Zaralzer

New game development. Sugggestions welcome

Hello. I'm working on a new team development for creating a completely new renewed game based on Emergency. It will include more micromanagement for disasters, better planifications and some other features.

But, I want to know the suggestions of all of you about what do you want to see on a game like this.

Mkai, Wel a few things:

Multiplayer, Moddable, Good Not to complex editor, different sorta callouts, Having stations instead of 1 big HQ, Map sizable, So a big map is posible but also a small map. Make it so that people with Low-end PC can play But also High-End. 

Having Police Chases, Tazers Peperspray etc. And add more things like crowd control, Let them be able to block off roads.

Ems, Having that a Stroke you need more medics then a simple fall, Let multiple medics heal 1 person.

Fire, Different kind of calls and materials.

Enough for a bit now i think?

Edit:

For Units, I would choose between Europian or American, Or try to make a mix but i think American would be cool since we have alot of Europian mods already.

Features:

Fire: Hydrants, Working water limit thing, SCBA, Good skins, Let them setup all things etc. Auto Setup,

Police:

Deeper, More options to arrest, Check Suspects, Setup checkpoints, better traffic/crowd control?

General:

Command mode, Where you can select what units need to respond?

Dispatch role, He can say in multiplayer what units to respond without actually being in control of any unit.

Enough stuff for now i hope?

Mkai, Wel a few things:

Multiplayer, Moddable, Good Not to complex editor, different sorta callouts, Having stations instead of 1 big HQ, Map sizable, So a big map is posible but also a small map. Make it so that people with Low-end PC can play But also High-End. 

Having Police Chases, Tazers Peperspray etc. And add more things like crowd control, Let them be able to block off roads.

Ems, Having that a Stroke you need more medics then a simple fall, Let multiple medics heal 1 person.

Fire, Different kind of calls and materials.

Enough for a bit now i think?

Edit:

For Units, I would choose between Europian or American, Or try to make a mix but i think American would be cool since we have alot of Europian mods already.

Features:

Fire: Hydrants, Working water limit thing, SCBA, Good skins, Let them setup all things etc. Auto Setup,

Police:

Deeper, More options to arrest, Check Suspects, Setup checkpoints, better traffic/crowd control?

General:

Command mode, Where you can select what units need to respond?

Dispatch role, He can say in multiplayer what units to respond without actually being in control of any unit.

Enough stuff for now i hope?

I really loved this. And just to let you know step by step what we have in mind actually.

The game at first will be Singleplayer. Depending the success of it, will be able for multiplayer. It depends the kickstarter success.

The game will be fully moddable with a intuitive editor (or we will try it).

The game will have different stations. The map will start on a small area (rural area) and you will be able to expand and get new stations from rural area to the city. That means, much bigger maps (at least 5 times bigger than Emergency series). For low end PC's we will try to optimice it a lot using LODs and lower graphic details (low textures, lightings, etc).

The game will be more focused in micromanaging the units and variation of the situations. For example:

You can attend a small riot who ends in a big battle. You will be able to control de crowd cutting streets, redirecting in real time the traffic (cut the street and send them to another street, not just 'turn around'). We also will add a 'manage time' for syncronize all your units and, after clicking that, the units will do the orders at the same time.

Random events will include police chases, hostage rescue in a large scales (not like Emergency where you send a unit with flashbang and arrest them) it will be more complex with negotiations, time limits for reach the demands, etc. Also a shoplifting for example, can end on a hostage rescue or a police car chase.

The traffic will be able to be redirected in any way with a waypoint system (or similar. Where you can cut the AI traffic and send them anywhere you want, with limitations of course).

For EMS there will be two types of ambulance. Basic Life Support and Advanced Life Support. They can attend different kind of emergencies and requires more or less equipment. For example on what you said, you will not do anything with a BLS on a heart attack, becuase they will not be able to attend due lack of equipment. Also the medics will not go into another vehicle, they will go directly into the ambulance. (But there will be medical vehicles available too).

For firefighters, there will be different emergencies, is hard to determine differences with Emergency, but we will vary on the vehicles specially with more basic units for accidents for example and advanced for large fires and forest fires. (Offroad trucks). If you have any suggestion refering firefighters will be welcome.

In general aspects. The way to control the units will be different. Each unit will have a numeration, police cars will be P-01, P-02, etc for example, and you can send them to patrol using waypoints (you assign the route they do). Also for emergencies, you can send the closest unit to the location or send a specific unit there directly.

We will also create a upgrade system of units. For example, buying more advanced equipment giving some bonuses. (for example better gas masks for firefighters will end on better resistance to smoke more time. Another upgrade will be water walls for firetrucks (if they are to close to a large fire, they will not decrease the health and activate the water shield protecting them).

Another aspect is the game will be a bit more realistic, water pumps will have limited water for example. Police will have a limited amount of traffic cones or other stuff on the car. If you want to cut large road ways with cones for example you will need a cargo truck (tech department).

Sounds intresting!

Well, Just 1 more thing mayby, Like in EM5, The cars move out of the way.

And that patrolling car's behave like normal cars, for example in EM4 they just block the road and the traffic is screwed. :P

Hmm for fire:

Oil on the road

Brush fires

Underground/grass fires

Electrical Fires

Hazmat Fires

Hazmat Accidents

Small accidents (Just help out a bit, Like tree on the road, Tree on car, Car in the water no injuries)

Water accident (Person in the water etc etc)

Mass Casulty Things where fire does QRS.

Normal Fires

Accident (Cut out victem etc)

Also that you have to take a different aproach to for example a house fire and a car fire.

Anyway, Good luck!

Patrolling cars will act as normal cars. If they are not in Code 3, they will behave like any other car.

About the fires, I will talk with a Fire Station near my house to get documentation about their common fires and proceeds.

Big fires will cause on a destruction of your vehicle or injury in your team if you are too close without the correct equipment.

Hi again!

I want to rescue this post to let you know I'm working again on this project.

The project is in a early stage (begin) and I will create a new post with all information.
Suggestions are welcome!

At the moment I can confirm some of the POLICE DEPARMENT vehicles:

PATROL CARS/BIKES
Ford Taurus
Dodge Charger
Ford Crown Victoria

BMW R1200RT

SUV VEHICLES / SUPPORT VEHICLES
Ford Explorer
Dodge Durango

OTHERS:
2 SWAT VANS

HELICOPTER
1 GETAWAY CAR
1 GETAWAY VAN

Each vehicles have unique features (for example more top speed in the case of patrol cars).