William Stapleford

HOW TO PACKAGE MODS WITH THE NEWEST GAME VERSION

I see that some of the people have finally stepped up and are working with Em5 and EM2016.  Great to see and best of luck to all.  I would like to know if anyone knows the proper packaging of mod contents for either game.  I know that prior to the newest update i was able to simply drag and drop stuff and then package it.  Now it seems that everything must be packaged using a .svn folder and that is keeping me from being able to do much of anything.  Could someone please explain what is needed to package the mods.  I would also be interested in working with a few of the modders if they need help.  I'm good with the lighting and also writing some minor coding changes.  I still work on stuff in the little free time I have but with the VERY limited internet speeds here and lack of downtime I have not had a chance to really mess with anything other then stuff on my own computer.  I would appreciate any help or tips that you may have.  Adding extra vehicles to the game or simple objects has become a pain in the butt now that the newest version was released and I have still been working on that when i had time.  

Hope I will be coming home soon as I miss my small state but for now my mission is getting home.  Keep up the great work and feel free to message me or email me if your interested in trying to work through some stuff sometime.  also any help that you can provide would be great.

Thanks and have a great day to all.

William516

Bill

Delaware, USA

Good morning William,

Maybe you should try to get in contact with Ben12. He's working on the EM5 "Dutch Mod" now and, as far as I know, also having plans for making an American mod for EM5 as well. http://www.emergency-planet.com/topic/21039-bens-mods-new-dutch-mod-betterem5-american-mod/ That really would be my advise to you.

Cheers!!

?

Robert.

No idea, i avoid to use the editor

However in the asset browser (f11). You can create new projects/new assets. Then you can search for the content you want to work on (search bar in asset browser) and right click it->copy to asset package->skinning mode if you want this unit only one time OR duplicate if you want a second (new) unit. Finally you can right click your mod and select "Publish Mod" and it will create a .zip archive

If you have problems with saving content you might need this file http://www.emergency-forum.de/filebase/index.php?entry/2444-svn-hilfsdatei-em5-em2016/

It simulates a svn which is required to save things. (copy it into em5/data) folder

Still unsure if it was your question