Killerconsti

KillerConstis Mini Mod [February Update]

On 2/29/2016 at 0:05 PM, Hélio Bilac said:

hey guys, why do not make a new mod with mechs, used for police, firefighters, and bandits

like a anime "Patlabor"?

I'm guessing by the fact you created multiple posts about this, you were serious...

This is an Emergency series game. If you want people with 'mechs' you're definitely looking at the wrong game series. You would be better off looking at some futuristic FPS game or something...

• Upvote 1

Thanks, even for just beeing your second choose

as the upload is still pending I've attached the files

http://www.emergency-planet.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=17508

http://www.emergency-planet.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=17512

404920_2016-03-05_00014.png

404920_2016-03-05_00011.png

T5-textur fertig.png

animationen.png

Screenshot 2016-03-12 15.40.23.png

Screenshot 2016-03-12 15.44.12.png

Features of Version 2.2

• english translation
  • manual connecting and disconnecting of hoses
  • CrownVic has been hidden in Berlin smile.png
  • RV and Tanker have a 4 man crew
  • events can be aborted if the HQ is selected

Mirror #1

http://www.emergency-forum.de/filebase/index.php?entry/2514-em5-minimod-2-2-stand-mai-2016/#5736ea10b4479_0

Mirror #2

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B25PnL4jVYIZOThwaF80blhseU0/view?usp=sharing

Killer you have done the unthinkable with emergency 5/2016 with the now adding of a actual working patrol, take into custody, and adding units faster than the anticipated bebierfeild mod. I can't wait to see what you come out with next. No offense to ben when I say this but you might become the starter point for all mods for Emergency 2016 good luck and keep up the work.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, StevenKent said:

Killer you have done the unthinkable with emergency 5/2016 with the now adding of a actual working patrol, take into custody, and adding units faster than the anticipated bebierfeild mod. I can't wait to see what you come out with next. No offense to ben when I say this but you might become the starter point for all mods for Emergency 2016 good luck and keep up the work.

No offence taken. I like to think of it as Killer does the hard work (scripting), William does the skinning, and I just provide ideas, mash it all together and make it look good. 

Hi Consti,

I've been following your work for some time now and I just need to ask you, because I really don't understand. But that is obviously because I am not a modder my self as you know.

All those wonderful mini mods you're making and showing us and whiping us of our feet with, (well, at least I am still trying to get up again ? ) what is it that we, as non modders and just being simple EM5-players, are to expect of these mods? Are these mini mods yet to be downloaded, installed and used/played in the German EM5 game itself, or are these mini mods only to be used as being examples for the other modders to work with and/or maybe even to be integrated in the bigger EM5 mods they are developing themselves?

If, us EM5-players, are able to download these mini mods and already have them installed inside the German EM5-game to play with, please tell us where to download them. If that is not the case yet, please tell us what we can look forward to with your doing.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Cheers!!

Robert.

Well I have to tell you that the whole project is just called "Killerconsti's Minimod" and currently in Version 2.2. Which you can download a few posts ago. First of all you need to unrar the Container file. It contains a installation instruction and a short manual in English (by William Stableford and me) and german. It is fully playable and has right now tons of features. Which are listed at the mainpost of this thread (ninja update) or at the Download Mirror #1.

I offered a second Mirror to not force people to sign in into the other forum. But I wont submit my Mod at this forum as it will be regret (or simply not accepted?) like my other two attempts to offer a mod here.

To Install the hotfix, you have to unrar it, then install the hotfix like a common mod and replace both of the .dll files from the minimod 2.2 with the new ones (minimod/x64/...)

The only stuff that has to be done is a Voice Acting. Right now you have to deal with the german voices

Hope this makes sense to you

Here's just a video of the Connector in Action

Little Hint: If you hold Shift when manually Connecting , only one Firefighter will connect to the vehicle (in case you use the tanker as the watersupply for the connector)

Have a great Day

Consti

PS: Everyone is welcome to experiment with my mod and I would really like to see people getting started with modding.

Hi Stefan,

I've downloaded all the concerning files I need (I think), but still it is a bit confusing to me; dispite your explanation in your reply to me and your installation instruction. Also, I am familiar with installing EM5-mods in the "Modification" tab in the game.

Below, you'll find 4 printscreens I made from the following "situations":

• Printscreen 1, is showing the mods I downloaded and then placed in a overall map, named: "EM5 -killerconstis_minimod". Before that, I placed each of your  mods in a seperate map, and gave each map the name of the mod.
  • Printscreen 2, 3 and 4 are showing the contents of each seperate map and mod.

Would you please be so kind to explain me again, now looking at my printscreens, how to act in order to get your mods installed and working?

Hope to hear from uou again soon.

Thank you!

Cheers!!

Robert.

http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/monthly_2016_05/574b29756820f_Prt.Scrn.1-KillerConstifiles.jpg.85006b44d61b0f44f334912434b8fac3.jpg

http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/monthly_2016_05/574b2975c9aad_Prt.Scrn.2-KillerConstisMinimod2.2Container.png.683529026c3a04455474a9ecad040b00.png

http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/monthly_2016_05/574b297624b1d_Prt.Scrn.3-MinimodCodeC.png.7d1e3e3f0e02b79d8c135aa53d7046fd.png

http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/monthly_2016_05/574b29767067a_Prt.Scrn.4-minimod_container_hotfix1_version2_2.png.4081a0eda98dc2616c7d609f0e4ea6aa.png

http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/monthly_2016_05/574b29756820f_Prt.Scrn.1-KillerConstifiles.jpg.85006b44d61b0f44f334912434b8fac3.jpg

http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/monthly_2016_05/574b2975c9aad_Prt.Scrn.2-KillerConstisMinimod2.2Container.png.683529026c3a04455474a9ecad040b00.png

http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/monthly_2016_05/574b297624b1d_Prt.Scrn.3-MinimodCodeC.png.7d1e3e3f0e02b79d8c135aa53d7046fd.png

http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/monthly_2016_05/574b29767067a_Prt.Scrn.4-minimod_container_hotfix1_version2_2.png.4081a0eda98dc2616c7d609f0e4ea6aa.png

Prt.Scrn. 1 - KillerConsti files.jpg

Prt.Scrn. 2 - KillerConstis Minimod 2.2  Container.png

Prt.Scrn. 3 - Minimod Code C++.png

Prt.Scrn. 4 - minimod_container_hotfix1_version2_2.png

To install the minimod

a) have you tried to follow the guide  "Installation Instructions English.pdf" (Picture 2)?

• open modlauncher and "drag anddrop" killerconstis minimod (picture 2) and minimod_hotfix_version_2,2 (Picture 4)
  • the stuff at Picture 3 isnt needed, it is source code for the plugins i ve written

Additionally you need to overwrite the default.rml - file
After unpacking “KillerConstis Minimod Container.rar” you’ll find a new EM5-folder. You have to copy and paste the EM5-folder into your -Installationpath/data“. Changing this file allowed me to include new MouseOver-Cursors. You shouldn’t need a backup. However if you really want to make a backup simply add “ _backup” to the file being replaced. This will allow you to return to the original file if for some reason this mod causes any problem.

Finally the last step:

Go to this location

C:\Users\Stefan\AppData\Roaming\Promotion Software GmbH\EMERGENCY 5\mods

(or the install direction)

and replace the two dll's which you find in the minimod folder (which was created by the game when you dragged and dropped the zip files) with the ones from Screenshot 4

Here's some of the upcoming stuff:

Note that the ladder can allready extend and the pistons kinda works now (95% accurate)

Hey Stefan,

Thanks again for your reply.  For me, working with these printscreens, was the only way trying to explain my problem to you. Taking the printscreens along in your reply, now made it all clear to me. I'm sure this all will work now. I'll get on it tonight and I'll let you know.

A few more questions, since I now will start working with your mods for the very first time (shame on me!)... 

1. Will your mods also work with each mission of the EM5/2016 games or are they "only" working in the "Freeplay" game?
  2. I just watched your latest YouTube film with the turntable ladder working astonishing fluid and professional (just wow!) and I noticed indeed that the silver colored pistons, needed to push the ladder up in the air, are "coming loose" from its red piston holders - so, like you said: "kinda works now (95% accurate)" . Although I am not quite sure, but I think I noticed a seat next to the Tiller. If so, wouldn't it be a nice idea (before before being able to steer the Tiller by hotkeys) to have a fireman taking this seat first, in order to steer the Tiller?

Stefan, please see me as an enthusiastic participant in delivering ideas for making mods as professional as possible  (compared to real life), as I also did at the time with the development of the Dutch mod  by  FrozenOne-94. Now, looking closely at the ladder, I also noticed that I did not see the two "arms" on each side of the ladder coming out first. Excuse me for not knowing the exact English word for these "arms" but I'm sure you'll understand. They are placing big square plates on the ground with their build in pistons, to put and position the ladder firmly to the ground before activating and steering the tiller itself. Please be convinced, I am not trying to play "the wise guy"  here...

I hope to hear from you again soon.

Cheers!!

Robert.

Will your mods also work with each mission of the EM5/2016 games or are they "only" working in the "Freeplay" game

you can use everything in the campaign, however i didnt rebalanced it yet

@#2

the hydraulic cylinders and pistons are the most difficult part. As you have to do some math to align them in the correct way (this is called "LookAt - Unit/Bone "). And even with the math homework done it didnt worked 100% so I used square functions to fix the angles which didnt worked too good

This is the current progress:

-pistons and hydraulic cylinders working

-support legs work (with sound)

-extending the ladder works

-sound is right now undoable (if you want to control by hotkeys)

idea of the steering: yes ino but I wanted to do the mandatory stuff first :). Finally I have to admit that I dont know yet how to move the guy from the ground into the seat (teleporting would work :). Btw: Tecprofi and me had the idea to control the tiller/a excavator/the crane with a app from the tablet but that has no priority right now

Thanks for the input Ropert

from a Android Tablet.

http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/monthly_2016_05/screenshot_2016-05-30-16-20-09.jpg.b0027ce8be43a2cb3ccd3e6d478c1e30.jpg

screenshot_2016-05-30-16-20-09.jpg

Hey Stefan,

In your reply, you now showed me a new picture of the tiller with pistons positioned correctly and the support legs activated. Does this mean you sorted out the problem? If so, chapeau!!

Thinking out loud now, and being no modder myself as you know, I just wonder: 

Is the problem just HAVING the fireman POSITIONED in the seat in the first place or is it the problem more like HOW to get the firemen into the seat next to the tiller for steering the ladder in a natural way? - like seeing him walking towards the engine, climbing it and then taking the seat.

If just having him seated would not be a problem for you, then maybe the problem of "getting him there" could be solved in two steps. Mind you, I am aware that it is "easy talking" for me, but seeing what you are capable of, you might think that my suggestion could be doable.

Noticing your development of new icons in your mods, maybe the development of a new icon might be an idea to have a firemen positioning himself next to the left rear side of the engine (first step). The icon is to be placed in the right downside corner of the screen or in the action menu of the fireman himself (activated by rightclicking the fireman). A second new to be developed icon would then have  the fireman "simply" being placed ("Teleported" if you like) in the seat next to the tiller. I think that players could live with this solution.

Please let me know.

Cheers!!

Robert.

The update 2.3 is available right now. You have to update your game to the version 2.1 before you can use it, The hotfix isnt needed anymore with the new update (but I m sure there will be soon a new hotfix which adds some of the missing icons and accitvate the floodlight equipment)

important, the tiller trucks has two modes now:

to  trigger the manual mode (only possible when it is not deploayed)

->Numpad Comma <-> extend the support legs

->Numpad multiply and divide rotate the stage (only possible when the ladder is not crewed)

->then crew the truck with two guys

->then use the button Numpad 4-9 to control it and the mouse to start the extinguish/cool action

-> undeploy it in the opposite order

in case you  got graphic problems like a black minimap - clear the cache @ C:\Users\Stefan\AppData\Roaming\Promotion Software GmbH\EMERGENCY 5

http://www.emergency-forum.de/filebase/index.php?entry/2514-em5-minimod-2-3-stand-juni-2016/

Have a great day, and enjoy the new patch.

For the programmers:

-the latest source code from Version 2.3 is also available right now (same download link)

-the sdk has new and really valueable snippets