brjanowich

La mod 2.1 unsolved problem

There is a glitch in the Hoppah La mod 2.1 for Em4 stock, NOT deluxe. I have installed it on 5 different computers from win95c to win10 with various video cards, single and dual core proccesors, etc. Have updated video drivers, installed directx 9 runtime files, etc. All show same error. " Dynlight.vsf 3.0.0.0 or higher required " and an error about " constrsign does not contain version number" ! I have even tried downloading the mod from different places other than Hoppah's site. This is not a problem with video drivers, cards, proccessors, operating systems, etc. It is a problem that is mod related. Yes, running em4 version 1.3! No, there are no other mods installed, yes tried without usin shortcut, yes tried moving out of program files, just incase. Yes added exceptions to windows firewall, anti-virus, even tried while both were disabled. Ran as administrator, shut down every process possible thru task manager. Sometimes happens in 5 minutes, sometimes in 1 hour but error in log file always same. NO, I won't post log files from 5 different machines! No point. Basically it must be lived with, unless you want to run on machine with exact same hardware as Hoppah, and I would not even guarantee that. Just didn't want people wasting time trying to fix something that doesn't have a solution. I will try Em4 deluxe but sure it will have same problem. Oh yea and I was smart enough to install the correct version for Em4 specifically. Campaign seems fine but both free play ar fubar! Either a La map problem or just a mod problem. Really cool mod though, a lot of time was put into it and I want to congratulate Hoppah for all his hard work and effort. This is not a complaint about this mod, is meant to just save time looking for a fix. Hope this post does not offend anyone. It's still fun even if it does have a glitch. By the way win7 thru 10 also say " graphics card temporarily quit rrsponding" but I don't know what type of card to try unless there is one that supports higher than pixel shader 3.0 and you can afford it. Congrats on all the hard work that went into this mod.

Redownloaded from the la mod site. Same problem, the only computer it doesn't crash on is an old laptop that shouldn't even run the game. Doesn't crash on that but la map has rainbow effects. I guess unless I buy a computer with exact hardware as someone who doesn't have this problem, there is no fix. Seems a lot of people have this problem and it isn't about graphics drivers being not up to date as old laptop doesn't crash and I have not used that pc for atleast 8 yrs. Lol nothing up to date on that one.

I would like to thank the forum, but since it was useless I won't. FYI all problems are not caused by video drivers or solved by redownloading. There is nothing wrong with admitting you don't know. I solved the problem by common sense and determination, something most people seem to lack these days. If I don't post again the fix is permanent!! Hope nobody else has this because if it's the same cause as mine you will never figure it out unless you have a college degree in computers and can write your own code.

Well, since you don't want to thank us, I'll be happy to explain why you didn't get any solutions to your issue. In the main technical support thread for the game in question, there's this announcement at the top, in all capital letters. You obviously didn't read it. 

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/forum-42/announcement-4-read-before-requesting-assistance/

So if you search the forum, which is step one, you'll find a topic from about 5 days before you posted your issue. Well the answer. 

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/topic/20973-ctd-when-playing-mods/

Scroll down to the bottom for one user's solution to your issue. There's actually a few topics with different fixes in place. 

You said you don't want to upload 5 logfiles, we don't want those. Usually one lets us see what's on the go. There's zero in this topic. 

There's also no dxdiag attached, so we don't have any idea what's wrong with your computer that would be causing these issues. We're taking your word that everything should be working, when in actual fact it is not, so maybe give us something to double check it. If you could figure it out on your own, you wouldn't be here. 

So ignoring those many things you left out, you need to take that chip off of your shoulder. Chances are you don't need a computer science degree, or similar to figure this out. You said the mod did work on one laptop, just not on the five computers you tested it on. Now considering how there's been 527,000+ downloads of this mod from THIS site alone in this iteration, that means that there's nothing wrong with the mod, but a mere compatibility issue with the mod and the PCs in question. 

Now, have you tried any other mods with the computer? The base game perhaps? This is another tool we can use to diagnose your issues. Well that is, issues with the computer. You stated that it is not a problem with the hardware, but instead the mod itself, which again, is not the case. So let's look at the five computers you used, you don't need to tell me which ones, but what hardware/software do they have in common in the way of video cards and drivers associated. The topic I so kindly linked found one of the pieces of software provided by the graphics card manufacturer. 

Since you solved the problem through "common sense" why don't you share EXACTLY what you did? Did it involve editing files in the LA mod package itself? Or did you do something with your computer?

Your attitude about this whole issue is absolutely childish, bratty and outright sad. Grow up and handle your problems a little more mature and maybe people will be more helpful. Come on to a website blaming the product they release, deny any help, and then brag you fixed it yourself and it was their products fault? Mhmm. 

You've been issued a warning for your childish behaviour, and since you find the forum so useless, feel free to never come back, or make it useful. This isn't an institution you need to be a part of. For you or us. 

(Hint, the quickest way off, assuming you're not on IE is to press ctrl/cmd+L and type some letters, then smash enter. )

• Upvote 1