bama1234

New layout suggestions

11 minutes ago, bama1234 said:

Loving the new layout. I like the "flat" theme, and everything seems to be running smoothly. My only suggestions would be to change the red parts to a more vibrant blue, and to bring back the window that shows people's status updates. I miss that feature

You can change that yourself: See the paint brush @ the top of the menubar... That lets you pick your own colors for this theme, along with background settings etc.

1 minute ago, TheVolume said:

I liked everything but the profile pictures are no longer HD resolution

New versions=new things, some good, some bad... Kinda gotta take both with what you get unfort.

Good work guys! The new forums look realy sleek!

Only one thing I noticed..

I've changed the colors to Blue and black. But when i visited the new forums later this day the colors had changed back to Blue and red?

Is there some sort of remember my prefences option?

9 hours ago, EmC-Unit said:

Why i can't cast replay in my Miami mod topic? (there are no field for doing so and only start new topic button) .

+ Maybe lets get back square avatars?

The permissions glitched when the update occured; it should be resolved now and appropriately permit replies now instead of new topics.

I don't think we can get back square avatars, images are still stored in square format, but appear as circles.. Not sure if we could change this or not.

6 minutes ago, DMC said:

Good work guys! The new forums look realy sleek!

Only one thing I noticed..

I've changed the colors to Blue and black. But when i visited the new forums later this day the colors had changed back to Blue and red?

Is there some sort of remember my prefences option?

I have a feeling it's more of a cache issue than anything else.. When I first logged into the new board it kept reverting back to the "original" default settings, then eventually it ceased doing that and preserves my settings.  Today it flipped back to default but has not since I reset it.  Strange but I believe it's a result of the cache settings of your browser using what is stored in it's cache.

On 1/24/2016 at 7:50 PM, MikeyPI said:

You can change that yourself: See the paint brush @ the top of the menubar... That lets you pick your own colors for this theme, along with background settings etc.

Regarding that, is it meant to save your settings? Since it puts it back to the default colours when I restart my browser. 

As I said I have a feeling that it's related to people's browser's cache settings using the original (default) scheme because it's what is originally cached for it.  Mine saves as it's supposed to, but for example today (after my cache cleared) it reverted back to the default.  It does save the setting, but appears to be cache related as to why it seems to want to revert to the default setting.

9 hours ago, MikeyPI said:

As I said I have a feeling that it's related to people's browser's cache settings using the original (default) scheme because it's what is originally cached for it.  Mine saves as it's supposed to, but for example today (after my cache cleared) it reverted back to the default.  It does save the setting, but appears to be cache related as to why it seems to want to revert to the default setting.

Apologies, didn't read through the whole topic and see that. I'll take a look at my settings and see if it's doing anything.

1 hour ago, EmC-Unit said:

Holy **** it is lagging to make a new replay, i had to reload the page for 6 times, and after i type the replay, it don't post it. i am very angry

It don't save the edited version either. i am shure you won't fix that

Do you actualy realise you are not paying to visit the site and that we are doing this for free in our free time? I had no issues myself with the forum itself yet. 

So what I will first ask you is to clear your browser cache. Some things from the Old site might be still hanging in there. 

Second, please watch the way you post your frustration in future. Didnt we fix the reply/New post issue for you yet? Thinking about that. Thank you

Regards, 

Stan

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

Do you actualy realise you are not paying to visit the site and that we are doing this for free in our free time? I had no issues myself with the forum itself yet. 

So what I will first ask you is to clear your browser cache. Some things from the Old site might be still hanging in there. 

Second, please watch the way you post your frustration in future. Didnt we fix the reply/New post issue for you yet? Thinking about that. Thank you

Regards, 

Stan

Kinda helped, thanks. Well typing thing for 5 times andt rying to replay in about 18 minutes trying to fight a code is butthurting. Ive tryed 2 browsers and got the same, thats why i thought of new setup buging,

The issue you're describing is a "local" issue to you, we have staff scattered all around the world, which results in varying differences in connectivity to the site and thus far none have encountered any issues such as you're describing.  As Stan suggested, try dumping your cache, otherwise it could just be a connectivity issue for your ISP vs the host server.  

Frustrating as it can be, remember we provide this service for free without compensation so being rude to us certainly would not help your cause.  Yes, there are still some bugs we have to resolve, such as the one I already resolved that you pointed out with the posting issue which was related to the update.  Some things though are not within our control, such as connectivity between an ISP and the host server, we can only address our end should a problem exist on our side.  None of the staff have encountered this particular issue so unfortunately it is probably something local for you.  Hopefully it will resolve and work it's self out, sometimes that's what happens.

8 minutes ago, MikeyPI said:

The issue you're describing is a "local" issue to you, we have staff scattered all around the world, which results in varying differences in connectivity to the site and thus far none have encountered any issues such as you're describing.  As Stan suggested, try dumping your cache, otherwise it could just be a connectivity issue for your ISP vs the host server.  

Frustrating as it can be, remember we provide this service for free without compensation so being rude to us certainly would not help your cause.  Yes, there are still some bugs we have to resolve, such as the one I already resolved that you pointed out with the posting issue which was related to the update.  Some things though are not within our control, such as connectivity between an ISP and the host server, we can only address our end should a problem exist on our side.  None of the staff have encountered this particular issue so unfortunately it is probably something local for you.  Hopefully it will resolve and work it's self out, sometimes that's what happens.

I know i don't blame stuff, i am not new here, and mod for free, just because i like it. But belive me it was VERY laggy. I'll stay now on google chrome, it seems to open the site as it has to be (for exmpl the piant scheme buttons)

I don't doubt that you encountered an issue, I just believe it was a "local" issue unfortunately and not something which we can control or resolve for you.  I myself use chrome as opposed to other browsing options, so it is entirely possible there may be compatibility issues with certain browsers thanks to plugins and whatnot.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.