Ben12

Ben's Mods: New Dutch Mod, BetterEM5, American Mod

American Mod  

301 members have voted

1. 1. What city would you like the American Mod be based on? (Remember this won't force me to choose the winning city.)

• Los Angeles
    • Miami
    • New York City
    • Las Vegas
    • San Francisco
    • Washington, D.C.
    • Pittsburg
    • Philadelphia
    • Houston
    • Boston
    • Atlanta
    • Chicago
    • Detroit
    • Phoenix
    • Dallas
    • Memphis
    • Seattle
    • Denver
    • Oklahoma City
    • Other major city not listed here out of the top 100 cities by population (write in comments, find the list I kind of used here: http://www.citymayors.com/gratis/uscities_100.html)

So as some of you may know, I'm doing some mods for EM5, after the demise of Frozen- One, this kind of includes the Dutch Mod (which I'm going to start rewriting as soon as I can manage to figure out some things for my Better Em5 mod.) I'm also going to be doing an American Mod if I can figure out how to add prefabs, but for you fans of Las Vegas, I will leak to you that it will not be taking place there . The reason why everything is on one post is because: 1. To prevent the excessive making of posts. and 2. Because I'm going to be combining most of my ideas from the Better EM5 mod into the Dutch Mod and American Mod. So, enjoy the latest update on the Better EM5 mod:

Better EM5 is now a launcher mod! YAY! I found out how to make a mod package (silly me) and it will be much easier to install. Will be uploading shortly as an update.

Dutch Mod: Coming soon, details will be added later. Will be a launcher mod too, most likely. Edit: If you have any Dutch vehicle models, please contact me so I can use them. EDIT 2: I am proud to announce that the Dutch Mod will be coming in a simplified version soon, probably by 2/21. Stay tuned!!!

The American Mod: I am leaning towards a New York mod as it is one of my favorite cities and preliminary results show the community would like this too. I will make the final decision when I am done making BetterEM5 and the Dutch Mod work perfectly. EDIT: Will consider a Chicago Mod, another of my favorites. Or LA. Maybe all three! But Chicago makes me think of Watch Dogs, although the idea of controlling the emergency services of a semi- futuristic city doesn't sound too bad. Any thoughts? Put them in the comments down below (that just sounds too Youtube). EDIT 2: Los Angeles and New York now tied? Amazing! I am now more certain I will be making multiple American mods in the near future.

~Ben12

• Upvote 1

Hello Ben,

I'm glad that see that it seems that you are the guy who's giving us EM-5 players some hope again. I'll be looking forward to your Mod. BTW: on January 5, I sent you a PM which you haven't replied to yet. Maybe it slipped your mind or you just didn't find the time to respond yet. But would you mind checking your mailbox again? Thank you!

Cheers!!

:holdglass:

Robert.

Hello Ben,

I'm glad that see that it seems that you are the guy who's giving us EM-5 players some hope again. I'll be looking forward to your Mod. BTW: on January 5, I sent you a PM which you haven't replied to yet. Maybe it slipped your mind or you just didn't find the time to respond yet. But would you mind checking your mailbox again? Thank you!

Cheers!!

:holdglass:

Robert.

Done.

Ben thank you for your time and effort i am playing long time now with your previous mod which is way cool the only think i wanted to ask which is crucial for me is that if you can to give an option for the HQ button to automate board in all the personnel injure people or arrested and then return to the base as Dartlak's plugin is doing, cause for me its a pain to board them all manually and sending them back especially in the challenge mode which i play all the time.Thank you so much for the endless hours of joy you have offered me with your fantastic mod. A FIREMAN/RESCUER from Greece.

Please, post your messages in English - so everybody can read them on this ENGLISH forum. Ben would not understand your question - he is American. I do have the NL mod for you. I could upload it to you, through "We transfer". If you want me to send you the file, please send me a PM.

Cheers!! :holdglass:

Robert.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Ropie58 said:

Please, post your messages in English - so everybody can read them on this ENGLISH forum. Ben would not understand your question - he is American. I do have the NL mod for you. I could upload it to you, through "We transfer". If you want me to send you the file, please send me a PM.

Robert.

Thank you for emphasizing that. I tried Google Translate but... it gave a nonsense sentence.

On 2/5/2016 at 2:27 AM, RangerDog said:

Its still an english + dutch forum but the dutch forums were removed ^^

The download is also on the download page :)

Well I must point out that it is likely it doesn't work.  And Dutch on this forum? Practically non- existent, agreed. Although I'm still going to learn it to make sure I can understand some stuff in case this happens again.

On 2/6/2016 at 1:18 PM, Connor Brumleve said:

(Opinion) You should remove the following from the list because they are already mods or are being worked on:

New York City

Los Angeles

Chicago

Because/since those three mods have already been released or is being worked on, in my opinion you shouldn't have them on the list.

Wrong forum... THIS IS EM5 :)

But seriously, (if I know what you mean) just because they were made in EM4 does not mean they can't be made in EM5. Take, for example, the LA mod. That was originally a mod for EM3, then ported over to EM4, unless I'm mistaken. In fact, look at the popularity of the idea of having the mod in New York. And that's just the people who actually voted. Imagine the amount of people who haven't voted. Thanks for the opinion though. I like feedback.

34 minutes ago, Ben12 said:

Wrong forum... THIS IS EM5 :)

But seriously, (if I know what you mean) just because they were made in EM4 does not mean they can't be made in EM5. Take, for example, the LA mod. That was originally a mod for EM3, then ported over to EM4, unless I'm mistaken. In fact, look at the popularity of the idea of having the mod in New York. And that's just the people who actually voted. Imagine the amount of people who haven't voted. Thanks for the opinion though. I like feedback.

My bad i thought this was em4 I was tired when I made this post. If it is emergency 5 go ahead with any of them. Even though I don't own emergency 5 (yet) these are all really nice mods. I would say make a big starter mod like the LA mod as a good mod that everybody can use as a source and add their own stuff to it. That is my opinion though you do not have to do that.

9 hours ago, Connor Brumleve said:

My bad i thought this was em4 I was tired when I made this post. If it is emergency 5 go ahead with any of them. Even though I don't own emergency 5 (yet) these are all really nice mods. I would say make a big starter mod like the LA mod as a good mod that everybody can use as a source and add their own stuff to it. That is my opinion though you do not have to do that.

I do love the idea that people would like to see a good mod working for EM5 as well. And it does not matter whether it concerns the city of New York, Los Angeles, Chicago or any city for that matter. I recently understood that our German friends are about to release a "major EM5" mod which they are very proud of and, if I am not mistaken,  they would also upload it to this forum in due time. If that happens, maybe it would make the work of our EM5 modders of THIS forum a lot easier since they would not have to reinvent the wheel. :rolleyes:

But, since I am not a modder myself, what do I know? :nixweiss: 

Robert.

I agree with ropie EM5 and EM$ are two totally different launchers and games with different scripting ,however I am glad someone is bringing back one of the most sucessful and first mod for EM5 now my question to you ropie is since EM5 is now merged with EM2016 will you add the new unit from 2016 the Intensive Transport Ambulance to the models for the mods?

1 hour ago, StevenKent said:

I agree with ropie EM5 and EM$ are two totally different launchers and games with different scripting ,however I am glad someone is bringing back one of the most sucessful and first mod for EM5 now my question to you ropie is since EM5 is now merged with EM2016 will you add the new unit from 2016 the Intensive Transport Ambulance to the models for the mods?

Steven,

I am not a modder myself, so I am afraid I cannot help you there. All I do here on the forum is ventilating my ideas and making suggestions towards the real modders and sometimes giving comment whenever I think it is needed. Getting acquainted with the modders through e-mail, like I did at the time with FrozenOne-94, where he then opened up for my tips, suggestions, requests, comments and ideas, resulted in the much appreciated Dutch mod v2.0. Too bad, FrozenOne left the forum and that his mod stopped working after the release of the SixteenTons patch v2.0.2. We're all waiting here for the ONE modder that will succeed in getting this mod up and running again with the for mentioned patch. :( 

So, if you have any requests and or suggestions, just ventilate them here on the forum and maybe modders will pick them up. At the moment, I would put my money on Ben12; I know he's eager in releasing his so called  "BetterEM5" mod. My expectations, as well as his own, in his succeeding are high. So, just trie to contact him with your ideas, questions and/or requests and keep your fingers crossed...

Hope this will answer your question... for now.

Robert.

11 hours ago, StevenKent said:

FYI I'm the modder here. :) I will not use the intensive care ambulance, those things, although existing in real life, aren't really used very much. I just think it's not very realistic.

23 hours ago, mr matt5432123 said:

Hi, I think its great someone is finally making a good plan for the future of EM5 modding, Im eagerly (but still patiently) waiting for the American mod, BTW would you consider making an American airport mod?

Not really. I'm not too familiar with airport emergency services. My local airport (an international airport) is policed by the county sheriff and fire services are provided by the county fire department (which is a division of the sheriff's office). Not too sure about paramedics and technical services, that is going to be a bit hard as I don't know much about how they work in airports. But I have a good idea about callouts:

1. Terrorist attack.

2. Car theft in parking lot.

3. Emergency plane landing.

4. Pedestrian struck by vehicle.

5. Drugs smuggling.

6. Person broke security barrier.

7. Enviromentalists' protest over planes' impact on enviroment.

8. Luggage theft.

9. Person carrying contraband past TSA checkpoint.

10. Wanted felon attempting to escape by airplane.

And that's just ten. Some of these hinge on the possibility of creating new callouts, however.

3 hours ago, Ben12 said:

Not really. I'm not too familiar with airport emergency services. My local airport (an international airport) is policed by the county sheriff and fire services are provided by the county fire department (which is a division of the sheriff's office). Not too sure about paramedics and technical services, that is going to be a bit hard as I don't know much about how they work in airports. But I have a good idea about callouts:

1. Terrorist attack.

5. Drugs smuggling.

8. Luggage theft.

And that's just ten. Some of these hinge on the possibility of creating new callouts, however.

I see, well anyways keep it in mind for if you get bored after the Dutch and American mod are done, also once you are comfortable with emergency 5 modding you might want to make a few tutorials on it. Good luck! 

6 hours ago, Ben12 said:

1. Terrorist attack.

5. Drugs smuggling.

8. Luggage theft.

Wow!! Ambition, devotion and enthousiasm... What more could you wish for in a modder?!   Go kick some butt!! 

Cheers!! 

Robert.