drbauss96

EM4 Mods Unstable

Good Evening, 

Just having some trouble with 911: First Responders. I've noted that during regular gameplay I don't have many issues with crashing but with any modification, they'll load and play fine the first time but then when I reopen the game later, they will crash after a short period of time. Additionally, EM4 runs slow with modifications which doesn't make much sense to me (running a brand new self-built gaming computer). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! 

This can be caused by many things, but lucky for you, there are many solutions. Try compatibility mode, and running as administrator. 

If you have multiple graphics cards try using a different one.

Try messing with the game options.

reinstall the game.

update your drivers.

Your drivers and especially the graphics card are the problem for most people. Good luck fixing it.

Also realize that different modifications have different resource requirements, some mods out there are lighter and thereby less likely to bleed your resources, while others are very heavy and unfortunately even on good machines can tend to have performance problems.  The original core framework of the game had some problems in it, which tend to get worse with modifications added into the mix.  Mods with excessive complex lighting tends to push the GPU of machines, while mods with scripts that run constant checks tends to gnaw at the CPU, the more content in the mod the more ram it'll chew and so-on.  Not all the mods were "optimized" that were created (in fact, many were not) so as more mods use others as bases it becomes far more frequent that you'll encounter performance problems if the author(s) don't clean them up before they release them.

You could (with a bit of work) try to clean up the mods yourself by removing excessive lights from the vehicles, removing un-required files from the mods, and through your game settings help lessen the load they present.  Your machine being a "gaming" rig often times has little to do with how this game's mods will perform, often times it's the way the mods were built that tends to lend more towards the performance (or lack thereof).