William Stapleford

WIP 2015 Dodge Durango Police Interceptor

Not too much time to post on this but here are the shots of the BIRTH or a new model using some prints (best I could find) of the newer Dodge Durango 2015 model. It will then be converted into a police interceptor once the original model is completed.

durango_WIP_print.jpg

Model is being made off of these prints I found online.  They are not 100% accurate and then when the model is optomized it will lose some of the details as well.  But the general shape hopefully will stay and work out.  Only time will tell.

durango_wip_3.jpg

Here is a shot from above.  The interior is modeled just for seats and a steering wheel.  Bottom was added and wheel blockers are added so the vehicle is not SEE THROUGH in the game.  This has been a problem with all the models but once you find out what it is we can fix it easily by adding a WALL to block the view.  The front grill is an option and can be removed.  No spotlights or lightbar as of right now.  These will come later and I'm hoping to release a bunch a lightbars seperate that can be added to models via the world builder as needed.  

durango_wip_2.jpg

A quick side shot, no wheels and blockers on the wheels so as not to see through the model.  The shape is a tad off but not too bad I hope.  I'm getting ready to work on the lightbar and the other features.  Then start working on creating UVW template and texturing.  Time will tell how this will work out in the end.

This model is what I work on now when the crownvic models get under my skin.  

I started a new topic to follow this model as the I'm sure it will take some time as well and people can watch it develop.

Have a great and safe day

William516

Bill

Delaware

I have spent alot of time on the models and even more time at getting things into this game lol.  A ton of time asking you questions as well, but I am getting much better each time I talk to you.  The windows are missing in the above model.  I'm not having any luck with the alpha numbers to make things transparent.  I still have to get the UVW template and all done for it.  I also need to work on getting a realistic looking lightbar onto the vehicle.  Your stuff looks awesome too.  

Sucks that it takes so long to get a simple photo up or view it as well.  Hoping that soon I go back to the other place.  It was nicer.  Right now i have a generator running that keeps me up when not on guard.  Lol guess thats why I as able to do so much work lol.

Have a great day and keep up the awesome work on your stuff.  Think you can talk to your guys about getting a script together to use additional equipment?  If so I will be glad to share the mods with you to see them used in the game.  I'm just not smart when it comes to scripting.

William516

Bill

Delaware, USA

Quick update

Dodge model is complete and now moving to UV mapping.  This is a pain in the butt and I'm having a ton of fun trying to get it to look good.

Hope to get some screens up soon.  This model will be a black and white paint scheme.

If anyone is good with uv mapping feel free to let me know as I could use the help with the models I have.  I think the UV mapping takes more time then building it. Lol

I wish I could simply paint on the model in 3d but I don't think that exist yet.

William516

Bill

Delaware, USA

yeah I got the planar mapping but I also used the uv unwrapped normal box mode and created a uv template to paint but then quickly figured out that this would only work for the general white and black color of the vehicle and does not work well at all for the actual photo textures of the headlights and tails etc.  I also discovered that if you create a uv template and then decide to unwrap just one part of it for example,the front then the whole freaking template is ruined.  

So what I did now was re-unwrap it using the box method with top and then drag all,the parts out of the grey box off to the side.  Then as I use them I create a template and export to paint program as a layer.  Then when I need the front headlights for example I just drag the already unwrapped part I want to conform to it.  Basically I don't lose the original unwrap and whatever I painted stays where I want.

I found a thing called canvas built into the 3ds program however it is tricky to use and as it is now I would have to start over the whole uv process to use it.  Maybe on the next model or even a test model I can learn that.

Once the uv for the vehicle,is done it will go through the same import process as the crownvic with hopefully less problems.

I wanted to create a k9 unit for this vehicle as well with the cage.  Do you know if it is possible to mod the script for the rescue dog to act as a police dog and actually attack.

If so,that would be a great feature and a lot of fun to use.

Keep up the great work and hopefully the community will use your mod to learn and unlock the potential before em2017 comes out and they mess it all up again.

William516

Bill

Delaware, USA

I wanted to create a k9 unit for this vehicle as well with the cage.  Do you know if it is possible to mod the script for the rescue dog to act as a police dog and actually attack.

If so,that would be a great feature and a lot of fun to use.

should be possible by modiying the "rabid dog" or using just it's logic.

Long time no see everyone.

Anyways I have had to move to a new location and the service is even worse here, not to mention things have been very busy lately.  In what downtime I have managed to get I have been working on the Dodge Durango.  The Crownvic is basically done at this point and hopefully Consti can post the mod as needed when he has a few minutes as well.  I will be making a few variations of the crownvic including a un-marked unit in the coming days.  Back to the Durango.  The 3d model is completed with a few minor things still being worked out.  The UVW mapping has started and I have a few shots showing the beginning stages of the UV and textures.

I may make an inverse color map as most of what I have seen are completely different then what I made.  The other thing to keep in mind with this is that it is slightly off of the actual 2015 Durango.  The model is a combination of the 2013-2014 and 2015 not that this really makes a difference unless you REALLY get close.  It is in the tail lights and the headlights but other then that it is pretty good.

Once the UV mapping is completed and textures are corrected we move into getting it imported and assembled in the world builder.

durango_uv_map1.jpg

Here is a shot from the front showing the 2015 style grill and headlamps.  White bumper and lower black bumper and molding.

durango_uv_map2.jpg

Here is a front  / side profile shot showing the general idea of the black and white layout.  The roof slats are also pure black and this is simply showing the body with nothing else at this time.  (All other items are isolated)  In the top left you can see what I'm working with when it comes to mapping the UV, all things for this vehicle are created from scratch so it has been a fun learning experience again.  Several texture anomalies that still need to be worked out little by little.

Also the color map may change where the black texture (except body molding) will become white and the white body will be black.  This seems to be a standard color pattern for the Durango interceptor model.  The paint model for this just like the crownvic is a work or art and is not a representation of any particular law enforcement agency.  

I also tried to make the UV map and texture EASY to understand so that people can make this texture whatever they want later when it comes to re-skinning.  I know i HATE trying to figure out textures when I can't understand how the model is laid out.

Hope these pics load and I hope to get some more updates soon.  Take care and have a great and safe day.

William516

Bill

Delaware, USA

Good job mate

I also tried to make the UV map and texture EASY to understand so that people can make this texture whatever they want later when it comes to re-skinning.  I know i HATE trying to figure out textures when I can't understand how the model is laid out.

This argument is invalid once you get to know how to convert the models back to a format 3ds max/ blender can read ;). But a great mentallity anyway

That may be true Consti but i still don't think that you could paint the model in blender or any other program without having to do all the UV mapping and it is really a pain.  I wish I could just paint on the truck and not have to worry about mapping everything and make it look good.

Anyways a few more shots as it progresses

POLICE_DURANGO_UVW_FRONT.jpg

Got the brush guard on now, front textures look fairly good a few anomalies but they wont be seen unless zoomed in closer then em2016 will allow.  Tire treads and looking good,

POLICE_DURANGO_UVW_FRONTSIDE.jpg

Another view more from the side now.  The Police logo and side reflective striping is seen here.  Wheel rims and tire sides turned out good as well.  Still not too sure if I will make it all black with white doors and roof to copy the crown vic black and white design.  Rood slats painted black to make them stand out.  LED light is not shown in these pics yet.

POLICE_DURANGO_UVW_DRIVERSIDE.jpg

Another shot of the side.  "Highway patrol" unit designation.  Undercaraige still has the same textures, this will change and will be nothing but a flat grey.

POLICE_DURANGO_UVW_BACK.jpg

Rear shot of the durango.  Police interceptor decal and caution reflective chevron striping on rear.  Still some work to do on the rear as it is not to my liking right now.  I'm going to try and get a better texture for the tail lights.

POLICE_DURANGO_UVW_TOP.jpg

Finally a quick shot of the top.  

Still some work to go into the UV mapping and textures but its coming along slowly.

Hope all have a good day

William516

Bill

Delaware, USA

Long time no see everyone.  I have continued work on this model for the Durango interceptor and have now changed the colors as well to match the black and white crown vic model.  Here are a few more shots of the vehicle as well.  The interior has now been merged into the vehicle as well.  It is just the basics with seats and steering wheel.  This is so when the doors are opened or the transparent windows are finally done you will be able to see the inside.  Hope to soon get it ready to import and assemble in the world builder.  

I am also aware now that it appears the game has updated and that NOT good for me as I can't get STEAM to update with this crappy conection.  So hopefully my buddy consti can fill in any missing pieces to the puzzle as needed.  Not sure how big the upgrade was or how much it fixed / messed up.  All i know is STEAM got locked up trying to update it and I had to termintate the program and go to offline mode only.

Here are some more shots

durango_ext_int.jpg

The new black and white makes it look so much better.  The basic of the interior are shown, with some textures applied and mapped.  Several interior textures are still being mapped so the double sided doors will go away.

durango_int1.jpg

Quick shot of the interior if the cam ever gets to pan down that far in the game.  Put textures of the actual speedometer and dash column on it so that it can light up at night through the windows.

durango_ledbar1.jpg

Finally the RED / BLUE led oval lightbar now finished.  I added side scene lighting (the texture if white led and NOT missing).  This is just in case anyone ever gets scene lighting to work in the game.  This is modeled off the newer designs the best I could and to keep the polycount down.  I think it turned out pretty good for now.  We will see when it gets in game.

Work continues as you see,  I also have a model of a dodge charger as well that is being built when not working on this or when i get to frustrated with this lol.  If anyone is good at uvw mapping and or getting things assembled and built in the game then please let me know.  I know Consti has his hands full so Im sure he wont mind the extra help.  Simply let me know.

Hope everyone has a great day

William516

Bill

Delaware, USA