Ben12

Dutch Mod 3.0 Release and Future of American Mod

DUTCH MOD BETA 3.0 RELEASED! FIND IT HERE:  https://mega.nz/#!J4xyWLaB!tHSyPTiX4O48eFutjcePqToJ4P92q1rUhx1GNeHFTI0

REPORT ALL BUGS HERE: http://goo.gl/forms/yZFqshmJz1 I WILL NOT HELP YOU OTHERWISE!

Informatie -bestand in de Nederlandse taal: https://mega.nz/#!1lRgHBDZ!bvaeFlSwoZQhrfulXm_Xj18YFe1zswJwcAxfbRbX2es

DUTCH MOD BACK IN DEVELOPMENT!

Yes, you read that right. I am back to modding now that I have a new computer to actually deal with EM5, and I've made a few minor edits. These include less personnel in the firetrucks (such as the water tanker) which are supposed to have only 2 people or so. The dog vehicle and bomb robot transport glitches should be fixed, and I've reformatted some coding involving prefabs which should help with some barrier tape removal glitches and also add some new functionality to some vehicles. I am almost ready to beta- test. Please PM me if you would like to be a beta tester, although I won't be needing this many for such a simple update. If all goes without a hitch, the release date will be around 30 September.

Here is a plan for the next few updates:

Update 3.1: Release date beginning of September, functions editing, some editing of numbers 

Update 3.2: Add full integration/ support with Consti's minimod. Of course this might not happen, no release date yet.

Update 3.3: Add new textures for vehicles without a new texture and for the tow truck.

• Upvote 1

Hey Ben,

Reading your post, it is obvious why you'd go for the city of Chicago for developing your American mod. Interpreting the tone of your post, leads me to think you have a ton of ideas for the creation of the Chicago mod as well. And last but not least, considering the fact that both New York and LA are well represented in EM4, Chicago definitely will be a challenge to be developed. Especially in EM5/2016.

Also, let's not forget that our German friends are now making a EM5/EM2016 version of their (really impressive) EM4 Bieberfelde mod. Doing so, they promised to release their source codes to make sure that (new) EM5 modders, are being able to use these source codes freely for their own (future) mods to be created. I’m sure it’s going to be a really big step forward to all EM5 modders because, in this last year I learned from both “Godra” and “FrozenOne”, that the German modders are in very close contact with the SixteenTon’s manufacturer, regarding modding issues and how to resolve these problems. It turned out that the German manufacturer is very helpful to, alas only (??), the German modders.

I know you are most eager to receive those source codes, as probably most (future) EM5 modders are, so this surely will help you in making your Chicago mod probably perfect.

So regarding your choice for the Chicago mod, I'd say: Go for it!

I’m so glad that EM5 modding now finally seems taking a flight…

Cheers!!

Robert. 

17 hours ago, Ropie58 said:

Hey Ben,

Reading your post, it is obvious why you'd go for the city of Chicago for developing your American mod. Interpreting the tone of your post, leads me to think you have a ton of ideas for the creation of the Chicago mod as well. And last but not least, considering the fact that both New York and LA are well represented in EM4, Chicago definitely will be a challenge to be developed. Especially in EM5/2016.

Also, let's not forget that our German friends are now making a EM5/EM2016 version of their (really impressive) EM4 Bieberfelde mod. Doing so, they promised to release their source codes to make sure that (new) EM5 modders, are being able to use these source codes freely for their own (future) mods to be created. I’m sure it’s going to be a really big step forward to all EM5 modders because, in this last year I learned from both “Godra” and “FrozenOne”, that the German modders are in very close contact with the SixteenTon’s manufacturer, regarding modding issues and how to resolve these problems. It turned out that the German manufacturer is very helpful to, alas only (??), the German modders.

I know you are most eager to receive those source codes, as probably most (future) EM5 modders are, so this surely will help you in making your Chicago mod probably perfect.

So regarding your choice for the Chicago mod, I'd say: Go for it!

I’m so glad that EM5 modding now finally seems taking a flight…

Cheers!!

Robert. 

Thanks! A few people have had similar opinions with the creation of the Chicago mod over others. Thanks for the support!

Hey Ben

I would be interested in working with you on some of the models as long as you can deal with some of the communications problems that I have over here right now.  If you have seen I have several models that I'm working on with the little bit of free time I have.  Other then killierconsti I don't have any other support or help.  I'm kinda doing this out of desperation to see some vehicles in the game that I miss.  Most of my vehicles are 3d models and they need to be uvw mapped and or skinned.  I'm trying to make most of them so that ANY livery would be possible based on the names and color scheme.

Current models in development are

Ford Crown vic marked

ford crown vic unmarked

Chevy Tahoe marked

chevy suburban marked

F-150 police marked

SWAT armored 

Let me know if your interested or have some people interested in working with them.  I have not even tried to fix textures for roads and building for em2016 so that it would work for an American Mod.  

I try and post screens as things move along but the bandwidth here is horrible so pics are hard to get up.  

Keep up the great work and hope to hear from you or some member of your team.

William516

Bill

Delaware, USA

3 hours ago, William Stapleford said:

Hey Ben

I would be interested in working with you on some of the models as long as you can deal with some of the communications problems that I have over here right now.  If you have seen I have several models that I'm working on with the little bit of free time I have.  Other then killierconsti I don't have any other support or help.  I'm kinda doing this out of desperation to see some vehicles in the game that I miss.  Most of my vehicles are 3d models and they need to be uvw mapped and or skinned.  I'm trying to make most of them so that ANY livery would be possible based on the names and color scheme.

Current models in development are

Ford Crown vic marked

ford crown vic unmarked

Chevy Tahoe marked

chevy suburban marked

F-150 police marked

SWAT armored 

Let me know if your interested or have some people interested in working with them.  I have not even tried to fix textures for roads and building for em2016 so that it would work for an American Mod.  

I try and post screens as things move along but the bandwidth here is horrible so pics are hard to get up.  

Keep up the great work and hope to hear from you or some member of your team.

William516

Bill

Delaware, USA

Cool! If you need some help importing, please contact me. I need a model to test and try to get it in the game.

Just now, PJJW said:

erm im not sure actually

My guess is that you may have installed it to the wrong location, this leaves you with 2 options

1. (not recommended) scour your game files looking for the mod and delete it then install it to the correct location

2. (recommended) I think the best thing is to fully reinstall the game and re-download the mod, then install the mod to the right location

Remember, install all mods to  C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Emergency 5\data, or where ever your em5 data file is located.

3 minutes ago, mr matt5432123 said:

My guess is that you may have installed it to the wrong location, this leaves you with 2 options

1. (not recommended) scour your game files looking for the mod and delete it then install it to the correct location

2. (recommended) I think the best thing is to fully reinstall the game and re-download the mod, then install the mod to the right location

Remember, install all mods to  C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Emergency 5\data, or where ever your em5 data file is located.

Yup! But it's much easier as you have the mod launcher, it's just drag and drop from there.

I sent PJJW a PM. Thanks for your assistance.

23 hours ago, Quaxo said:

Hey Ben12, is the American Chicago mod still being worked on? I liked the vehicles in E4's LA and NY mods, so having that in E5 would be cool.

Yes. Unfortunately my computer has been having some issues and I have a life outside EM5 (who doesn't?) so progress has been slow on the Chicago mod. It's still being worked on, so is the Dutch Mod, just that I haven't had time recently. But in a few weeks, I'll have some time to spare and will work as much as possible, if my modding computer works again. And in a few months, I'm taking an at- home vacation, and I'll have a bit more time then.  

Awesome. Yeah, I know how time consuming it can be. I make mods for other games, so I familiar with how tedious it can be sometimes. Don't be afraid to reach out to the community. I'd be more than happy to help any way I can because I really want to see this happen.