90's or 2000's style vehicles?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. 90's or 2000's style vehicles?

• 90's style vehicles
    • 2000's style vehicles

6 hours ago, Firebuff319 said:

rip the macks

No worries, the macks are still in!

Anyways I got the emergency vehicle bypass feature finished. I really like it and plan on keeping it unless there's a large amount of people who don't want it, but I think it makes the game much more realistic. My definite favorite thing about it is now tow trucks can actually get to the scene in a reasonable amount of time!!! You can see my excitement for this  during the video.

well, here ya go! :

It solves the problem, but a concern I forsee is that you might have units passing the same road but heading in opposite directions as seen in 1:37, and they end up using the same path and getting stuck, causing a massive cluster of them trying to find alternative paths. Not shooting your idea down because it works with having multiple units in the same direction and looks clean, but it might not work out having them face opposing directions.

Its also weird having them drive center lanes despite heading back to station with no code.

A year or so ago, I tried fixing the solution using a different, more invasive method. Didnt work out either.

The best way to solve traffic issues and facilitate free flowing units is by vastly reducing the number of moving traffic NPC cars on the map at any given time.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Firebuff319 said:

I have a script for vehical pullover, and it includes police car traffic stops. I would give it to you both, but it still needs some work

2.5k lines of code 

54 minutes ago, itchboy said:

Sure, hit me up via PM and I'll see what I can do with it.

Awesome! keep me updated on this.

On 8/18/2016 at 5:31 PM, mr matt5432123 said:

Alright, just wanted to let everybody know that with school starting up again (near me anyways) progress on my end will be a little slower than usual, but i'll still try my best to continue to get stuff out whenever I can.

if you need help with anything let me know my school doesnt start till the end of the month.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, 59955_1453496446 said:

if you need help with anything let me know my school doesnt start till the end of the month.

Ha! your lucky! Anyways, thanks for the offer but Willowfork fire capt. and me got everything down pretty good.

The only thing left on the map is the rest of the beach that I haven't gotten to yet. and then revisions.

1 hour ago, Rlizard said:

Do you have a list of all the units you have in the mod?

Also do you plan on using realistic water script?

good looking mod!

Thank you!

Unfortunately we do not have a list of all units, but we will get that out soon once almost all of the units are completed so we can put in some pics with them.

And for the water supply script, we have not thought about this much and are not completely sure about it, we'll think it over and let you know.

• Upvote 1

Hello everybody! So the map is nearly finished! just gotta add the events, and some detail here and there but it's pretty much done! I believe Willowfork Fire Capt. is still finishing up some units, and I'm going to start playing around with some other functions of the mod, nothing big, I just like to experiment.