MetalJaw1090

Crash to desktop.

Everything seems fine when I load the game. Once I load the game I head to multiplayer and try to join up a friend. I either don't get in the friends lobby on time or I get in the lobby and the game crashes before we load up. I don't know what else I could do. I have tried many possible solutions to fix the game. Is there anyone that can help?

logfile.txt

DxDiag.txt

I am guessing you're not encountering issues in single player since you make no statement regarding issues there.

As to your issues in MP.  You guys have to use a program like hamachi to create a virtual private network which will let you connect/play this game together.  The "base" game software for MP has not worked for quite some time, leaving hamachi the option to work around that to make it possible to play MP with other players.

Download hamachi from the net and read the instructions on how to set it up and ensure your friends have the hamachi software as well, you should be able to play then.  Just ensure you guys have the same version of the game (should be 1.3 for all users) and everyone is running the same identical mod.  Having 911:FR or EM4 or EM4 Deluxe doesnt matter, so long as they are all patched to the same ver and run the same mod.

Hope this helps, goodluck

Ahh, sorry, lack of information on my part. We do use Himachi and it does crash on single player as well. I should probably also note that I have three mods installed. Northview: South County v2.0.5, Habor City 4.6.1 Public, and the Enhanced Supervisor mod. If there is any other information that will be useful I will gladly gather it for you. 

What version is your game?  IE: 911:First Responders, Emergency 4, or Emergency 4: Deluxe?  Do me a favor and delete your log file from your game, try to load a SP game without mods and if it crashes upload that logfile so I may see it.

Also take note in the bottom I believe it's left hand corner of the splash screen for the game to view what version of the game it is (the main menu).

I just had you delete the log-file so that if it crashed with the vanilla (non-modded) game the logfile would be fresh and would generate a new report of what went wrong.  Your version of the game is the proper version so that is not an issue.

The default game takes less resources to run than most modifications do, most mods add so much new content that it makes the game's flaws much more severe. This game is not exactly optimized that well at all, with larger more complex mods it's quite common for users to experience performance issues and crashes, particularly users with lower-spec machines; when it comes to laptops it's even more common for users to experience problems.

In the case of your experience, here is what I suggest you do since your game is capable of operating normally as per your test.

1). Turn the log-file into a read-only document, this will make it to where the game cannot modify/alter the log file, and will prevent it from overwriting the logfile/info within the logfile.  There is really not a requirement for the logfile to be logging unless you encounter issues repeatedly, then I'll delete it and let it generate a new one to see what's going wrong.  Otherwise I leave mine read-only.

2). Try to play the vanilla (un-modded) game with your friends, see if you guys can get a decently stable experience with MP with the original game.  Realize though, that eventually (depending on system specs) this game pretty much eventually crashes on everyone's machines if left to run long enough.  The game has a memory bleed in it's original code, so unfortunately that in of it's self makes it eventually crash regardless; better machines last longer before the game dies, but they all do eventually.

3). Realize less is more, don't try to play the biggest and most complex mods online, particularly if you or your friends have older machines, as the bigger a modification is and the more crap that is in it, the more likely it is that the mod will tax the user's systems and cause the crashing sooner.  Smaller/lighter mods that require less performance tend to make for a better multiplayer experience with this game. 

4). When you decide to try to play move complicated mods, do so in steps, picking the lightest mods first (since they require less to run), something like LA mod is a good choice since it's older and has a pretty streamlined system.  From there you can try to go into the more complicated ones to see what the limits are of you and your friend's machines. 

5). Make sure the strongest connection and strongest machine is the host:  If the host has the worst computer of the lot, the MP experience won't last very long since his computer will run out of resources long before the other systems involved.  If the host system crashes, everyone involved in the MP crashes, bear this in mind.

I have a feeling that it's performance instabilities that are getting you guys, the MP experience for this game is rather un-optimized and as a result quite buggy, adding mods to the mix just makes the starting situation worse off (albeit more fun).  If you guys are running laptops for example you'll encounter more performance problems and as a result more crashes so you really have to slowly step into the mods to figure out what your systems can handle.  Sometimes lowering the performance settings can help extend gameplay, but that's not a 100% thing.  Understand some mods arent optimized at all and have a ton of needless files, redundant files, and fat that was never trimmed for whichever reason the author(s) decided, in those mods in particular performance related issues are quite common as are the crashes due to the lack of optimization in both the game, and the mod it's self.

When in doubt and having problems, don't necessarily assume it's the game that's broken, because quite often it's something about the mod which is either overwhelming your system, (like too many high-poly models, too many high-res textures, or complicated scripts that run all the time consuming resources).  If you encounter problems with a mod, try the game without the mod and see if it works reasonable stable, if it does it's probably time to contact the mod author(s) regarding the issues you're encountering.  I could act as though we are all-knowing, but when it comes to mods, if we did not make them, it's hard to say for sure what's causing issues when it comes to stability and performance, that's a question best conveyed to the author of the thing.

Best of luck, hope this information helps you.