Ben12

Dutch Mod 3.0 Release and Future of American Mod

Hey i just have emergency 5 for an week or so now. And i like it very much. And if got the dutch mod 2.0 cuz ik ben nederlands. Then i saw this mod, im very exited to play 3.0. Are you still working on this. Or i just the whole emergency 5 dead (With dead i mean like no one plays the game no mods for it any more).

Marijn,

On 8/19/2016 at 10:38 AM, Rooie100 said:

Hey i just have emergency 5 for an week or so now. And i like it very much. And if got the dutch mod 2.0 cuz ik ben nederlands. Then i saw this mod, im very exited to play 3.0. Are you still working on this. Or i just the whole emergency 5 dead (With dead i mean like no one plays the game no mods for it any more).

Marijn,

Hello Marijn. (I'm going to guess you're Dutch from your name, I'm sorry I don't speak it) 

The mod is not dead. Although few play EM5 it is still not dead and so is the Chicago mod. However my computer broke and therefore for several months I was not able to progress with either of the two mods. I am planning a minor update by the middle of the month of September, and if all goes well a full update by October or even better if I can manage.

The mod has already been released, look in the files section of Emergency Planet. There is also a download link from MEGA somewhere although I forgot. That link may be dead.

12 hours ago, V!nce said:

I have bought Emergency 2017 recently and having the same problem as Mattcrazy. It's not possible to get a patient into the ambulance.

This bug is reported via the provided link earlier by me.  Hope it will be fixed soon, because the dutch mod looks really nice!! 

Hey V!nce,

I'm working on fixing some bugs and compatibility/integration with KillerConsti's Minimod. Unfortunately things have been slow, mostly due to time constraints. I'm hoping I can get a break around Thanksgiving (Nov 24th for those not in the U.S.) to work on the mod, just hang in there and hopefully it will be playable again.

9 hours ago, Ben12 said:

Hey V!nce,

I'm working on fixing some bugs and compatibility/integration with KillerConsti's Minimod. Unfortunately things have been slow, mostly due to time constraints. I'm hoping I can get a break around Thanksgiving (Nov 24th for those not in the U.S.) to work on the mod, just hang in there and hopefully it will be playable again.

Realizing how impressing the Mods are which KillerConsti is fabricating over and over again, I think it would be great to have his mods integrated/made compatible with the Dutch mod as well. For that matter it would be just as great if KillerConsti would participate or be willing to help you out in getting the job done.  

Cheers!!

Robert.

simply this tag is missing in the unitorderinfos:

"CanTransportInjureds"

the IMT looks after the patch like this

{
    "Format":
    {
        "Type": "em5_order_info",
        "Version": "1"
    },
    "OrderInfo":
    {
        // Intensive medical transporter (de: "Intensivmedizinishcer Transporter", "Rettungsbus")
        "IMT":
        {
            "Prefab": "em5/prefab/vehicle/ambulance_imt",
            "AvatarIcon": "ambulance_imt",
            "SelectionIcon": "ambulance_imt",
            "MiniMapIconType": "AmbulanceVehicle",
            "LocalizedName": "ID_NAME_IMT",
            "UnitTags": "Ambulance Vehicle Road IMT CanTransportInjureds",
            "OrderDepartment": "Ambulance",
            "OrderCost": "10",
            "OrderSpeed": "10",
            "UnlockCost": "0",
            "NumberAvailable": "5",
            "PersonnelSpace": "2",
            "StartPersonnel":
            {
                // This is a team with 2 persons
                "Paramedics" : "1",
                "Doctor": "1"
            },
            "PassengerSpace": "6",
            "HelpPages":
            [
                "TUTORIAL_HELPTEXT_BACK_TO_HQ_RTW",
                "TUTORIAL_HELPTEXT_EXIT_RTW"
            ]
        }
    }
}

and no, I dont want to cooperate with Ben12, because I dont feel like he's a Teamplayer

... I am not very impressed with the fact that you took this. Just so you know, I'm working very hard on trying to improve the mod, and although I appreciate that you have done this, I would like it if you stayed away from my projects. That means please, for goodness sakes, no Dutch Mod, no American Mod, please. I'm asking politely; I don't want to need to ask you again. Not only am I trying to make the modification different for the 3.0 release, I have a busy life, so the fact that I'm even trying to do the mod in the first place is hard for me. I'd like to feel that my work is valuable and isn't being overshadowed by a quick project that only FIXES the mod. But thank you for doing this anyways.

EDIT: Sorry if this seems like a rant. I'm sick right now and am not feeling like my normal self. 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Killerconsti said:

and no, I dont want to cooperate with Ben12, because I dont feel like he's a Teamplayer

I'm not going to get in an argument over this but it definitely looked like you were trying to release a fix to overshadow my work by doing it faster, which worked. 

I will say no more on that topic.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Rooie100 said:

Hello, 

It has been an few months that i whas active here. If got emergency 2017. and i wanted to ask if your still working on the mod and if it is compitble with emergency 2017

Marijn,

I'm sorry to say that I am no longer working on EM5 modding. There is very little in the way of support. Modding is difficult because of the constant updating by the developers, breaking the game. In addition I have little time as I find myself in a different situation than I was when I started working on EM5, and even when I do work, I am constantly overshadowed. I hope one day that I can make a similar, but independent game without the problems that EM5 has- If I do, I will certainly post on it here.

9 hours ago, Ben12 said:

I'm sorry to say that I am no longer working on EM5 modding. There is very little in the way of support. Modding is difficult because of the constant updating by the developers, breaking the game. In addition I have little time as I find myself in a different situation than I was when I started working on EM5, and even when I do work, I am constantly overshadowed. I hope one day that I can make a similar, but independent game without the problems that EM5 has- If I do, I will certainly post on it here.

I'm so sorry to hear this... :-(

Well, at least you tried. And it's always hard to see that the developers seem to neglect the modders' work over and over again, so that your work, time and efforts to get the job done, time and time again, are taken over by a new game update. That sure is frustrating.

For our Dutch players it's a deception to see that the Dutch Mod won't seem to be able to be played anymore. Just like YOU did back then, picking up the pieces where "FrozenOne" stopped working on the Dutch Mod, I hope (if not you) somebody else will give it a try again in due time. If so, just like I did with you both, I will try to support the maybe NEW Dutch moderator as well with my help, comments and ideas if so wished; either in Dutch or in English.

Nevertheless, I thank you for all your efforts and our personal contact through our PM, and I'm wishing you to have a very good new year. Next to that, I do hope you'll be back soon on the forum as a moderator again.

Cheers!!

Robert.

On 1-1-2017 at 1:39 PM, Ropie58 said:

Well, at least you tried. And it's always hard to see that the developers seem to neglect the modders' work over and over again, so that your work, time and efforts to get the job done, time and time again, are taken over by a new game update. That sure is frustrating.

For our Dutch players it's a deception to see that the Dutch Mod won't seem to be able to be played anymore. Just like YOU did back then, picking up the pieces where "FrozenOne" stopped working on the Dutch Mod, I hope (if not you) somebody else will give it a try again in due time. If so, just like I did with you both, I will try to support the maybe NEW Dutch moderator as well with my help, comments and ideas if so wished; either in Dutch or in English.

Nevertheless, I thank you for all your efforts and our personal contact through our PM, and I'm wishing you to have a very good new year. Next to that, I do hope you'll be back soon on the forum as a moderator again.

Cheers!!

Robert.

Hi Guys,

Just in case you haven"t noticed, but "Killerconsti" has done the players of our Dutch Mod a big favor by making us a fix to have the Dutch Mod working smoothly again with the latest Emergency patch (v3.0,2) so that our mod is also to be played with EM2017. Next to that, he repaired a few bugs that he found inside the the Duch mod as well. In his posting, Killerconsti stated us the following:

-----------------------------

Well I've found some time to fix some more bugs of the dutch mod

Changelog:

-the animation of the ladder truck and heavy rescue truck are fixed

-policeman can remove tape

-the brake of the patrol car is now working as intended

-Unlocked Door for paramedics with injuries (ambulance car)

-changed the main door of the ambulance to the backdoor (passenger door) to let doctors enter the vehicle

-dekonp use ABC Firefighters

-EM2017 eventpool is used in freeplay

-Policeman got some more commands which are required to solve new missions

-siren lenght reduced to make them stop after the vehicles have arrived their destination

-----------------------------

I'm sorry to tell you however that, as far as I know, Killerconsti did this for our group as a one time fix only. Still, who knows... The actual fix is to be downloaded here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9l7e5a2zbf2pwov/NL2.0_modification_fixer.rar?dl=0

I want you all to know that I just contacted Ben12 again through PM, trying to persuade him to reconsider the dicision he made now Killerconsti made us the fix, but I don't know if he would be interested again. 

Should he NOT be interested again (I will let you know of course), I'm hoping that one you guys, familiar with the EM5 modding, would think himself as being capable and willing enough to pick up the Dutch Mod and start working on it again, just like Ben12 did when FrozenOne-94 stopped working on the Dutch Mod that he was the original creator of. Be advised: although I am not a modder myself, I am very much willing and probably capable as well, to offer you my assistance with your working on the Dutch Mod. Should you be interested, please contact me through PM. For what it's worth: I'm Dutch.

Cheers!!

Robert. 

On 3-1-2017 at 2:30 PM, Ropie58 said:

I want you all to know that I just contacted Ben12 again through PM, trying to persuade him to reconsider the dicision he made now Killerconsti made us the fix, but I don't know if he would be interested again. 

Should he NOT be interested again (I will let you know of course), I'm hoping that one you guys, familiar with the EM5 modding, would think himself as being capable and willing enough to pick up the Dutch Mod and start working on it again, just like Ben12 did when FrozenOne-94 stopped working on the Dutch Mod that he was the original creator of. Be advised: although I am not a modder myself, I am very much willing and probably capable as well, to offer you my assistance with your working on the Dutch Mod. Should you be interested, please contact me through PM. For what it's worth: I'm Dutch.

Cheers!!

Robert. 

Hi Guys,

Referring to my message above, I need you to know that I received an answer from Ben12 regarding my request to reconsider his dicision to stop working on the Dutch Mod. Ben12 wrote to me that "he's still thinking about it" but, to me it seemed, the mail furthermore implied that I shouldn't get my hopes up too much. I replied to him that, in that case, I will try to find a new moderator who's willing to continue working on the original Dutch mod 2.0 that FrozenOne-94 developed at the time and left us, and now was being fixed by Killerconsti to work with the latest EM5 patch (3.0.2) in order to even play EM2017. As Ben12 stated in his message above, that the modding is difficult because of the new patches that are constantly being developed and that he's "always feeling overshadowed", I think I must assume that Ben12's "New Dutch Mod 3.0" is unfortunately NOT capable yet to play with the 3.0.2 patch.

No matter Ben12's (personal) reasons, there's nothing more that I can do other than just respect them - and I really am doing so. Although I thanked him personally in my mail for all that he'd done (for picking up the Dutch Mod after FrozenOne-94 stopped working on his creation, his continuesly working on the Dutch Mod (while staying in close contact with me) and his efforts to make the Dutch Mod better than it already was), I'm now also saying him "Thank You!" through this forum.

If any of you would think himself as being capable and willing enough to pick up the Dutch Mod and start working on it again, please let us know and, if so wished, I'll get in touch with you to offer you my help. Be advised: at this very moment there are 35 existing small mods and 31 existing big mods to be played with Emergency 4. As I understand, most of these EM4 mods are still being worked on to make them more realistic and more professional. Next to the wonderful mod creations Killerconsti is making for the original Emergency 5 gameplay, there is only our own Dutch Mod. And that would make this a grand total of just 2 big mods to be played with Emergency 5.

And what if the Dutch mod would go to waste and/or not to be developed any further?

If you think you can do the job, please respond!

Cheers!!

Robert. 

20 minutes ago, Ropie58 said:

Hi Guys,

Referring to my message above, I need you to know that I received an answer from Ben12 regarding my request to reconsider his dicision to stop working on the Dutch Mod. Ben12 wrote to me that "he's still thinking about it" but, to me it seemed, the mail furthermore implied that I shouldn't get my hopes up too much. I replied to him that, in that case, I will try to find a new moderator who's willing to continue working on the original Dutch mod 2.0 that FrozenOne-94 developed at the time and left us, and now was being fixed by Killerconsti to work with the latest EM5 patch (3.0.2) in order to even play EM2017. As Ben12 stated in his message above, that the modding is difficult because of the new patches that are constantly being developed and that he's "always feeling overshadowed", I think I must assume that Ben12's "New Dutch Mod 3.0" is unfortunately NOT capable yet to play with the 3.0.2 patch.

No matter Ben12's (personal) reasons, there's nothing more that I can do other than just respect them - and I really am doing so. Although I thanked him personally in my mail for all that he'd done (for picking up the Dutch Mod after FrozenOne-94 stopped working on his creation, his continuesly working on the Dutch Mod (while staying in close contact with me) and his efforts to make the Dutch Mod better than it already was), I'm now also saying him "Thank You!" through this forum.

If any of you would think himself as being capable and willing enough to pick up the Dutch Mod and start working on it again, please let us know and, if so wished, I'll get in touch with you to offer you my help. Be advised: at this very moment there are 35 existing small mods and 31 existing big mods to be played with Emergency 4. As I understand, most of these EM4 mods are still being worked on to make them more realistic and more professional. Next to the wonderful mod creations Killerconsti is making for the original Emergency 5 gameplay, there is only our own Dutch Mod. And that would make this a grand total of just 2 big mods to be played with Emergency 5.

And what if the Dutch mod would go to waste and/or not to be developed any further?

If you think you can do the job, please respond!

Cheers!!

Robert. 

Enough said? =D 

Hey Leandro,

Great to see you're "back in town"! =D

I've read your message earlier today but the content of your message didn't get through to me at once... Now it did, and I've visited your thread - it looks just great and also very familiar, 

I now WILL send you a PM, because I have a thousand questions and I'm sure we can help eachother out in the future with The Netherlands Mod. Our follow-up communication will ofcourse be within your thread.

Cheers!!

Robert.

As it seems, the Dutch Mod 3.0 has been removed from the forum. I can tell you however that if you'd still would like to play a Dutch mod, please read my story with further links and instructions:

http://www.emergency-planet.com/topic/21916-somebody-please-pick-up-the-development-of-the-dutch-mod-again/#comment-317781

Now the EM5 modder, "ItsLeandro", who was last year being active by developing the "Unlimited Units Mod" for EM5, took over the development of the Dutch Mod and created his own "The Netherlands Mod". You can read more about "The Netherlands Mod" here:

http://www.emergency-planet.com/topic/21915-the-netherlands-mod/

and find the download link here:

http://www.emergency-forum.de/filebase/index.php?entry/2615-the-netherlands-mod/

Mind you, the mod is still to be further developed.

Cheers!

Robert. 

Hi,

Reading your post makes me smile. I really am interested in your modding results to look at and to comment on. 

As you probably know, reading all my forum posts, I think it is fair to say that I consider myself being the stimulator on our forum to find and urge new moderators to keep on developing our Dutch mod; simply, because it's a great mod and the first and only active EM5 mod. For the third time now, I found new modders to continue with its development (2 times a Dutch modder and at the moment an American modder: "Ben12"). A few days ago a second American modder offered his services to help out with Ben12's further development on The Netherlands Mod (TNM), but sadly, until now he hadn't yet replied to the PM I sent him last Friday. As a matter of fact, Ben12 could use all the help he could get because his school studies also take a lot of his time.

I'm not a modder myself as I explained several times on the forum earlier. In the Netherlands, I worked as an ambulance driver for some time. So, therefor, I became familiar with the work and procedures of the Dutch EMS, Police and Fire Department, as well as their appearance in the field. Meaning: the colors, striping, emergency lights, numbers and texting of our Dutch Emergency vehicles and "Life Liners" (= EMS Helicopters), the looks of the uniforms of the Dutch first responders, Fire Fighters, Policemen and "Life Liner" personnel,  etc. etc. I offered myself as an advisor to the Dutch mod builders. We became a team and made the Dutch mod to what it is today! And, as I assume you are now also familiar with the looks and feel of TNM, you know where we stand and I am not ashamed to tell you that we could really use your help with the further development of TNM. 

So, whatever improvements you made on the models, you must understand it must be "in line" with our real-life Dutch Emergency vehicles. No offense, but using red and blue lights and American whaling sounds for sirens wouldn't be realistic for TNM. But maybe you already figured that out through YouTube footage. Should you still be able and willing to also work on TNM, I will send you a PM for further agreements to be made. I also would like to ask you now to post your further comments regarding TNM here: 

http://www.emergency-planet.com/topic/21039-bens-mods-new-dutch-mod-betterem5-american-mod/?page=2#comment-320478

I will inform Ben12 about your post. I'm sure we'll all get along fine. Mind you: I'm only an advisor to you mod builders and certainly not in charge or "playing boss" for that matter.

BTW: What is your first name?

Hope to hear from you soon - and please upload us your work.

Cheers!!

?

Robert. ?

Anything to help. I will get a video ready tomorrow to show some of the work I've done. No red/blue or north American lights. It's all blue lighting, with proper patterns ( although might not be entirely accurate to the European pattern, but its pretty darn close.) I also added realistic environmental lighting, and I'm just figuring out how to package it so everyone here can download it. 

I'll post video here when It's finished and you can decide if its good or not. Thanks for your reply. 

Nice to meet you, Robert. I'm Chad.