any files that affect event creation other than the fp_params file?

You said the fp_params are in the LA mod folder? they should be in the specs folder which is in the LA mod folder.

On 6/23/2016 at 8:10 AM, TheAxeMan33 said:

The only thing I could really think of is that there are not any start points for said callouts, which could lead to this issue.

I understand what a start point could be for something like a stolen vehicle call, but what would be considered as a "start point" for a traffic collision? I already have traffic flowing through the map and I'm sure the collisions are set up correctly in the editor because they have occurred before.

On 6/24/2016 at 1:13 PM, LtChuckSmiley said:

I understand what a start point could be for something like a stolen vehicle call, but what would be considered as a "start point" for a traffic collision? I already have traffic flowing through the map and I'm sure the collisions are set up correctly in the editor because they have occurred before.