Which Mod Should I start With?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should I start with....

• Albuquerque, New Mexico
    • Solberg-Huntington Airport, New Jersey
    • Jones Beach, Long Island, New York
    • Universal Park, Orlando Florida
    • Others

Welcome to the community, always more than happy to welcome in new content.

In response to your query about copyright issues, I don't believe this would at all be a problem. 90% of the mods available for the game are non-fictional and therefore are normally using logos, names and the like but none of them have had problems regarding copyright. While legally I'm not sure but I do think you'll be fine doing it.

Those are some interesting and unique ideas for mods. The game has been lacking a proper Airport Mod and I would love to see one set on a beach. Are you able to explain the Universal idea a bit more? How would it work, do you have things like security officers or first aiders on the park with the ability to call in local services from off-map etc?

I think that in the way of copyright issues, as long as you do not display the brand in poor light and charge (or accept payment) for the mod, you should be fine. None of the modders to my knowledge in this community have gotten issues with using trademarks on their vehicles in their mods. 

I too would like to know how you would go about a Universal studios mod. I think it would certainly be a different take, dealing with the daily issues, from minor emergecies, to major events like fires, and overnight things like people breaking in, vandalism, etc. Also have things like ride break downs perhaps to make use of a technical service. Wondering though how you would handle the thing that the game has in place that make it what we're used to. Realistically, the majority of emergencies would be responded to on foot there, as security and first aiders usually walk (perhaps have golf carts too) so how would that work out. There's a fair number of challenges, and I'd be interested in seeing how you deal with those more than anything else I think, 

In my little head... The Universal mod would be a "replica" of the real Universal in Orlando Florida!

There would be security standing around the map

2 staged medics in the park

A fire Cheif on stand- by

Engineers at some rides and others standing around

There would be incidents like

Medical:

heart attack

Pushed Civilians

Broken leg or arm

Fight

Shots fired at gate

Ect..

Police/ Security:

Fights

Shots Fired at gate- swat from off map

Terrorists attacks- call swat from off map

Vandalism

Ect..

Fire Department: (Off map)

Small fire (somehow)

Firework incident

BLS for medical

Ect...

Engineer:

Broken Down Rides

To shutdown a ride because of injury

Ect...

You can put suggestions down for me!

Maybe we can have supervisors that you can have run to a scene or golf cart or other transportation..

Or even workers to keep the flow of guests around the park.

Jack

Yeah.. I wanted to try a nice thing.. Its coming out okay.. I dont want to release anything yet.. Just incase something happens and my comuter explodes or somthing xD

Also..

Ill go over what each mod would be. Then reconsider* your votes

Albuquerque Mod-

The Albuquerque Mod would take place in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

The City of Albuquerque has 21 fire stations and 9 districts.. I would only do 1 or 2 of them.. Each district would have 2 or 3 stations {some have more.. But I'm not doing that much}

Albuquerque is known for their hot air balloon fiesta, every October, At Balloon Fiesta Park. I might not do the fiesta.. But I will add a new callout. Balloon crash, where a balloon would hit power lines. 

In this mod. I plan on making the map consist of Balloon Fiesta Park. And districts 4 and a Fire Department not in Albuquerque but on the border, called Bernalillo County Fire Department. It would have Lovelace Medical Center. {One of the best Hospitals there} and sheriff departments along with state and local.

Solberg- Huntington Airport-

Solberg Airport is a SMALL airport in  Whitehouse Station, New Jersey.

The map would consist of a small airport fire and rescue station, as well as a regular station 2 minutes away for MVA's etc...  The map would have the airport as well as the surrounding area.

This airport is known for the largest Summer balloon festival.

I WILL NOT have the festival apart of this mod..  UNLESS voted for.

I will also have the balloon crash callout for this mod as well as Albuquerque.

Jones Beach-

This beach is a small beach on the coast of Long Island, New York.

Even though this is a small beach... It has over a million people visit it a year, and is always busy..

Lifeguards are the main department there. The coast  guard is there as well, and the local fire department is always there assisting the lifeguards.

New callouts! Like shark attack, burns (3rd degree), Small plane crash just off the coast, boat incident (fire, crash)

Universal, Orlando Florida-

Universal is a busy theme park, all year round.

This mod would be like no other mod!

Instead of being in charge of a city, you will have to be in charge of workers to keep people moving off the streets, and EMT's/ Security standing/ Stationed around the park.

This mod would be a different but very fun mod, if it gets the right modders {NOT Doing this by myself!}

If you have any other places for me to take into consideration. Put a comment down below!

and suggestions for the mods above, put that down below to!

Jack!

I will..  I'm just getting idea's.. If you want, tonight, or sometime this week I will make a quick model with a cool skin and then post it :|

Maybe even put my nice lights on it! {Would you like me to post updates on youtube or on here? Or both?!?

well Great . and good luck )

When it comes to this game and modding it in the past alotta people have made very wild claims of what their ambitions were for it but didnt have the skill level to support the ambition.  Because of that people tend to be pretty cynical when people show up with ambitious ideas, don't take it personally when it happens.  It just kind of is a fact of the community from people who've came and went before, so people tend to approach new things with apprehension rather than getting on-board out the gate  (in honesty not without just reasoning).  A little bit of good-faith showing you've got the ability to back up the ambitions would help to win people over when it comes to thinking you can do your new ideas.

Best of luck to you with your mod.

Okay, Mods and Admins want to see some content!

So in the next week or 2, I will be working on reskins of some vehicles, and then add lights, from there I will start to re model vehicles from the ground up.

Here is some of the vehicles that you will see me reskin this week.. (PS.. This will be consdered a mod.. Not a sub-mod, So trust me.. It wont be all reskins ;)

Vehicles that you will most likely see in the coming weeks:

City of Albuquerque Police Department

3098693265_c18a6935bc.jpg

Albuquerque-police-badge.jpg

New Mexico State Police

6889574347_dbf7e76a8b_z.jpg

US Border Patrol

border-patrol.jpg

Albuquerque has many ambulance companies..

I will be using AMR, Albuquerque Fire Departments Ambulance, and Albuquerque Ambulance Department

6531028541_4cc9cd05fd_z.jpg

640_0002193.jpg

8204371025_d8e443c928_z.jpg

:}

More to come! I will be skinning them so you can get a good look at what is to come.. Then we will go on what you guys want

{IF The pictures are not allowed, you may block them ;}

Balloonchaser

These are the modifications that I will work on (In order unless request)

1. Albuquerque Modification

2. Solberg- Huntington Airport map (Whitehouse Station Modification- Small town)

3. Universal Map (Universal Modification) Orlando Florida

4. Jones Beach Map (Beach on Long Island)

5. Others when suggested

Well the problem still is, The truth is alot of us can skin, Some less but still a few can model, Just a bit can script, And only a select amont of people can script what you want to script. People will stay cinical about it untill you show a scrpt or something, there has been so many people to say Im gonna do this and that but never made it.

Anyway, Good luck!

And i hope you are not one of them, but really can make it!

Yeah, I have nothing to do the next coming months, and I'm going to live up to what I said.

And guess what.. If I can't do something, then I'm going to learn it! And learn it! Until I get it.. Some people won't do this, and this is why Emergency 4 is dying. People just ask other people when they can't! It's bad! I hope other people see this, because I don't care how long it takes me, how many people want to help me... {I'll let 2 maybe}

I'm going to get this done!

Jack

I should run for president

Okay, Mods and Admins want to see some content!

So in the next week or 2, I will be working on reskins of some vehicles, and then add lights, from there I will start to re model vehicles from the ground up.

Here is some of the vehicles that you will see me reskin this week.. (PS.. This will be consdered a mod.. Not a sub-mod, So trust me.. It wont be all reskins ;)

To be honest, I did not want to see content.  I was just preparing you for why people think the way they do in this community, and stating the easiest means to "win" them over into giving good-faith that you can fulfill what ambitions you propose.  To me, some mods make it, some don't, talent is a part of it but it's more dedication that sees them thru.  Most people get bored and move on long before they finish them because frankly, they underestimate the work, particularly if you're stuck hitting it up alone.

Well the problem still is, The truth is alot of us can skin, Some less but still a few can model, Just a bit can script, And only a select amont of people can script what you want to script. People will stay cinical about it untill you show a scrpt or something, there has been so many people to say Im gonna do this and that but never made it.

Anyway, Good luck!

And i hope you are not one of them, but really can make it!

^ He pretty much summed up the community, most can reskin, most can modify the map (that part is tedious but not too complicated overall).  Modeling is a "technical" skill, some can do it, some can't, you can learn but for some it comes more naturally than others.  Likewise with the scripting, it's a language, so people who are good with linguistics tend to do well at figuring out coding, people who struggle grasping language skills tend to have a tougher go of it.  All about the dedication to learn the more complex things if you want to make something different than the conventional stuff.  Just some tips.

Yeah, I have nothing to do the next coming months, and I'm going to live up to what I said.

And guess what.. If I can't do something, then I'm going to learn it! And learn it! Until I get it.. Some people won't do this, and this is why Emergency 4 is dying. People just ask other people when they can't! It's bad! I hope other people see this, because I don't care how long it takes me, how many people want to help me... {I'll let 2 maybe}

I'm going to get this done!

Jack

I should run for president

A few free months will help you work out the basics and get rolling into the game, but especially if you've gotta do it solo and intend a new map, new callouts, etc expect to invest years into it.  None of the large mods were an "overnight" thing, and most had several people working on various parts of it.  The mods for this game are just so big and so complex that it really is hard to do on your own, especially the more you want to add to it.  The best tip is to start small, get a basic "working" mod built, then add onto it as you go along, don't try to overcomplicate your task and try to rebuild the universe.  Make the mod that replicates the original game first, then start adding things like a new map, new callouts, new functions etc... Whatever you're going to add do so piece by piece, don't try to do it all at once lest you run into the all too common problem of breaking the game with no clue where it went wrong, people get frustrated at that point and quit (this game is very fickle and fragile; it doesnt take much to break it).

Best of luck in learning what you want to learn and doing what you have in mind for your mod.  Hopefully some of what I said above is useful to you and helps guide you along.