William Stapleford

WIP Crowne Vic Black and White

2 hours ago, mr matt5432123 said:

Whoa! that is amazing!

I agree. Keep on rocking Will! (You can take your time perfecting the CPD cruiser. I'm having issues with cooling and it's really affecting my testing enviroment.)

^No one saw that!!! (Unless you aren't crazy angry over it.)

Yeah well a few things that I never thought of.  I'm hoping to also make a tutorial covering all I have learned and you taught me as well for English forums of all the LITTLE things that need to happen to make all this come together.

As for making it playable I'm working on that later tonight when I get back from guard duty.  Then I hope to get the files sent over to Consti so that he can do as he needs with the equipment or as needed for his mod.

The Chicago model is being prooptimized in 3ds max due to the massive polygon count of the original crown vic model.  I'm seeing how much more I can cut out for better frame rates.

Is there a way to tell what the original models counts are in the world builder?  I know at the lower right it says triangles and I think the tanker truck shows 114000 triangles but I'm not sure if that's actually the real count.

Until it's playable I won't know how bad it is on frame rates.

William516

Bill

Delaware, USA

from what I've seen on your photos, the polycount should be allright. It should work pretty good. As rule of the thumb you shouldnt go over 20k. My only model where I know the count is my DAF truck. It is about 13 k (the wheels have 600 each... quite a lot). (I've also read about 70 k Polys lately)

And you missunderstood me. Your equipment is allready working. I tried to ask you if you are glad of me releasing it within my mod.

Hello to all, sorry for the delay.  Things have not gone well with this relocation.  Can't say too much more but things have been busy.

Due to bandwidth issues and other unforseen problems I have sent an email to Consti and have asked and given him permission to update and get a video posted of the crownvic.  Without him it would never have made it this far and surely would have given up on it.

So hopefully he can get the mod in download form so people can download and enjoy it.  

The CHP version will be back burnered for now due to the CHP mod being put on hold.

However I'm still hoping to create a few versions and get the lighbars released for anyone to use.

William516

Bill

Delaware, USA

CFD

Updates that I can give for now.  Check with Consti.  I have been working with him on this.  Without his help I would never have seen the vehicle in the game.

I do not know if it will work with the newest patch the Steam is forcing me to download every time I try and work in world builder.

I think he has it in his mod that he was working on.  Maybe it would be possible to release just the car as a mod.

I have the files he sent back to me when he had corrected and added things I did not have, but I don't have any internet except via phone and it is slow, so loading it to this site is prob not going to happen.

Consti if you want to chime in here feel free.

Everyone have a safe and great day.

William516

Bill

Delaware, USA

I m waiting for the release of Patch 2.1 before releasing it as a standalone (should be in Q2 2016) which might causes some backdraws with the existing files. The last thing I've done at the crownvic was to get the traffic bar to work (even if the crownvic looks in the wrong direction when redirecting traffic and the redirect traffic isnt implented in the vanilla game)

A first playable Version is included in the Minimod 2.2 where the Crownvic can be found at a Parkingplace in Berlin (but you cant order him because it would look strange^^)