Poll Test Topic Please Vote Regardless.

Please Vote for this question: Question 2  

25 members have voted

1. 1. VOIDED-Disregard.

• VOID
    • VOID
  2. 2. Question2 v2

• This is a really really bad bug =-(
    • Turned on Multi choice, so vote again and see if it lets you... Otherwise IPB has to fix this.

Please vote for this topic regardless; In about 1 day I will change the poll, then I ask the people who voted before to vote again once it changes.  Will repost when the poll changes.

Either way I had to make sure people could vote for something.. If I put something disgusting people wouldnt vote both ways =/  I voided your question in your topic so hopefully people won't vote for that first one (for now anyway)..... Once this question runs it's course we'll see if the bug exists in the software or what.   If it does hopefully IPB has some type of update they can do to fix it. Sometime tomorrow I'll edit the thing and we'll see then.

vote for question 2, voided the first one...  Tomorrow; will change question again, those who voted previously I would appreciate voting again.

changed a flag setting on the poll, try to vote for this again, only people who've voted for the first one need try again.  New votes won't really matter since they were not involved in the original.  I think this is a pretty serious bug from the looks of it.

Yeah we'll have to contact IPB regarding this if nobody else can vote because this isnt something we can fix unfort.  Remember only those who voted in the first polling are who should try again.  All others don't have to do it.

To those who helped with this test, thank you for taking the time to do so, it is appreciated.  Unfortunately, for the time being polls are going to remain bugged until the board provider (IPB) comes up with a viable solution for this issue.  The best alternative methodology which will have to suffice for now would be to create a topic in the off-topic section of the forum... (I will create a sub-cat there in a moment for topic polls).  When you have a question you want to ask via polling, just put the question in that place as a new topic as the example below shows providing a link to the poll in your real topics... Once the poll has ran it's course, make a notation within the poll topic that the poll is closed and a staff member will remove it when they can get to it.

Topic Title: EMP Retro Mod:  Which era of time do you prefer?

A. Roaring 20's

B. 50s

C. 70s

D. 80s

Vote below this post with a single choice selected. (or multiple if applicable to the question.

Alternatively, you could create a new poll within the new topic and use the system, but to be blunt at this time I would not trust it to be reliable since if you edit the question in that situation, as seen in this test it does void out some participants that would've answered already on the original question.

Once it runs it's course just note that it is concluded, one of the staff will eliminate the topic when we see it... This way, it's not cluttering your topics up with posts and allows a temporary solution that is easier to manage until some alternative can be found by the makers of the forum software.

Sorry for the inconvenience with it, but it is unfortunately out of our hands in that regard.

The temporary subcat of offtopic will be called "Temporary Topic Polls"

It's an IPB issue, not a local one, so until the developers of the board software can repair the problem there is not much we can do about it for now... For a band-aid solution I just created a location in off-topic to post polls related to a topic.. Hence my response above yours with how to set them up in an example.  For now, just create your polls here: http://www.emergency-planet.com/forum/148-temporary-topic-polls/ and once they've ran their course just note they are completed and a staffer will delete them.  Not at all an ideal solution but it's what we have to do for now until something else can be done by the devs of the board.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.