Yoshe

Crashing to desktop

4 hours ago, Yohji said:

I can run Emergency 4 fine and well before, but when I update my computer to Windows 10, It crashes to desktop when I open the game. And I found out that I can't play or have low fps in some other games. 

http://www.emergency-planet.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=17282

http://www.emergency-planet.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=17283

i think the problem come from your graphic,...

?ERROR: The Vision engine requires support for the ARB_multitexture extension!
Please make sure you have the latest video drivers installed for your 3D card.
|Extension GL_ARB_shader_objects not available
|Vertex Buffer Object extension not found - disabling fast geometry memory!

^Means your current version of video card drivers don't have compatibility that the game needs.  Either try to find different drivers for the video card (older or newer) and see if they work.  Alotta older devices will not/do not have appropriate driver support in win10.  No different than any other OS when it's released.  You can try to find drivers for older versions of windows and they might work.  If I were in your shoes I'd shop for win8/8.1 drivers for the video card and try them on it. See if that helps to fix it.

If you rolled back your system (I probably would've at least tried finding the 8.1 drivers before I took that step unless the upgrade effected more than one item I used);  It is possible that certain things were not backed up properly/damaged in the upgrade process and return downgrade. From what I've seen online in tech forums it is rather common when downgrading to encounter issues with software/apps getting messed up trying to rollback.  Chances are you'll have to uninstall the game (manually delete the mods installed) and reinstall the vanilla game.  Once the original game is installed, try to play that as-is (no mods), from there add back in your mods.

I'm not surprised that rolling back resolved your issues. Should in the future you wish to do windows 10 you'll likely have to hunt around the web and find drivers from windows 8/8.1 for your video card in order to play older games (particularly budget titles).  10 is a new OS and as such doesnt have perfect drivers for it out there yet, though in reality win10 and 8 are very similar, so chances are the drivers for 8 would work just the same on win10. If your video card is particularly old, or cheap, they'll be less inclined to specifically support it when it comes time to develop drivers for win 10.  As is always the way, if something is outdated it gets less support in lieu of those which are more current and thereby more popular.  

I strongly suggest people with old/outdated tech give serious pause when upgrading OS, particularly if they have software/games they enjoy playing that may no longer function on the new OS, be it from driver issues or just the new operating system in general.  Remember, EM4 was a budget-title, and as such is already fairly fickle as games go in the first place, it is very sensitive to drivers; Games like EM4 unfortunately tend to have problems with updates to a machine, be it a whole new OS or even something as simple as a new driver version.  If you value older software, especially in the budget class, you have to make choices about updates very carefully if you wish to avoid conflicts/problems. Likewise, if your hardware is pushing it in age, it might not be the best idea to upgrade the OS because of the lack of proper driver support in the new OS since it is not beneficial to a company to continue to support what they deem "outdated" technology.