Well, Im terrible at modding but love this website as its good for mods. Im British so obviously like British mods. I've downloaded the old Kent mod by accident on win rar as that is for some reason how every file downloads. Then I have managed to get Kent mod working but its the old version with the LA dispatch. I've got the new Kent mod which I have download with Mega so now I know what to download them on. But I can only download them onto win rar. Can someone please help me! Any info would be great.

Thanks.

Welcome!

Firstly, as you're talking about the Kent mod, I assume you're referring to Emergency 4 and NOT EM2012 etc. So I've moved this to the EM4 section. 

If you have the .rar file, which I guess you do, you open this with WinRAR and extract the files into your games mod folder. There's a button that says extract, or you can simply drag the folder over to the location. 

Hope this makes sense?

Well I download any file. For example London mod. I download it. Move it from win rar and on to my desktop. Then I put it in my mods folder. And it doesnt work in game. And the game doesnt even recognize it as a mod.  I try to open the file but all it says is windows couldn't open this file and would you like to search the internet to ways to open it. I do it and it says it cant find any ways. For some reason the kent mod worked??? Also the files appear as internet links and not files like the Kent mod? 

What file are you putting in your mods folder? 

So you download whatever file, say it's a .rar file. Extract the contents of the .rar.

If these contents are simply a normal windows folder, with various other folders inside, place the folder inside the games mod folder.

If the contents of the .rar is an .e4mod file, you'll need to install this using the mod installer.

The game won't recognise random files placed in the mod folder, mods have to have a certain file structure to work.