Lcpdfr5

good em5 mods

3 hours ago, Lcpdfr5 said:

cant wait for a EM5 L.A. Mod or a Las Vegas Mod

There unfortunately isnt either of those being worked on right now. Las Vegas is on hold while the author is on hiatus, and Hoppah, MikeyPI and NFK absoultely wont mod Em5. I too want to see mods for Em5 but I am not holding my breath.

Decided to dust off my version of EM4 and revisit the "good ole days" than I remembered EM5 was released, I was expecting to see great things ... boy was I disappointed. Not to mention it took me a minute to score though the endless raging post only to realize EM5 doesn't exist and is now known as EM 2016. So, now taking sometime to reminisce and look back EM4 would have probably suffered the same fate if not for Hoppah, the LA Mod and his ultimate decision to release the textures sprouting up numerous re-skins and submods. I'm also not to terribly surprised to hear Sixteen Tons Entertainment doesn't want anything to do with the English community, looks like the end for EM 2016 is inevitable aside from a few dedicated modders. That being said, is EM4 still going strong with mod support? I know a lot of old faces have moved on and I haven't kept up to see if any new blood has come along. I've checked the forums and everything looks good but figured I'd ask since EM 2016 wasn't as promising as I hopped.

10 hours ago, pyrofreak said:

Decided to dust off my version of EM4 and revisit the "good ole days" than I remembered EM5 was released, I was expecting to see great things ... boy was I disappointed. Not to mention it took me a minute to score though the endless raging post only to realize EM5 doesn't exist and is now known as EM 2016. So, now taking sometime to reminisce and look back EM4 would have probably suffered the same fate if not for Hoppah, the LA Mod and his ultimate decision to release the textures sprouting up numerous re-skins and submods. I'm also not to terribly surprised to hear Sixteen Tons Entertainment doesn't want anything to do with the English community, looks like the end for EM 2016 is inevitable aside from a few dedicated modders. That being said, is EM4 still going strong with mod support? I know a lot of old faces have moved on and I haven't kept up to see if any new blood has come along. I've checked the forums and everything looks good but figured I'd ask since EM 2016 wasn't as promising as I hopped.

although yes emergency 4 is still strong with modders and concepts, but don't forget that emergency 5 hasn't been around very long still. Eventually there will be  "new" hoppah that will do the same thing with emergency 5. we all just need some time to adjust to the new editor. the only reason hoppah was able to make the LA mod for emergency 4 so fast was because the editor was the same as emergency 3's. For right now I would suggest you play emergency 4 but keep an eye out for emergency 5 mods.

although yes emergency 4 is still strong with modders and concepts, but don't forget that emergency 5 hasn't been around very long still. Eventually there will be  "new" hoppah that will do the same thing with emergency 5. we all just need some time to adjust to the new editor. the only reason hoppah was able to make the LA mod for emergency 4 so fast was because the editor was the same as emergency 3's. For right now I would suggest you play emergency 4 but keep an eye out for emergency 5 mods.

Not around very long? It almost been two years. By the two year mark there where several em4 mods

11 hours ago, mr matt5432123 said:

Your blanket statement is a bit inaccurate unless you were actually a member on these forums during the 08/09 era, which by your 2015 join date I'm going to guess that is a no. When I joined in 2009 EM4 was vibrant with life, because of Hoppah. You are also semi - correct, yes EM3 and EM4's editors were somewhat the same, they were also quite different. I can vividly remember all the tweaks and changes that took place as we all patiently waited on the LA Mod to reach EM4 and even than it took close to a year (I believe) to get everything ported over. That being said, Paranoid already beat me to the punch, it's been two years and I haven't seen any major mods being released. Yes, the editor is new but that hasn't stopped this community or any other community. When EM4 was released completely new modding teams were created to create mods strictly for EM4 and those said mods were released within 2 years, I can remember a couple in depth German mods that were huge, on the same level as the LA Mod. I've also spent sometime searching EM5 / 2016 and people are quite pissed about the EM5 disaster. EM 2016 is now shrouded in displeasure as a lot of people who streamed / attempted to mod the game believe the developers have abandoned it. Which, is a valid point given the fact that EM2016 is basically EM5 with a few added features, which ultimately could have been added to EM5. Yet instead they decided to remove EM5 and move to EM2016. Give that and what I have read I can't see this game having a bright feature. I also don't think people need two years to "learn the editor" and I don't foresee any serious modding teams stepping up to mod for EM2016 when it has bugs still, not given the fact that EM4 is stable and still popular. Anyway, just my 2 cents as I said before I think EM 2016 had potential it's just sad to see how things have deteriorated so fast.

It's just due the fact that there are not too much modders for EM5 right now. On the english forums it is just:

Ben12 who does a hiatus right now and WilliamStableford who allready works on American Vehicles. But the possibilities are really great and it is possible to even get some hardcoded things changed right now by the developpers. I 'm about finishing my Android App which allows to manually control the Ladder from Tiller Truck (as I m more into Programming)

2016-06-03 07.47.22.png

It's just due the fact that there are not too much modders for EM5 right now. On the english forums it is just:

Ben12 who does a hiatus right now and WilliamStableford who allready works on American Vehicles. But the possibilities are really great and it is possible to even get some hardcoded things changed right now by the developpers. I 'm about finishing my Android App which allows to manually control the Ladder from Tiller Truck (as I m more into Programming)

There not much going on German side either. Nothing from winter berg modern the other big modern.

Basically two years and no player mods that I found that do anything for game or other wise.

Consti your work looks great at always.  As for the comment about nodding not doing much.  Well I would place the blame on the game developers.  Every single time that something is modded the game is patched to a new version of worse they release a new game and force you to pay for the update.  Every time they do this is messed up the mods or locks files that were locked before.  No help at least to me is ever offered from the developers.  I have written several emails and support tickets and get nothing.

One of the harder games I have ever worked on trying to mod.

William516

Bill

Delaware, USA

Consti your work looks great at always.  As for the comment about nodding not doing much.  Well I would place the blame on the game developers.  Every single time that something is modded the game is patched to a new version of worse they release a new game and force you to pay for the update.  Every time they do this is messed up the mods or locks files that were locked before.  No help at least to me is ever offered from the developers.  I have written several emails and support tickets and get nothing.

William516

Bill

Delaware, USA

Oh I agree hundred present on that. And not just the Patch

They basically changed everything so you have to start from scratch. On top of that the tools where not released with game but came and there little to no document. Then add the fact that they didn't add any new features or game play to game.

They might not planned to but they basically killed of modding for the newer game.

On 6/9/2016 at 7:05 AM, William Stapleford said:

William516

Bill

Delaware, USA

They're (race? national? something?)-ist, from what I hear. People have told me that they only take support requests from Germans, in Germany, in German, so I guess we got the (unfair) short straw.

I'm hoping that someone will make an Emergency- isq game, so that we don't have to go through the idiots over at Sixteen Tons. 

• Upvote 1

They're (race? national? something?)-ist, from what I hear. People have told me that they only take support requests from Germans, in Germany, in German, so I guess we got the (unfair) short straw.

I'm hoping that someone will make an Emergency- isq game, so that we don't have to go through the idiots over at Sixteen Tons. 

Do you speak any language other the. English? Maybe they only take German support because the people that need to provide answer only speak German, the official language of the country where there company is based and is likely the official language of said company.

On 6/26/2016 at 1:38 PM, theparanoid said:

Do you speak any language other the. English? Maybe they only take German support because the people that need to provide answer only speak German, the official language of the country where there company is based and is likely the official language of said company.

No, they know English, they give redirect answers in English. I've asked before; the helper wrote in perfect English but decided that I should look at a non- existent and off- topic help article, that was IN GERMAN.

I'm learning German, but my spelling would kill in seconds. And I'm not too far in my studies of the language either.