Kokiri

Beginning to Mod

Hi guys,

As of next year i'm doing a course in Computer Games Development for Uni and I thought I might as well start learning by using a game I love playing [EM4 basically.]

I'm planning to make a mod based either on Liverpool/Merseyside or Scotland but I want to begin with retexturing the vehicles/uniforms and such on towards editing the map, stations, adding scripts and such to make it look like wherever the mod is based! 

What i'm asking is what would I do from the steps onwards to make it public and such? And any tips and advice would help

• Upvote 2

You need to first learn how to create a modification in the editor. There are tutorials on the site for that. Second would be to create a new vehicle in editor using an existing one as reference, then getting said 'new' vehicle into the game as a playable unit. There are tuts for that too.

For step 2, you will need an existing model (v3o file + texture) to use. There are plenty of European vehicles available in the German forums. There are tutorials for 'painting' the bare metal on the skins to have the police/fire/whatever decals of the department of your choosing. Good luck with your modding attempts.