PJJW

Updates for EM5?

Which medium? Disk? Steam? Online code? I'm going to assume you got it shipped to you, which in that case (don't quote me on this one) you should download the "Prerequisites" and the latest patch (2.0.2, the first one from the top). But I never had this experience as I bought the game from Steam, which auto- updates.

Well I recommend the NL mod (Dutch Mod) and Unlimited Units. There are a few US lighting theme mods, and I think I heard of a Multi- Roles mod (firefighters can redirect, police can use a fire extinguisher) but that is included in the NL mod. However, I don't think there are any mods compatible with the new release, where normal officers have guns and some other minor fixes.

The NL mod really is/was the best and, as far as I know, the most popular mod as well, It is too bad that FrozenOne stept out of the project, leaving everyone behind with his now completely useless NL mod. It is such a loss; not only for the time and efforts he had put in his wonderful mod in the first place, but certainly for all the players he disappointed with his completely unexpected action as well.

Maybe, should "FrozenOne" still visit the forum now and than, and read these comments, I do hope, that he would like to consider to re-activate his project again and/or at least upload "the fix", to let his mod work with EM2016 to make so many players happy again. After all, making the fix shouldn't be much of a problem for him, as he stated earlier on the forum. Just like "ItsLeandro" decently fixed and posted his update/fix last year, just before permanantly leaving the forum as well, His "UUM" is now able to play with EM2016 as well. 

Let's just hope that FroneOne, in the near future, chooses NOT to become nothing more than "a part of our forum history", but he would still find the urge again to WRITE history on our forum. If not, he's either not doing well at all (considering the reason he gave us for stepping out), or he started living the "Like I care"-attitude...      

Nevertheless, If anyone would like to make an effort in trying to pick up the peaces to get this NL mod up and running again, or would decide to go for a completely new (American?) mod, please go for it! As for me, I have easy talking, but  as I stated here many time before on this forum, I am not a modder at all - to me, modding is just like rocket science. 

BTW:

I'M WISHING EVERY FORUM MEMBER AND THEIR FAMILIES A HEALTHY AND WONDERFUL 2016!!

Cheers!!

Robert  :holdglass: