Mlg Saver

Emergency 4 Physics

Totally possible to do, but there are too many glitches to justify the script. The AI bugs out after the second or third time they are 'diverted' off to the side of the road. AI limitations in this game prevent a lot of good stuff from being done.

I will never release this thing to the general public, way too much trouble on my part.

hmmm, I've never really thought about this part of the game before. Yes I agree it would be impractical to implement a 'perfect' script for this, does anyone think it's possible to make it smoother for emergency vehicles to get past civil vehicles. possibly making them check constantly for vehicles in front of them so they can switch lanes or go into oncoming traffic without first stopping right behind the civil vehicle. maybe also look for parts of the map that have less traffic than the direct route and take those roads instead thus getting them on scene faster? 

7 minutes ago, mr matt5432123 said:

hmmm, I've never really thought about this part of the game before. Yes I agree it would be impractical to implement a 'perfect' script for this, does anyone think it's possible to make it smoother for emergency vehicles to get past civil vehicles. possibly making them check constantly for vehicles in front of them so they can switch lanes or go into oncoming traffic without first stopping right behind the civil vehicle. maybe also look for parts of the map that have less traffic than the direct route and take those roads instead thus getting them on scene faster? 

No. The game is hardcoded to use the 'streets' systems, and no such checks and functions exist within the game engine. Once again, 16T never thought of that, and its their fault the game has so many issues modding. The game has pretty simple pathfinding. It takes a point and finds the nearest route. It does not and cannot be made to check for amounts of traffic. This same routefinding system is why the vehicles are so clunky when moving around civ cars. Switching lanes isnt possible due to how the streets system works and that having multiple instances of one lane can cause some weird issues when the vehicle turns left or right at intersections.

Besides what I and others have done for traffic AI, nothing further can be done to this aging, antique, argurably dead game.

User made scripts make the problem worse, by introducing stuff that runs checks constantly, thus making the game lag considerably on most low and mid level systems. The Germans pulled this off about 6 years ago, and even they couldnt get it right. All I've done was exploit the same move functions in the game as they did, and add my own idiot-proofing to the code. Turns out, nothing can be done in an FP setting, due to how many variables are in play. Number of emergency vehicles is one, another being road width, the civ vehicle width, number of civ vehicles, and how the game interprets the move command.

• Upvote 2