Warstrikewolf117

Vintage Town mod (fictional)

Hi everyone,

I was thinking about making a mod based around a city called Vintage town (fictional) which only has 3 or 4 stations and the town is going to be medium sized (hopefully). In Vintage Town everybody knows each other and families enjoy prosperous times just like their family members have before them. This city is still one of the only cities in the USA that still has a drive-in movie theater and a malt shop along with a few other relics from days long gone in other American cities. The other thing about this city is that its city council has decided to purchase emergency service and utility vehicles from the 1930s-1980s only it will not upgrade its vehicles to modern day era, they feel that it doesn't keep with the look of the town.

I hope you all will like this mod. Now here is a list of some of the fire apparatus's and other town agency vehicles

Vintage Town Fire Department.

Station 1(HQ):

Engine 1

Squad 1(Actual Squad)

Squad 1A(Snorkel Squad like CFD has)

Ladder 10

Battalion 1

Deputy 1

Station 2:

Engine 2

Rescue Engine 22

Reserve Engine 72(Spare/Not Staffed)

Squad 2(Actual Squad)

Tower 21(Rearmount)

Battalion 2

Station 3(Special Units):

Collapse Rescue 3

Squad 3(Actual Squad)

Squad 3A(Snorkel Squad like CFD has)

Mobile Command Center 3

Rescue Battalion 3

Hazmat 3

Station 4(Volunteer, volunteers called from off map with script)

Engine 44-1

Tanker 44-2

Brush 44-3

Assistant Chief 44-4(On Map)

Vintage Town Ambulance Center

RA-1

RA-2

RA-3

RA-4

RA-5

Vintage Town Police Department

Patrol-1

Patrol-2

Patrol-3

Patrol-4

Patrol-5

Patrol-6

Prisoner Transport Van

Mobile Command

Supervisor

Ill go into the TEC once i have some progress done on other units. For now i hope you enjoy the mod and i will try and bring you an update with unit pictures soon.

I am currently looking for someone that can do some good skins for the models I make. Please contact me via pm if you can do so.

I am also looking for a good modeler who can help provide models, images will be provided for the perspective modeler on the team. Contact via pm if interested.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I have some modeling skills just trying to get vehicles to show up in game right now.

http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/monthly_2016_05/572ad584b2592_bandicam2016-05-0422-05-39-916.jpg.7919058c97709275adb51bfa06d66462.jpg

Edit: well here it is, one side modeled of a Ford C Fire Pumper, my best attempt at least.

bandicam 2016-05-04 22-05-39-916.jpg

On 4/26/2016 at 9:41 PM, Warstrikewolf117 said:

Edit: well here it is, one side modeled of a Ford C Fire Pumper, my best attempt at least.

So far, it has the right shape and form for a fire engine from that era. I'd straighten up some vertices and lines on the rear part, since it would appear that it sticks upwards a bit instead of going straight.

Another issue I can see is that some of your polygons have 'gaps' in them. They probably arent 'attached' to each other through their vetices. The gaps can be closed using the Weld tool in the submesh section.

Zmodeler2 has an Align tool that you can use to clean up some of the issues of straightening the mesh up.

2 hours ago, Warstrikewolf117 said:

Bump (sorry for double posting)

No issues with double posting once. Just a reminder not to do it too often or it will result in a verbal warning. Someone is bound to eventually post on here, so there is no need to catapult yourself to the top again.

If you accidentally posted something and want it deleted, I will clean that up for you, just say the word.

Just now, itchboy said:

So far, it has the right shape and form for a fire engine from that era. I'd straighten up some vertices and lines on the rear part, since it would appear that it sticks upwards a bit instead of going straight.

Another issue I can see is that some of your polygons have 'gaps' in them. They probably arent 'attached' to each other through their vetices. The gaps can be closed using the Weld tool in the submesh section.

Zmodeler2 has an Align tool that you can use to clean up some of the issues of straightening the mesh up.

No issues with double posting once. Just a reminder not to do it too often or it will result in a verbal warning. Someone is bound to eventually post on here, so there is no need to catapult yourself to the top again.

If you accidentally posted something and want it deleted, I will clean that up for you, just say the word.

http://www.emergency-planet.com/profile/58368-itchboy/How do I use the align tool to clean up the straightening issues?